An annual subscription?

Is that applying to iPhone users as well or are we BB users going to get shafted again?
    04-04-10 01:38 AM
    An annual subscription?

Is that applying to iPhone users as well or are we BB users going to get shafted again?
    our goal is to have all of our mobile platforms converted to an annual subscription. we are staring with blackberry because of intense pressure to release our product world-wide.
    04-04-10 01:48 AM
    our goal is to have all of our mobile platforms converted to an annual subscription. we are staring with blackberry because of intense pressure to release our product world-wide.
    Hmm... I don't really understand why BB users always get the banana skin than apple... First of all, WhatsApp for BB cost so much more with lousier UI & feature compared to apple... and now BB users are to pay the ANNUAL subscription... Hello...
    04-04-10 02:01 AM
    First of all, WhatsApp for BB cost so much more
    that is because the minimum price of software in BlackBerry AppWorld that developers can set is $2.99 while Apple allows you to set it as low as $0.99

so it sounds like your beef is really with AppWorld pricing policy and not software developers.

with lousier UI & feature compared to apple..
    that is because development process for Blackberry is more challenging due to various screen sizes, etc.

but we are working on adding same features into our BlackBerry version and hope to have feature parity between the two versions very soon.
    04-04-10 02:10 AM
    that is because the minimum price of software in BlackBerry AppWorld that developers can set is $2.99 while Apple allows you to set it as low as $0.99

so it sounds like your beef is really with AppWorld pricing policy and not software developers.

that is because development process for Blackberry is more challenging due to various screen sizes, etc.

but we are working on adding same features into our BlackBerry version and hope to have feature parity between the two versions very soon.
    Ok. My apology about the pricing. So then how much does the Annual Subscription going to cost? $0.99 also?
    04-04-10 02:36 AM
    Ok. My apology about the pricing. So then how much does the Annual Subscription going to cost? $0.99 also?
    seem like its gg to be US$1.99, which I'm glad to pay for now that it is so much more stable than when it was first released.
    Last edited by jpgnfx; 04-04-10 at 03:59 AM.
    04-04-10 03:55 AM
    seem like its gg to be US$1.99, which I'm glad to pay for now that it is so much more stable than when it was first released.
    Anyone who has a basic understanding of computation should be willing to pay for WhatsApp. I mean, seriously, if you would still have to use SMS, i think maybe 2 weeks and your spendings would be already higher with WhatsApp for the whole year.

I can understand and find it a good solution, that they will make it a subscription, as stability of this service is crucial! And monthly/yearly payments usually assure this.

CAN'T WAIT to text with my friends (iPhones) using my WhatsApp on my BlackBerry!
    04-04-10 04:55 AM
    Anyone who has a basic understanding of computation should be willing to pay for WhatsApp. I mean, seriously, if you would still have to use SMS, i think maybe 2 weeks and your spendings would be already higher with WhatsApp for the whole year.

I can understand and find it a good solution, that they will make it a subscription, as stability of this service is crucial! And monthly/yearly payments usually assure this.

CAN'T WAIT to text with my friends (iPhones) using my WhatsApp on my BlackBerry!
    somehow im under the impression iphone users are less willing to pay for apps compared to BB users..

wonder how the subscription based model will sit with them.. considering they got it for $0.99, and some even free
    04-04-10 08:02 AM
    somehow im under the impression iphone users are less willing to pay for apps compared to BB users..

wonder how the subscription based model will sit with them.. considering they got it for $0.99, and some even free
    I totally agree with you on this point. I think that iPhone users are on average a bit younger, maybe that's why they are less willing to pay for cool apps.
    04-04-10 09:34 AM
    Just for your information, WhatsApp OTA worldwide is available now!

WhatsApp Messenger for Blackberry
    04-04-10 07:35 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD