Hi,

Will RIM solve this problem soon? It's driving me nuts. I already tried the GMail app, but I really miss the push-mail in that case...

D
    04-27-10 11:32 AM
    I read recently that it wouldn't be until the third quarter of this year. I'm tired of waiting and am going Android next month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 01:17 PM
    I read recently that it wouldn't be until the third quarter of this year. I'm tired of waiting and am going Android next month.

Went there,

Came back...
    04-27-10 03:55 PM
    Hi,

Will RIM solve this problem soon? It's driving me nuts. I already tried the GMail app, but I really miss the push-mail in that case...

D
    Gmail support was added with the BIS 3.0 rollout at the end of last month.

BIS 3.0 Live in North America ... Now What? | CrackBerry.com

To enable the gmail plugin, you may to delete and readd your gmail account in the email setup. Not sure about this as I added my gmail account just after 3.0 went live.
    04-27-10 04:27 PM

Where did you read this? BIS 3.0 went live march 29th, with 2way gmail support, labels/contacts/etc all sync like they should.

3.1 should be online this june, and 3.2 this fall. But we know how well rim sticks to timeframes, so I would expect 3.1 by the end of summer and 3.2 by early 2011.
    04-27-10 04:29 PM
    2 way sync is not supported yet. When I get home I will find the link for the info. It is not supported until 3.2.

04-27-10 06:04 PM
    2 way sync is not supported yet. When I get home I will find the link for the info. It is not supported until 3.2.

Well, I am here to tell you that it is supported now. If I compose an email on my BB, it shows up in my sent folder in gmail. That is 2 way sync.
    04-27-10 09:51 PM
    Well, I am here to tell you that it is supported now. If I compose an email on my BB, it shows up in my sent folder in gmail. That is 2 way sync.

That is one way sync and it has always been that way. Two way goes from BB to Gmail and Gmail to BB.

I'm off to find the link now.
    04-27-10 09:58 PM
    Full BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) 3.1 Details in Leaked PDF - BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews

There is a PDF at the link above.

From the link:
    It was exactly one month from today that we heard rumors of what the features where to be for BIS 3.1. Sadly, it will not be until BIS 3.3 or 3.4 until we see a Gmail synchonization. However, if you're a Yahoo! or Hotmail user, you'll be thrilled to the rumors are now confirmed by a leaked PDF. BIS 3.1 is expected to release in June 2010, with BIS 3.2 following in October.
    04-27-10 10:00 PM
    That is one way sync and it has always been that way. Two way goes from BB to Gmail and Gmail to BB.

I'm off to find the link now.
    I can compose an email on my pc and it shows up on my BB, and vice versus.
    It does appear to have a bit of a delay, but that's not a big deal.

Please explain to me what 2way sync is, as I seem to be confused.
    04-30-10 01:15 PM
    If you read or delete an email in Gmail on your PC, it doesn't mark it as read on your BB, nor does it delete it. That's what everybody is missing. Right now, if you *always* just read & delete email on your BB, Gmail stays in sync. But, if you read & delete a bunch of emails on your PC, you'll have to mark as read or delete on your BB as well. Certainly not the end of the world....but it does get annoying. It will be nice when reading/deleting on your PC will update your BB
    04-30-10 01:49 PM
    If you read or delete an email in Gmail on your PC, it doesn't mark it as read on your BB, nor does it delete it. That's what everybody is missing. Right now, if you *always* just read & delete email on your BB, Gmail stays in sync. But, if you read & delete a bunch of emails on your PC, you'll have to mark as read or delete on your BB as well. Certainly not the end of the world....but it does get annoying. It will be nice when reading/deleting on your PC will update your BB
    From what I can tell, the people "complaining" about the gmail plugin dont remember the days of standard pop accounts, if you sent an email it didnt automatically showup online, and when you retrieved your email, you only had an option to delete or leave, it didnt always mark it as read either.
    Maybe these folks should go back to the old days of gmail on a bb and see if they prefer the new way or the old way.
    04-30-10 02:42 PM
    I apologize MODS. I lurked here from the begining but did not post, because the OP was answered in the very next post. I am not trying to be confrontational, but this gross attempt of diversion is conspicuous, and a bit sickening at best.

With that said, I must state that some people will say anything, no matter how many times they are proven wrong. I dont' know why you don't get it...

The OP was answered by Symp EL in post #2, and reiterated that point in post #9 with a valid link.

Jevid answered your question from post #10. I see no where in which he complained. Just stating the facts as he sees them.

You have been incorrect with posts#5 & #7, but won't admit it. And you are wrong in post #10 BECAUSE IT ISN'T HERE YET.

Other than mine, there have been no complaints here.

Now the conversation is turning to how things used to be? Nice "Hail Mary". #Fail. -Sheesh-
    04-30-10 03:29 PM
    I read recently that it wouldn't be until the third quarter of this year. I'm tired of waiting and am going Android next month
    this.

Went there,
    Came back...
    You obviously didn't untilize the power of Android then. BB's OS is fairly simple with you compare it to Android, IMO. I cannot wait to go Android at the end of this year. It was the biggest mistake for me to choose such a poorly designed OS. Once again, yes...this is just my opinion.
    04-30-10 03:44 PM
    Thanks for all the info everyone. Good to hear it will be coming with 3.3, a shame it will take this long.

As for Android: I like the platform, I use my Hero for my 'multi-media phone', for my professional matters I use the BB. I love the keyboard vs the on-screen one of the Hero. The BB is a bit more limited in regards of free apps, but the must-have apps are there. IMO you can't compare Android and BB since they target different groups of people.

D
    04-30-10 03:51 PM
    From what I can tell, the people "complaining" about the gmail plugin dont remember the days of standard pop accounts, if you sent an email it didnt automatically showup online, and when you retrieved your email, you only had an option to delete or leave, it didnt always mark it as read either.
    Maybe these folks should go back to the old days of gmail on a bb and see if they prefer the new way or the old way.
    Sorry, that's a bad argument. I bought my 9700 to sync with my Gmail account and was really disappointed to see 2 way sync didn't exist. Other devices can do this, I see no reason why RIM can't add it.
    04-30-10 04:33 PM
    First and foremost, those saying that 2way sync for gmail will come with 3.3 or 3.4, are patently false.
    View Document

Coming soon: Enhancements to Google Mail integrations

* Google Mail Account to BlackBerry smartphone synchronization of read, unread and sent email message status for new Google Mail integrations
    o Note: this feature will be added throughout the Spring 2010 by region
    I have searched my fingers off, and I can not find any reliable info on 3.3 or 3.4
    That pdf about 3.1 has NO info on gmail or 3.3/3.4 info in it.

Every blog post I can find regarding 3.3 or 3.4 and gmail says the exact same thing with absolutely NO info to back it up. If someone here can supply something more than rumor and conjecture, I will happily concede that gmail 2way sync isn't here and isn't coming for months to come.

Google released the gmail app to provide the kind of access to gmail that the plugin is supposed to. If you need access to your entire gmail account from your phone, use the app.

In summation, 99% of what the gmail enhancements in 3.0 were supposed to provide are here. As with everything in life, there is definitely room for improvement. I would like to be able to filter by adding to or from the list, rather than exclusively, but it provides 99.99% of what I need. And I am always near a pc so if my phone can't provide, the pc can.
    04-30-10 07:37 PM
    BIS 3.0 2-Way Gmail Sync in EMEA? Let Us Know! | BlackBerry Cool

Others around the world seem to have it. I just deleted my gmail accts from my BIS and am rebooting and resending the books, lets see whats what.
    04-30-10 07:57 PM
    BIS 3.0 2-Way Gmail Sync in EMEA? Let Us Know! | BlackBerry Cool

Others around the world seem to have it. I just deleted my gmail accts from my BIS and am rebooting and resending the books, lets see whats what.
    If it works please let us know all the steps.
    04-30-10 08:06 PM
    Google released the gmail app to provide the kind of access to gmail that the plugin is supposed to. If you need access to your entire gmail account from your phone, use the app.
    The deleting & readding gmail accounts is not new. This has been known for months. I just did this myself (again) weeks ago to get the latest features when I upgraded to the first leaked version of .593. This was first introduced to receive the first iterations of the gmail plugin. Since then, as features have been added, if anyone wanted the newest features, they are instructed to do this again. People would not have to take up space and use the BlackBerry app at all, if everything (such as FULL 2 way sync) was present as promised for months. FULL gmail sync. There is not FULL gmail sync at this time.

In summation, 99% of what the gmail enhancements in 3.0 were supposed to provide are here.
    70%, 80%, 90%, or 99% does not mean 100%. Which means FULL gmail sync is not here yet.

As with everything in life, there is definitely room for improvement. I would like to be able to filter by adding to or from the list, rather than exclusively, but it provides 99.99% of what I need.
    That may be fine for you, but others such as the OP are inquiring as to when FULL 2 way gmail sync is here for BlackBerry. Again, what you call "99%" does not mean 100%. Which means FULL gmail sync is not here yet.

And I am always near a pc so if my phone can't provide, the pc can.
    Well your answer serves to answer your own question. If FULL 2 way gmail sync was a present factor on your BlackBerry, you would have no need to go to a PC. Which means FULL gmail sync is not here yet.
    04-30-10 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD