04-10-10 05:59 AM
100 1234
tools
    Heh! I might consider it, but there is a problem with the buttons not displaying right on the 5.0 OS that I can't figure out right now. The exact same code works perfectly on 4.2 and 4.5 but not 5.0.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 08:05 PM
    Alright! Figured out my bug with the icons. So, here are some Storm screenies!

First is the Details view. Second is a search results view. Third is a detailed favorite view.

-frank
    12-28-09 11:16 PM
    WOW AND WOW!!! This keeps getting better and better!
    12-28-09 11:21 PM
    Frank, you're my idol. OnTheSnow is downright lucky that you came to them with this idea. Can't wait.
    12-29-09 05:54 PM
    Heh! Thanks. Hopefully next week I will have something a little more definitive to tell everyone.

-frank

12-29-09 10:59 PM
    Hopefully we only have to pay 1.99 for it... On Ski & Snow Report, Ski Deals, Skiing Reviews | OnTheSnow.com the app is 1.99 for the iphone app...

12-30-09 01:56 AM
    I moved to Florida to get rid of the snow reports.
    12-30-09 07:59 PM
    I moved to Florida to get rid of the snow reports.
    I take it you don't like skiing or snowboarding?

12-31-09 02:15 AM
    Looks like it is going to be a great weekend for riding in the Northeast! Everyone enjoy and have a good New Year
    12-31-09 08:30 AM
    cant wait for this to launch!!!
    01-01-10 03:38 PM
    @kaediil, are you planning on opening the source for public review? I would be interested in adding a few things if time permits.

=jt

01-02-10 04:31 AM
    I doubt I will open source this due to licensing issues with the data provider. The provider normally charges $5k/yr for access to the data feeds. They gave me a test key which must be embedded in every data call, which is where the problem comes in. Once (if) it gets approved and released it will be released by them, under their name, marketed by them and I would in some way share the sales. I guess I could open source all but the calls, but that makes it real hard to test.

-frank
    01-02-10 09:45 PM
    Frank, have you sent the app to on the snow for approval or anything along these lines?
    01-04-10 11:53 AM
    I have sent them a link to download the app and run it, but the contact I am working with was on vacation for the last week.

-frank
    01-04-10 12:42 PM
    I have 12 days on snow already this year. I would love to have an app that actually GAVE me the ski report like my mac book pro does.
    01-04-10 04:32 PM
    They better announce this app on the front page of CrackBerry if/when it comes out. It's a must have app for any skier/snowboarder.
    01-05-10 01:04 AM
    Guys, I am not an graphic artist or very good at making things look nice. Right now the look and feel along with the images are one (of many) sticking points. Here are some more screen shots but they are very likely to change because I am not sure that OnTheSnow likes how it looks.

Just so you all know, I am not sure that this is going to happen any time soon. I was much too optimistic earlier.

-frank
    01-06-10 03:17 PM
    Ahh don't worry, it still looks amazing. Just wondering why the weather icon is the only one not grayscale, lol. Oh and when it says "Total # of lifts/runs", does it mention how many are currently open?
    01-06-10 03:26 PM
    That number on that screenshot has detailed info which is the total # of lifts. The number open is on the screen before this one.

The sun icon is colored because it was what I had . I was using other icons with color before this so I need to modify that icon, you are right.

-frank

01-06-10 04:47 PM
    Hahaa alright thanks for the quick reply. I just felt like asking about the sun because you mentioned graphic design and making things look good and it made me remember my days when i developed for the iPhone and how important aesthetics and what the screenshots look like are when trying to promote an app. Functionality is key, but the average consumer also wants his/her app to look nice and clean too; and so far you're doing a great job.
    01-06-10 04:56 PM
    Here it is with the sun in grey

-frank
    01-06-10 10:57 PM
    I think things are looking great Frank, I think that something that can help with cleaning things up are the color contrasts. The greyish background takes away from the look of the app. The earlier screenshots with the white background help makes what we are looking for, the information, visible and pop. I also think that for the purpose of showing off the app. You should use default BB fonts when taking screenshots on your tour. Onthesnow may not realize that the fonts on the theme can change. Great work

JD
    01-06-10 11:02 PM
    Lol, I think the bigger problem is that the person testing is using an 8830! The resolution leaves a bit to be desired Oh and after doing the screenshots I chose a font for the app to override the user set one.

The only reason I used grey at all was that their iPhone app has a greyish background. But I agree I like the white better too.

-frank
    01-06-10 11:20 PM
    So are you just going to finish the app and then submit it to OnTheSnow or did they see it already and give criticism and a list of changes?
    01-06-10 11:33 PM
    Well I submitted it and I got that the functionality was OK but the graphics were not ood enough and that is all. Not really a list of changes.

-frank

01-07-10 06:06 AM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD