I'm looking for a better weather app, I have the BBpush one that's pretty much just a browser launcher with a terrible forecast. But I don't want to spend too much

Thks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 12:42 PM
    I use WeatherEye and the icon updates on my homescreen. It works okay but occasionally the data becomes unavailable. I like how hovering over the icon on my home screen displays text with the temperature and description. Unfortunately this text doesn't update unless I hover over the icon on the menu screen. Annoying, but it works.
    08-07-09 12:46 PM
    BBWeather. Weathereye is also a good program.
    08-07-09 12:50 PM
    BB Weather is the best free weather application IMO...
    08-07-09 12:52 PM
    +1 for weathereye.

it's free and i find the short-term and long-term forecasts are fairly reliable (well, as reliable as any weather forecast can be ) and the home-screen icons depicting the different types of weather are nice and clean.
    08-07-09 12:54 PM
    I use weather bug. Icon updates faster than weather eye. Twice as frequent to be exact. I have heard some call the weather bug a memory hog, but I have yet to experience that with the free version any way.
    08-07-09 12:59 PM
    I actually just bought BerryWeather and its very good except I liked how WeatherBug gave a paragraph description of the day as opposed to BerryWeather simply using illustrations. What sold me on BerryWeather s the radar maps, they are awesome to have. Give BerryWeather a try, there is a free trial in the CB app store.
    08-07-09 12:59 PM
    weatherbug works great 4 my bold
    08-07-09 01:05 PM
    I just look out the window.

EDIT: That was not really meant as smart as it came out. I meant to say that I tried a few, they all sucked, so now I just look out the window.

EDIT #2: I'd really love it if someone came up with an app that pulled info from the NWS. If they could include that awesome java radar loop then that would be even better. NOAA's National Weather Service
    Last edited by jasonlitka; 08-07-09 at 01:11 PM.
    08-07-09 01:08 PM
    I'd really love it if someone came up with an app that pulled info from the NWS. If they could include that awesome java radar loop then that would be even better. NOAA's National Weather Service
    I am surprised that has not happened yet. Completely agree!

I use BB Weather and while I had to pay, it was worth it since I use it several times a day.
    08-07-09 01:15 PM
    +1 on Weatherbug.
    08-07-09 01:20 PM
    I actually just bought BerryWeather and its very good except I liked how WeatherBug gave a paragraph description of the day as opposed to BerryWeather simply using illustrations. What sold me on BerryWeather s the radar maps, they are awesome to have. Give BerryWeather a try, there is a free trial in the CB app store.
    I 2nd BerryWeather. The UI is better than any of the free apps I tried. I hated to spend the money, but at least it's not a monthly subscription. The ability to customize the app to your needs is also awesome.
    08-07-09 01:29 PM
    am I the only one who is happy with the weather push service from BB?
    08-07-09 01:35 PM
    i use weather bug elite cost me $4.99 in appworld and love it!!
    08-07-09 01:38 PM
    Weatherbug direct has always worked well for me, and it's free.

08-07-09 01:44 PM
    I settled on BBWeather after trying WeatherEye, WeatherBug, and even BerryWeather, which didn't work consistently enough for me. I've yet to try WeatherBug Elite.
    08-07-09 01:48 PM
    BBWeather with gps is the way to go. Weather is always your current location, plus it was free

08-07-09 01:52 PM
    Weather bug was a bag of hurt. I personally love Berryweather because it ahows advisories and updates better than weatherbug. Weatherbug would fail to update on multiple occasions. One thing I don't like about Berryweather is that the moon icon comes around 5 o clock like lol the sun is still out!

08-07-09 02:24 PM
    Weathereye-free
    Or BerryWeather $10.

08-07-09 02:45 PM
    I just look out the window.

EDIT: That was not really meant as smart as it came out. I meant to say that I tried a few, they all sucked, so now I just look out the window.

EDIT #2: I'd really love it if someone came up with an app that pulled info from the NWS. If they could include that awesome java radar loop then that would be even better. NOAA's National Weather Service
    Bookmark the mobile site.

http://mobile.weather.gov/
    08-07-09 05:21 PM
    Fifteeeeeen dollars later..........Berry Weather and WeatherBug Elite ! LOL
    08-07-09 06:01 PM
    My vote goes for WeatherEye because it's free and the dynamic icon that changes is awesome when paired with the right theme (such as the 3G Bold theme by RedZapper)
    08-07-09 06:27 PM
    Bookmark the mobile site.

http://mobile.weather.gov/
    Thank you! Didn't know they had a mobile site. Too bad it's formatted for smaller screens. I would have liked a radar image that was closer to the native resolution of the screen (normal is too small, "High-Res" is way too large and is scaled).
    08-10-09 10:21 AM
    For a web-based site, try the Weatherunderground mobile site at:

m.wund.com

Also try PDA Animated Weather site at University of Wisconsin (search for PDA Animated Weather and you should find the link.
    08-10-09 02:01 PM
    am I the only one who is happy with the weather push service from BB?
    I love it. It gives me the forcast on the bottom of my screen when I hover the trackball over it. It doesn't drain my battery like most weather programs do, and it was free.

works great for me.
    08-10-09 02:45 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD