Hello all,

Just got my torch a couple of days ago. Using it with normal data plan (No BIS). And i installed whatsapp onto my phone. It was working great until i found out that when i'm in an elevator and loses signal, Whatsapp will go haywire on me. Meaning that, i wont be able to send any messages. Sometimes i can change my status, but most of the time its lagging by alot. I tried to check "Account Info" and it said that theres a problem caused by me not connected to the server.

Went out to the browser and tried to go online, and it works. Google and crackberry.

So is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks in advance!
    03-25-11 09:45 PM
    anyone know how to fix this problem?
    03-26-11 09:45 AM
    A friend of mine had the same problem, i told her to fix this by Closing the app when signal was lost and then opening it again (on whatsapp hit the blackberry menu key and then click exit). Maybe you can try reinstalling it and see how that goes

I dont think there is a concrete solution to this, because whatsapp is intended to have constant internet connection and maybe some signal loss.
    03-26-11 10:31 AM
    I had a weird problem with Whatsapp yesterday morning when I noticed I had a spinning clock every few seconds. Checked the system monitor and it was using 80%+ of the CPU. Only way I was able to fix it was rebooting.
    03-26-11 12:00 PM
    So anyone know anything about solving this problem? its really getting annoying now.
    03-27-11 10:35 AM
    I have the same problem lol and it's real annoying....

Is there any way to keep my 3g internet constantly on like the iphone 4?
    03-31-11 07:04 AM
    3g is always on if your in reception area(unless you turn 3g off via connection manager) otherwise it falls back to 2g and gprs. Would make the phone completely useless if it was always stuck on 3g and you lost 3g signal but still had a 2g signal. Why would you use a app that obviously doesn't work very well and is clearly faulty?
    03-31-11 07:16 AM
    Hello all,

Just got my torch a couple of days ago. Using it with normal data plan (No BIS). And i installed whatsapp onto my phone. It was working great until i found out that when i'm in an elevator and loses signal, Whatsapp will go haywire on me. Meaning that, i wont be able to send any messages. Sometimes i can change my status, but most of the time its lagging by alot. I tried to check "Account Info" and it said that theres a problem caused by me not connected to the server.

Went out to the browser and tried to go online, and it works. Google and crackberry.

So is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks in advance!
    Hey,
    I'm planning to buy a blackberry bold 9780. But im hooked up to whatsapp on my old phone. So i wanted to ask whether i can use whatsapp on a blackberry WITHOUT a bis and only through normal gprs data plans ? And how ?
    Because BIS is like 4x costlier than the normal data plans.
    07-19-11 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD