04-10-10 05:59 AM
100 ... 234
tools
    Going to loon mtn this weekend! Any word on the apps status! :-D
    01-08-10 07:54 PM
    Nice, i'll be going to to Mountain Creek! Conditions won't be great but i've been dying to get on any mountain. I'm considering downloading the OnTheSnow iPhone app and bringing my iPod touch. I like the layout and how it reminds me of the iPhone weather app. Only problem is that i'd rather have everything on one device; and a snow report for Blackberry would do the job.

EDIT: I'm home from a nice, long day of snowboarding. I've never seen so much advertising for OnTheSnow.com in my life. Every lift on this mountain had some form of an ad for them. Surprisingly, they don't really mention their iPhone app; just the website.
    Last edited by Irving94; 01-11-10 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Update.
    01-08-10 11:04 PM
    Frank.. are we at a stand still with the app or has it been killed by onthesnow?
    01-12-10 09:34 AM
    It is going very slowly. This obviously is their busy time and so it is a bad time to be trying to get this approved. They normally do this during the summer months. This is just not as critical to them as other things right now. They are very interested in the app, it is just going to take time. I heavily revamped it, including grabbing some graphics from their site, fixed several bugs and now I am just waiting for some feedback since he was supposed to be showing it around this week.

Unfortunately, patience is all I can recommend. If it was just my app, I would have released it as it is, but it is not my brand to control and manage.

-frank

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 07:13 PM
    Any chance to suggest to them a small audience, 10-15 people, with different blackberries who could do a beta test with this during the season? Testing this during the summer would be pointless obviously and we all know the real bugs come out through regular use :-D
    01-12-10 07:20 PM
    I suggested it twice and finished the last function I was going to implement. I know they are interested and want a Blackberry app, but I think they still are not satisfied with the graphics, although I am not sure since I have received no response. They are just too busy right now to deal with this. So, I have basically shelved this and have to move on to something I can make progress on until they are better able to deal with it. I am sorry guys, I tried very hard and will keep contacting them periodically but for the moment the app is done but dead in the water and if revived will likely not appear until next winter it seems.

-frank

01-15-10 06:19 AM
    Thanks for all your hard work on this Frank, I personally appreciate all the work you have done and I am sure others who have been posting in here do as well. You have started this on the right track and I am sure it will be worth the wait in the future.

-JD
    01-15-10 08:22 AM
    Thanks for the encouraging words.

And in an amazing turn of events, last night I got a response. I got the data/graphics from the iPhone app to use in my app, they gave me a second contact to work with to improve their responsiveness since they are so busy AND they are good with doing a time limited open beta once I get the graphics integrated so that all the different flavors and combinations of carrier, OS and device can be tested. So, things are moving again and I will let everyone know when they approve the beta.

-frank

01-16-10 06:48 AM
    Some new graphics from the screens.

The first image is from my Tour, tje second is obviously the homescreen icon from a simulator and the last one is the simulator with the we are open sign. The simulator I am using the is 8830 using OS 4.2.1, so the app is going to run on anything newer then that.

-frank
    01-16-10 09:23 AM
    Sorry I haven't posted in a while, for some reason, I stopped getting E-mails about the thread. I'm still very excited about this app and it looks like you're doing an excellent job. Now when you say you got the graphics from the iPhone app, do you mean that your app is going to have the identical UI of the iPhone app? Or are these screenshots pretty much the final UI?
    01-17-10 10:03 PM
    The app will not be identical, at least because I do not have the app to play with and see how it works. Also, I need to support both touch screen and non touch screen phones. I have taken a number of the images, including the snowboarder, the open close signs and the background image directly from the iPhone UI. I will also look at the iPhone weather icons, but all the graphics are in a single 50+ layer photoshop image that I need to pull apart for the BB.

Are these the final ones? I don't know, but it is likely they are pretty close for the beta at least.

If they look terrible or amateurish, that is my fault and a direct reflection on my skill level . That is what the beta is for so I can get good ideas maybe on improving the app.

-frank

01-17-10 11:26 PM
    Background looks much better, icons are getting there... can't wait to hopefully beta test this for ya!! Very excited that an app like this is finally coming of age for our blackberries.
    01-18-10 08:09 AM
    frank, anyway you can post some pictures of this on a storm?
    01-19-10 11:33 AM
    Some I can. There are some issues I am having with just the 5.0 simulators not connecting to the network correctly, but working fine on the real device. Like my Tour running 5.0.0.419 runs fine, but the same thing on the simulator does not.
    01-19-10 01:03 PM
    wow this looks great! sunday river next weekend! hopefully a beta approved for testing by then ;-)
    01-19-10 01:11 PM
    Well, I have some issues still with the Storm devices. Because I am building the app to run on a wide variety of devices, I can't uses newer APIs like the touchscreen api. Because of this, on any screen that needs to scroll vertically, if I have an image in the background and the storm users touch scroll, the image getting scrolled on me and is not redrawing, grrrr. Sometimes I really hate developing for Blackberries.

-frank
    01-19-10 02:18 PM
    Wow this looks nice on the storm. Screenshot 2 basically sums up the disadvantages of multi-platform developing. And i'm sure you'll sort out the compatibly issues soon.

P.S. Beaver Creek, Colorado - 6 days .
    01-19-10 04:34 PM
    Ok, cool I finally found a way to get the Storm and Storm 2 to not drag my background off the screen in a way that works across OS4.2+! So, that was the last issues I was having. Now to just get through any issues OnTheSnow is having with colors and the like and we may see this app.

I am going to try and get them to let me do a beta this weekend, but don't count on it and no promises so don't pester me

-frank
    01-20-10 04:25 PM
    great work frank!
    01-21-10 08:59 AM
    Ok, I am looking for any users not on Sprint or Verizon to perform a beta test of the app for me. PM me with the following info:
    Name
    Email address
    Carrier
    Are you on a BES server
    Phone model (any device running OS 4.2+ is supported)

I am really only looking for people who are willing to send me feedback on whether or not it worked at all. I am working with OnTheSnow on the look and feel, so while I would like to hear use-ability feedback, I am more interested in if it works at all with all the various networks.

Oh and your phone must have a GPS as well.

PM only posts to this thread are too hard for me to manage.

-frank

Last edited by kaediil; 01-23-10 at 06:59 PM.
    01-23-10 06:56 PM
    "not on Sprint or Verizon" - Ohh noo
    01-23-10 06:58 PM
    Irving94 sorry I am on Sprint and I have some feedback from Verizon is all. I need others now.

01-23-10 07:02 PM
    Any TMobile users want to test this for me?

-frank
    01-24-10 08:59 PM
    The app is now available for beta testing. See:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/new...s-beta-417459/

-frank
    02-05-10 10:34 AM
    The nicest taphouse in the well-known Bulgarian ski resort Bansko, where
    a series of Downhill World cuo Ski Competitions are held Unique
    atmosphere, where most of the world superstars such as Bode Miller
    have enjoyed their stay Courteous small hotel in a historical lodge flair

dedopene com]250 Old Pub

dedopene com