Facebook Messenger is already on iPhone and Android, when will BlackBerry get it?

Facebook Messenger | Facebook
    08-14-11 12:10 PM
    hmmm personally i dont get the point of this... there is a chat function in all the facebook apps on the mobile devices... so why......... lol
    08-14-11 12:30 PM
    Are you talking about Facebook Chat, which is already now part of the new Facebook 2 for BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 12:32 PM
    It's built into Facebook 2 for blackberry.

lssanjose likes this.
    08-14-11 12:35 PM
    It's built into Facebook 2 for blackberry.

Are you sure? I think OP is referring to the standalone Messenger.
    08-14-11 12:41 PM
    Yeah its a new app that facebook made. It bring all the messaging parts of facebook into one app(messages,chat). They did this because if you've ever used facebook on android you would know that it sucks in that aspect. However I don't see blackberry needing this at all because it handles messages and chat seemlessly.

08-14-11 12:50 PM
    Nah, Messenger isn't a response to FB Android app. It basically wants to compete with G+ Huddle and iMessage, IMHO.

FB is trying to keep FB users on FB.
    08-14-11 01:08 PM
    Well like stated, with FB 2.0 for BB, the standalone FC Chat messenger would be redundant. FB 2.0 already does it all well.

CS
    08-14-11 01:20 PM
    Well like stated, with FB 2.0 for BB, the standalone FC Chat messenger would be redundant. FB 2.0 already does it all well.

CS
    I think some people will like the stripped down, chat only version. They are also trying to get some BBM users, I think.
    08-14-11 01:59 PM
    Personally, I wouldn't want to install an additional app to do what another app (FB) does fine already. No need for it.
    08-14-11 02:31 PM
    I installed the messenger app on my iPhone, and still don't see much of a use for it. Didn't see any way to tell if contact are online and available.
    08-14-11 03:06 PM
    Facebook is still playing catch up. Google Talk has video/voice already in its updated version.
    08-14-11 03:56 PM
    Yeah no point in a stand alone If the fbook app already has live facebook chat with notifications

08-14-11 05:13 PM
    i was thinking the same thing myself. the chat built into the FB app blows the iPhone and Android versions away. it looks very close to the normal full-desktop version.
    08-14-11 05:35 PM
    The whole point is for your contacts to get your message no matter what so through either fb chat and if they're not online then it will text them your message but that contact has to have their cell number "registered" on their fb profile or else they won't be able to receive the message. Sounds like a reponse to iMessage to me.

08-14-11 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD