This morning I got a notification that there was a new version of WhatsApp. I've been using it for about a month, quite happy with it.

I have a Torch 9800 on Rogers with 60.0.0600.

I upgraded via application world to 2.6.5917.

I did a re-boot as required after install. Went through the setting up of the application, entering the Phone number and user name, and got a message that it couldn't reach the server.

I un-installed it, booted, and re-installed. Went through the setup process again, and got the same message.

I didn't change any other settings. I checked the permission settings and they are set to ALLOW ALL.

What happened?
    07-25-11 09:19 AM
    Same thing happened to me! Can anyone help???
    07-25-11 09:47 AM
    I did the same, and it did not work fine. I tried it twice, same result.

Anyone?
    07-25-11 10:51 AM
    I downloaded directly from the Whatsapp site after deleting it from my application manager on the Blackberry. It installed and works fine.

Sounds like a bug here that needs to be fixed.

Harry
    Kazbah likes this.
    07-25-11 11:03 AM
    Same thing happened to me this afternoon. After few attempts removing and reinstalling through AppWorld I saw this thread. Was able to successfully download from the Whatsapp site as suggested Cheers, Kazbah
    07-25-11 01:45 PM
    if you download from the whatsapp site via the bb browser it fixes everything. my whatsapp now officially works.
    07-25-11 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD