I use WhatsApp and I think it's very useful... but I hate its memory management. WhatsApp cause a great memory leak on my 9000... so I was wondering... are there apps like WhatsApp but with a reduced memory leak?

Like, I don't know, pingchat?
    05-04-11 02:46 AM
    No one have experiences with this kind of apps? Am I the only one that hate the memory-leak caused by WhatsApp?
    05-05-11 01:55 AM
    I think its only you. Have been using it since day one with no prob. Did you download the latest version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 02:33 AM
    I used Whatsapp for 6 months and I eve had memory leak problem, but with the latest versions the situation is getting worse..now I use the 2.0.3007, but the situation is similiar with other versions..

Last edited by FrankCM; 05-06-11 at 09:43 AM.
    05-06-11 09:40 AM
    Whatsapp is great but as it pushes really well you can shut it down and still get all your messages - in Whatsapp use menu key and exit and it stops running in the background. As it starts instantly when you get a message this is not a problem.

I use Shortcutme to use amacro to do this from anywhere.

I wonder why the developers still escape it to background rather than kill the app with escape.
    05-06-11 10:37 AM
    The problem is..I use the exit key and I never use Whatsapp in background, since the push notifications work in any case..but it leaks memory even if it's closed! I'm sure it's whatsapp cause it happens since I use it.. Here's why I asked about pingchat..

05-06-11 02:46 PM
    My experience with ping was not great. Battery drain. Memory leak and unreliable push. Kik was very good but they annoyed blackberry.

05-06-11 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD