Has anyone gotten WhatsApp to work? I've tried every version they've released (including some unreleased betas), and have the same problem every time:

I install the app and it works properly, until I do a battery pull or soft reset. Then, I get an error message when the phone finishes rebooting and when I go into WhatsApp, it hangs on the loading screen (checking TCP/BIS) forever and does nothing.

I'm running an OS v5.0.0.419 hybrid, and have had this problem using the MTS release of the OS and a few different hybrids. Again, none of the app updates seem to be solving the problem. Anyone have a solution? Thanks.
    01-28-10 11:03 AM
    I've problems with their every build. Pissed off.

Bought from mobihand, and they've taken it off there too.
    01-28-10 12:16 PM
    You should send an email to their support. They are pretty responsive.

I also bought the copy from Mobihand and noticed the version in the app store is newer. I emailed them about that and they told me to get a refund from mobihand and then purchase it from the app store.

I don't know how easy it will be to get my refund but its not really fare. I prefer managing my apps in mobihand.
    01-28-10 01:23 PM
    I asked them about the version on Mobihand (when it was available) and they told me it was taken down due to piracy issues. I've gotten refunds from Mobihand before; they usually respond within the same day and I've had no problems with them.

I agree that WhatsApp's support is very good and responsive, and I've been emailing them back and forth. Still haven't found a solution, so if anyone has had any luck, please post.
    01-28-10 01:41 PM
    our 5.0 OS test device is Verizon Storm2 with 5.0.0.320 on it

we will upgrade it to 5.0.0.4xx shortly and see if can we can reproduce.

the problem could be with sprint however or with something unique to your build. what does it mean your OS is "hybrid"?
    01-28-10 09:07 PM
    I'm having the same problem using a Bold 9700 on ATT using 405.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 06:29 AM
    Something changes in the 5.0 builds once it hit .4xx. Seems like a few apps (WhatsApp, Nimbuzz...) stopped working with the .4xx builds. Hopefully it is something simple to fix.
    01-29-10 07:52 AM
    Something changes in the 5.0 builds once it hit .4xx. Seems like a few apps (WhatsApp, Nimbuzz...) stopped working with the .4xx builds. Hopefully it is something simple to fix.
    will be buying a 9700 tomorrow to add to our pool of testing/development devices. if it doesn't come with 5.0.0.4xx, will upgrade it to the latest OS.
    01-29-10 11:43 PM
    Hi guys,

I'm living in Sultanate of Oman (Middle East) and BB AppWorld does not allow non-US users to download WhatsApp via AppWorld. Atleast users in Oman cannot download it.

Can someone host the .alx / .cod / .jad on a file server and pass the link?

Thanks in advance.

- KUBU
    02-09-10 01:40 PM
    hi, any idea when Singapore users can download the app?

Because right now on the appworld site, it says the app is not available on your device or for your carrier.
    02-16-10 07:36 PM
    Any news on .4xx OS support?
    Just upgraded my 9700 OS to .423 and whatsapp stopped working. (Stuck at the registering process forever)
    Used to be running flawlessly on .351 OS
    Any suggestion?
    03-20-10 04:50 AM
    Can some one please extract the cod file using bbsak. And bost it here

03-20-10 07:58 AM
    will be buying a 9700 tomorrow to add to our pool of testing/development devices. if it doesn't come with 5.0.0.4xx, will upgrade it to the latest OS.

Hey Whatsapp, what is the status of testing out 5.0.04xx OS on 9700?
    Obviously, the current version of the app is NOT working 4XX, pls keep us updated.
    03-20-10 02:11 PM
    To get a better answer I would either email their support or hit them up on twitter. I have gotten fast replies from them via email.
    03-20-10 04:57 PM
    I'm running.423 and it runs perfectly fine for me!

I'm waiting for their latest planned update for MMS support!

03-20-10 07:37 PM
    Hey Whatsapp, what is the status of testing out 5.0.04xx OS on 9700?
    Obviously, the current version of the app is NOT working 4XX, pls keep us updated.
    QUOTE! I just upgraded to a Bold 9700 on OS 5.0.04xx and WhatsApp does not work anylonger. It just gives one green tick and the messages won't arrive... (

Hope they will soon upgrade the App!
    04-10-10 07:03 AM
    QUOTE! I just upgraded to a Bold 9700 on OS 5.0.04xx and WhatsApp does not work anylonger. It just gives one green tick and the messages won't arrive... (

Hope they will soon upgrade the App!
    5.0.0.4xx has all kind of problems. try our latest version 2.3 though from WhatsApp Messenger for Blackberry
    04-10-10 03:59 PM
    5.0.0.4xx has all kind of problems. try our latest version 2.3 though from WhatsApp Messenger for Blackberry
    Thank you for your quick response! I already have the newest version of WhatsApp installed on my BlackBerry, so nothing new for me...

Is a future version of WhatsApp already in the making?! Hope so, because I already purchased the App for 1 year, for an App that does not work very well on my device...

04-10-10 04:15 PM
    What's more...if you have to reboot your device. WhatsApp has to resync everything again, which would be fine with me, if all my messages would be saved.

For now, everytime i have to reboot my BlackBerry all my Chats are gone...

04-10-10 04:44 PM
    Thank you for your quick response! I already have the newest version of WhatsApp installed on my BlackBerry, so nothing new for me...

Is a future version of WhatsApp already in the making?! Hope so, because I already purchased the App for 1 year, for an App that does not work very well on my device...

if you installed the app when you were on 4.x OS, you should delete and re-install when you upgrade to a different OS since our builds that you get installed are OS specific.
    04-10-10 04:54 PM
    if you installed the app when you were on 4.x OS, you should delete and re-install when you upgrade to a different OS since our builds that you get installed are OS specific.
    No I directly installed on 5.x OS, as I got the new Bold 9700 where this OS was already installed. The strange thing about it is, sometimes it workes, sometimes it doesn't...

I really LOVE WhatsApp and hope that all those problems will soon be over...because...

SMS is so 2008!
    04-10-10 05:38 PM
    Why does whatsapp go back to the default ringtone after a battery pull?
    Does anyone know how to fix this?
    05-30-10 02:58 PM
    I just installed WhatsApp on my Bold 9700 that is running OS6.

The issue I am having when in the middle of chats with people after about 4 or 5 messages the screen won't scroll up to show the most recent. So I have to delete the chat after 2 or 3 responses and start new ones....

Its a bit of a pain... Anyone having issues like this?

Cheers
    Whit
    01-10-11 04:10 PM
    I just installed WhatsApp on my Bold 9700 that is running OS6.

The issue I am having when in the middle of chats with people after about 4 or 5 messages the screen won't scroll up to show the most recent. So I have to delete the chat after 2 or 3 responses and start new ones....

Its a bit of a pain... Anyone having issues like this?

Cheers
    Whit
    I too have the same issue, when i send a reply to a message, im unable to see the message i have typed out as the conversation gets longer. Sometimes i dont even know if my message has gone through properly until i get a reply, needs to be sorted on the 9700 OS6!
    01-10-11 04:51 PM
    I too have the same issue, when i send a reply to a message, im unable to see the message i have typed out as the conversation gets longer. Sometimes i dont even know if my message has gone through properly until i get a reply, needs to be sorted on the 9700 OS6!
    Are you using OS6 also?
    01-10-11 05:54 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD