Whenever I update my blackberry curve's (8520) app world (I think it's because of app world) I get a synchronisation error in whatsapp (2.8.5325) and all my contacts (in the app) lose their names so I'm stuck with phone numbers. This only happens a few hours after I update the phone though, all my contacts' names will be there for a while then will just suddenly disappear. The favourites list is wiped completely although it still says I have the same amount of people listed under favourites as it would when I don't have this error. I've pulled the battery, I've unistalled and reinstalled whatsapp but nothing works. It has happened before but I can remember if it came right by itself or if I did something. What can I do to fix this?
    11-04-12 11:40 PM
    I started having the same problem after I deleted a contact off my phone book and then tried to refresh my WhatsApp favorite's list. It says I have 110 favorites but says no matching contacts and gives a sync error.. I tried rebooting, which usually used to work but this time dint. I had to update my whatsapp software so I did that too, but still no help.
    My cousin suggested I remove my sim and put it back in and re-power the phone. lets see if this helps. Usually when their server is down it gets messed up like this. I did take a backup of my phone just in case this is one of the crazy times my phone crashes!!
    11-05-12 01:09 AM
    Please try upgrading to the latest version off our website: WhatsApp for BlackBerry

If you're still having issues, then please contact support from within the app itself (Settings tab -> About -> Contact support). This will send in logs that help us diagnose the problem.
    11-05-12 11:05 AM
    Yes its confirm that WhatsApp having a server problems since yesterday evenng (Nov. 4 2012) and now today evening (Nov. 5 2012) I have received PIN Message from WhatsApp saying that WhatsApp back to normal. For those who having problems with "sync error", my advice is try to temporary uninstall WhatsApp application, because it will drain your battery tremendously and live free from WhatsApp at least 1 day or after you receiving PIN Message from WhatsApp provider and try to reinstall again on next day. Hope its work for you.
    11-05-12 04:39 PM
    Go to Contacts> Menu> Options> Contact list> Unmark Wireless Synchronization> Reboot

By the way, I'm using Bold 9780
    11-05-12 04:56 PM