frank.... any response from the sites you have contacted?!
    12-19-09 08:16 PM
    There is some discussion going on with one site. It is very early in the negotiation, but they have interest and are exploring ideas for getting a BB app built. So, don't give up hope yet

-frank
    12-19-09 09:01 PM
    GREAT! Keep us updated if you can

-JD
    12-20-09 07:20 PM
    Frank,

When and if you get "signed" on to doing an app for one of these sites I will be willing to beta test if needed. Thanks!

-JD
    12-22-09 06:48 PM
    Heh. I will let you know. They asked about it on Friday and I have not heard anything since. I have a mock up of a screen that I am going to send them tonight. I am thinking they probably do not have this as a top priority so I am trying to push the wet noodle. Or maybe they have found a different developer - just as good for Blackberrys (not me personally but no biggie

-frank
    12-22-09 07:09 PM
    Maybe if enough of us email them they will develop an app - Contact OnTheSnow
    12-23-09 02:53 PM
    Well, progress was made today. I can't say it is for sure, but I am going to work on a prototype for them and if it is good enough and we can come to the right agreement then an app will be born

-frank

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 03:15 PM
    I like the sound of this! I was just about to write them an email and tell them how much we want one! Great that this is happening *fingers crossed* thanks frank!
    12-23-09 04:59 PM
    I really hope this happens. I'd 100% buy it or even test on my storm2 . Good Luck Frank!

I'm just a little worried they might think it's too late since the season started already.
    Last edited by Irving94; 12-23-09 at 10:24 PM. Reason: New thought.
    12-23-09 05:24 PM
    Still 4+ months of riding left! Very excited and hopeful for this..!
    12-23-09 11:54 PM
    Any updates? I have my first snowboarding trip of the season coming up soon...
    12-26-09 04:44 PM
    The update is it is going to be a couple of weeks before you see anything if at all. I have a prototype that searches by name and displays all the information about the mountain. There is still all kind of legal, and technical hurdles to get over. Also, this is a complicated app that is being developed by one person in his spare time with holidays, etc in there. All I can say is hang in there and it is coming as fast as possible.

-frank

12-27-09 12:18 AM
    From the sound of things it seems like you have picked up developing this app..please correct me if I am mistaken. Frank, if this is true will there be a display where we can save our favorite mountains(like 5 or so) and flip through them similar to how berryweather is set up? Just throwing my 2cents in. Appreciate all your doing man. Thanks again.

JD

12-27-09 12:30 AM
    I am developing an app that will have to get approved by the company since they will be marketing it and it will be branded with their name. It will not be free. It will likely be initially a single version for all BBs so swipe motions will not initially be supported. Conventional navigation means like buttons will be used. The iPhone app has up to 18 favorites, I expect to have the same as well as a search by geolocation if your device has a GPS, search by name and search by region. I need to get a prototype to the company this week and see if they approve it. Then I will post some screen shot (maybe a little sooner on the screen shots because I am excited about how it looks).

-frank

12-27-09 10:42 AM
    Sounds great.. Also very excited for this. Paying for the app will not be a problem... A 1 time fee I assume? Can't wait for the SS!

12-27-09 10:49 AM
    I would 100% buy this app. I love snowboarding but hate looking up the mountain conditions. Good luck Frank

12-27-09 01:55 PM
    Here are some early snapshots from a low resolution simulator. I am trying to make sure it runs on everything from OS 4.2+.

The screen shots show it needs some work still, but the dta is live from the OnTheSnow servers.

For example, I need to fix the one button on the one page.

-frank
    12-27-09 03:50 PM
    Even the fact that you got the whole data stream working right is great. I'm liking it already. Just 2 quick questions:

*Are you 100% using these fonts or are they subject to change?
    *Is there going to be trail map integration so that you can view and navigate the mountain's map from inside the app?
    12-27-09 03:59 PM
    The fonts are the default one for the phone, I did not change it other then the size in some places.

No I will not be able to traverse the trail maps, I don't have that info. Best I will have is a link to their web page version of the trail map if it exists.

-frank

12-27-09 04:23 PM
    AHHH! Screenshots I love it... very excited for this! Good to see you got the data worked out! I think more importantly then adding a link to the trail map is a button that opens BBmaps/Google Maps to get you directions. Can't wait to see how this will look as you begin to clean things up and make it pretty! :-) Good work Frank! Don't be shy in posting more screenshots!
    12-27-09 08:55 PM
    Frank once again if you need someone to test on a 9550 I am available. =)
    12-27-09 09:18 PM
    Another screenshot running on my Tour not a simulator this time. It actually looks much nicer on my tour screen.

-frank
    12-28-09 03:59 PM
    Another screenshot running on my Tour not a simulator this time. It actually looks much nicer on my tour screen.

-frank
    Looks great on the tour screen! Looks much cleaner LOVE IT!
    12-28-09 04:02 PM
    Looks Great! Can't wait to see it on my Storm2.
    12-28-09 04:44 PM
    Agree on that! 3 weeks is going to be so long to wait! :-( unless frank let's us be secret bets testers for the S2!!

12-28-09 04:46 PM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD