When you first install whatsapp it gives you a list of favourites.

How does it determine that list? At random or it is people you have contacted via text/other means recently?
    03-29-11 06:28 AM
    When you first install whatsapp it gives you a list of favourites.

How does it determine that list? At random or it is people you have contacted via text/other means recently?
    People who have whatsapp. The "all" list is everyone in your address book. "Favs" / "Favorites" are those who have installed whatsapp and activated it.
    03-29-11 07:01 AM
    Moved to BB Apps
    03-29-11 09:29 AM
    Any phone number in your BB address book that is registered with WhatsApp should be listed in Favs. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
    03-29-11 12:29 PM
    People who have whatsapp. The "all" list is everyone in your address book. "Favs" / "Favorites" are those who have installed whatsapp and activated it.
    So the Favs list are people that have whatapp and the all list are people that dont listed with the people that do?

The only reason I am asking is that I recently got in trouble for having an ex who was still in my address book appear in my favs list when I only just installed whatsapp (hadn't even used it yet)

...just trying to prove my innocence :s
    03-30-11 07:02 AM
    Favs = people from your address book with whatsapp activated
    All = everyone = the whole address book

Yes, contacts get automatically added in the favs tab because whatsapp uses your phone number as ID. So right when you install it, it pulls all your contacts and checks whether each of your address book contacts phone number is registered with whatsapp.

Basically, you had your ex in your address book, but he/she had whatsapp, therefore he/she shows in the favs tab.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gbsn; 03-30-11 at 07:22 AM.
    03-30-11 07:20 AM
    Any phone number in your BB address book that is registered with WhatsApp should be listed in Favs. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
    You pretty much nailed it. That's how it works
    03-30-11 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD