Having two issues with Whatsapp that I'm hoping someone kind can help with:

1) I have a Bold 9700, and my message history doesn't save. It keeps saying that there is no media card found.

2) The more pressing matter... it seems as if once or twice a week, messages will not send. The little square clock symbol stays by the message, and never turns to the green check mark to indicate that it has been sent. I've also checked with those whom I'm sending messages and they are not receiving.

I use Whatsapp to communicate SMS style with family members who do not have BBs. If the issues with messages not being able to send is not resolved, I'll have to search for another SMS-style, cross platform app. It is times like these when I really wish that Google made a stand alone Gchat app for the iPhone.
    09-16-10 06:08 AM
    Try deleting the whatsapp database stored on your memory card. Maybe the database is corrupted.

Use any file manager to navigate to your memory card >> goto databases >> whatsapp

Then delete all the messageStore.db found in the folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-11 04:09 AM
    just to add, i'm in the UK on O2 and having problems with Whatsapp in the last few days...

messages won't send, the disappear after you hit send.

sounds like a bug, so maybe an update will be coming out soon... they seem to be fairly frequent anyway
    03-02-11 03:27 PM
    i'm having exactly the same problem! i'm not getting notified when i receive messages and when I write them they disappear the moment i hit send... it really bums me.. and it also says message history not found, media card disabled... and an error in the whatsapp push... can+t seem to solve it.

does anyone know what to do??
    08-30-11 04:02 AM
    I'm having the same issues. On Bell Canada, Bold 9700 OS6

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 06:16 PM
    "Open whatsapp -> settings -> message history..."

1st. open whatsapp -> settings -> Message History : OFF

2nd. Main menu -> media -> explore -> go to media card -> databases -> rename "WhatsApp" folder to anything, like "WhatsApp1"

3rd. open whatsapp -> settings -> Message History : Media Card ---done--- then u can see a new folder "WhatsApp" in your mediacard-databases

Not my solution - just found it online , but thought of sharing
    12-09-11 02:23 AM
    Worked for me. Thank you
    Sumeeet12 likes this.
    03-08-13 04:09 PM
    Having two issues with Whatsapp that I'm hoping someone kind can help with:

1) I have a Bold 9700, and my message history doesn't save. It keeps saying that there is no media card found.

2) The more pressing matter... it seems as if once or twice a week, messages will not send. The little square clock symbol stays by the message, and never turns to the green check mark to indicate that it has been sent. I've also checked with those whom I'm sending messages and they are not receiving.

I use Whatsapp to communicate SMS style with family members who do not have BBs. If the issues with messages not being able to send is not resolved, I'll have to search for another SMS-style, cross platform app. It is times like these when I really wish that Google made a stand alone Gchat app for the iPhone.
    Bold part happens to me everyday ..i have to turn off 'Mobile Network' for whatsapp to work on wifi only and then turn on 'Mobile Network' to be able to make calls ect...

i wish there was a simple option to let us choose which way we want whatsapp to work

Mobile Network
    Wifi
    ect....
    03-09-13 08:49 AM
    i am having the same problem as you mentioned in BOLD LETTERS ...

is there any solution to it ....
    04-17-13 02:36 PM
    For blackberry os 7 please check this solution..

1. Delete the app from your phone (learn how: WhatsApp FAQ - How do I delete an application?)
    2. When the device tells you it needs to reboot, choose reboot and remove the battery for 30 seconds before restarting the phone.
    3. Download the most recent update of WhatsApp by visiting this link in your BlackBerry Browser (not App World):
    WhatsApp for BlackBerry

Sent by whatsapp support team.
    05-25-13 11:38 PM
    Thanks it worked for me too.
    06-09-13 11:14 PM
    Thanks, it worked for me too.
    06-09-13 11:19 PM
    pictures and videos from whats app get stored in device memory. i wanna make memory card as its default memory . please suggest...
    model - blackberry z3
    07-31-14 01:50 AM
    pictures and videos from whats app get stored in device memory. i wanna make memory card as its default memory . please suggest...
    model - blackberry z3
    On BBOS:
    - Click on the settings tab
    - Scroll down and click on Media Settings
    - Change the "Save Media on:" drop-down setting from "Device" to "Media Card"

On BB10:
    - Swipe down from above the top of the screen
    - Tap on "Settings"
    - Tap on "Media Settings"
    - Change the "Save Media on" drop-down setting from "Device" to "Media Card"
    07-31-14 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD