Hello together,

I am pretty new to the BlackBerry World, but I already love my Curve 8900. The only app which I am missing from my iPhone is WhatsApp. It would be very useful to me, as the most of my friends have an iPhone.

Unfortunately in Switzerland, only the Free Apps of the App World are available. This means: No WhatsApp for me.

I already wrote to the AppWorld Support to ask if paid apps would be allowed soon hereover, but they didnt answer my question.

Is there any alternative solution to get WhatsApp working on my Curve 8900?
    03-23-10 04:16 PM
    I've got the same issue...I would be really interested in using this app aswell!

Please someone help us poor swiss people :P

03-23-10 05:18 PM
    coming soon, we are a few weeks away from going global.
    03-23-10 05:38 PM
    Hey whatsapp, appworld shows an update available, but it won't let me download from appworld, I get an error message stating the update is not available from appworld.
    03-23-10 08:12 PM
    Hey whatsapp, appworld shows an update available, but it won't let me download from appworld, I get an error message stating the update is not available from appworld.
    AppWorld bug. Sorry.
    03-23-10 08:19 PM
    hey whatapp i emailed you guys but no response as yet. got to say loving the app. i am in the uk on bold 9000 and had a lengthy conversation with an iphone using friend of mine who immigrated to Thailand. works a treat.

i then initiated a further conversation with him later on in the same day and it only took 7 seconds to get to his end.

when you say you are shortly going global do you mean you will be making a pay ota link available on your website for those people in countries that do not support appworld? i have berry friends in the middle east and africa that would love the benefit this app offers.

thanks in advance.
    03-24-10 08:37 AM
    thank you for your quick response! so what does this basically mean?

Will the whole AppWorld including WhatsApp be available in Switzerland or will you just sell your application on a second platform?

As I am an ex-iPhone user, I am very used to chat on WhatsApp. Just an awesome app! I hope this soon means like: maybe one or two weeks :-)
    03-24-10 04:42 PM
    Is there any alternative solution to bring WhatsApp on my BlackBerry?

I'm prepared to do almost everything... :-))
    03-28-10 10:17 AM
    I'm still curious as to when the next full update is due e.g mms support (I wanna play show your location now with my iphone friends hahaha)

I heard it was meant to be March time for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 03:10 PM
    I'm still curious as to when the next full update is due e.g mms support (I wanna play show your location now with my iphone friends hahaha)

I heard it was meant to be March time for that.
    Maybe they will wait with the new update, until they can sell the App worldwide. What are you thinking about this?
    03-28-10 03:55 PM
    Hopefully its out soon. I mean they only just started to develop it for the bb so ill give 'em time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 09:43 PM
    I see I'm not the only one who lives in switzerland whit a blackberry and want to use whatsApp.

But my questin is: is there not an other possibility to get this App on my BB?
    (Downloading with the Computer and then put it on the BB, for example?)
    03-31-10 05:25 AM
    Hi WhatsApp, no offence but 3 weeks ago you emailed and mentioned the same thing. So when exactly is 'a few weeks away'? At least you could shed some light on how it could be done for non-paid apps countries rather than keeping us waiting. Much appreciated.
    03-31-10 05:49 AM
    Hi WhatsApp, no offence but 3 weeks ago you emailed and mentioned the same thing. So when exactly is 'a few weeks away'? At least you could shed some light on how it could be done for non-paid apps countries rather than keeping us waiting. Much appreciated.
    I wont keep my hopes up, I had the same email sometime in jan/early feb.
    03-31-10 06:45 AM
    for those who want appworld on their phone in none supported countries there is a lengthy thread somewhere amongst the forums on how to do this... i just can't remember where i saw it a few weeks back
    03-31-10 07:11 AM
    for those who want appworld on their phone in none supported countries there is a lengthy thread somewhere amongst the forums on how to do this... i just can't remember where i saw it a few weeks back
    appworld and it's free applications are available in our country, just that the we're not allowed to purchase applications.
    03-31-10 07:21 AM
    ah ok! in that case then i don't know sorry.
    03-31-10 07:30 AM
    i have downloadet and installed now App-world on my BB in Switzerland. (after 6 times with an error finally it works)
    it is possible to download all the Free Apps. But for the pay-apps in switzerland we need an Paypal account?? could someone explain me how i can manage that?
    03-31-10 07:38 AM
    i have downloadet and installed now App-world on my BB in Switzerland. (after 6 times with an error finally it works)
    it is possible to download all the Free Apps. But for the pay-apps in switzerland we need an Paypal account?? could someone explain me how i can manage that?
    The Black Berry App World has been released on 18th of March this Year in Switzerland, but only for free apps. So it's logical that you were able to install it. However, at the moment paid apps are blocked.

That's the whole point of this thread. I really WANT WhatsApp on my BlackBerry immediately, no matter the cost. (in the long term it's gonna be cheaper than stupid SMS!)
    03-31-10 09:57 AM
    look there.....

(pctipp.ch/index.cfm?pid=1318&pk=51068)
    03-31-10 12:39 PM
    look there.....

(pctipp.ch/index.cfm?pid=1318&pk=51068)
    Sorry, the link doesnt work for me, but I already made a search on pctipp.ch and the only thing I found on this website was that App World is available in Switzerland. BUT only free apps, no paid apps.
    03-31-10 01:17 PM
    try it with (world wide web.) ;-)
    there is written about the paypal account for the paid apps :-S
    03-31-10 04:39 PM
    guys, we are a few days away from launching OTA site. it is coming.
    03-31-10 04:41 PM
    guys, we are a few days away from launching OTA site. it is coming.
    THAT made my day! I hope it's not a 1. April hoax... :-))
    04-01-10 01:49 AM
    From WhatsApp Blog:

Yes, it is coming!
    By whatsapp

Yes, in just 24 hours we will make our WhatApp messenger for BlackBerry available for direct download from our website.

We also just removed our app from the AppWorld and will no longer be distributing WhatsApp Messenger through the AppWorld. We are making this change primarily for the following reasons:

- Worldwide distribution. AppWorld is currently limited to just a handful of countries and we want to make our app available to you no matter where you live.

- Try and buy. You will be able to download our Blackberry application for free, try it and pay for one year of service through Paypal (Google checkout option coming soon). Switching to service and charging an annual subscription will help us better deal with piracy and build a sustainable business.

Our goal is to launch Sunday night (we are in PST), so check Whatsapp Homepage with /ota for availability.
    04-04-10 12:47 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD