12-16-13 04:59 AM
28 12
tools
    Too many people say: "It doesn't matter when all my data is sent to What'sApp; so many other people and institutions as well as the secret services in the world know them. So, why bother?"
    This was the reason for me not to use WhatsApp.
    03-03-13 10:08 AM
    Hi Jan,

I hope you could help my concern. I am a prostitute by profession and have several hundred clients contacts on my address book. Normally, I do not call my clients directly, but through my agents. I would like to use whatsapp to keep in contact with my agents but would not like my clients to know that I am using whatsapp . How could I go about it without having to keep more than one smart phone.

I am sure that people with other profession may have similar concerns like me. Please help

Sandra
    09-04-13 03:16 PM
    a few notes to clear up here:

1. first of all, your address book is not saved or stored anywhere on our end. we don't need it. we don't want it. we are not an advertising supported product and our goal is to know as little information about our users as we possibly can. i know it might sound weird in the world where everything is "free" and supported by ads, but we are quite different in this regard.

2. secondly, it would be pretty silly for us to want to save address books of the mobile users. the engineering complexity alone would not be something a small startup like us would want to undertake on.

3 thirdly one small piece of advice: we are the good guys, but there are a lot of bad guys out there who don't play fair or have an "undefined" business models. if you are really worried about your data privacy and security, not only should you never download any shady 3rd party applications, you should not even be using a smartphone at all.

so in conclusion, one more time: while we do a transient check of the phone number in the address book to find other WhatsApp users and properly route messages between you and your friends, none of your address book numbers are ever saved or stored on our servers.

now, can anybody help me figure out how how improve battery life on my 9900?

-- jan
    (whatsapp inc. ceo and co-founder)
    So is this still the truth or things have changed since 2011?
    12-16-13 04:59 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD