Just want to see what others like to use on their torch so i can get some ideas of what to download! Thanks in advance!
    01-04-11 02:05 AM
    BB has either pathetic apps or decent apps that are expensive
    01-04-11 02:23 AM
    Troll. Need I say more?

Anyway, My favourite is one I've carried over from my 9000, 9630 and 9700, BerryWeather, my most used app after the native messaging application. Dunno why, Just is! and so pretty on the Torch!
    01-04-11 03:15 AM
    My advice, sell your Blackberry if you have one. Back to the OPs question-my favorite is BerryWeather.
    01-04-11 06:26 AM
    I really like Worldmate as I travel alot. Also just loaded Weather Plus, and am really enjoying it. Plus if you download the free version and email the developer they will register the program and you can push the weather updates to your main screen. Also, lately been getting alot of use out of Evernote, myTasks and Pageonce - all of which are free!
    01-04-11 06:26 AM
    I would go with Poynt - a free & very useful app that's fully integrated with the search function in BB6. Can't go wrong with that, OP!
    There are a lot more good apps & there's even a blog here on CB where the staff give us their favorite apps.....do a little search. I tried but im away from a computer & didnt have time (sorry).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 06:27 AM
    facebook chat

or, scoremobile
    01-04-11 06:29 AM
    Poynt, ScoreMobile, BBSSH are all favorites of mine.

01-04-11 06:43 AM
    Tunein Radio is pretty good. Berryweather with its forecast in wallpaper is great. eBay works well if you use the site. I also use Berry Buzz and Leave it On.
    01-04-11 07:03 AM
    +1 poynt...sooo much faster than googling it...
    01-04-11 07:08 AM
    In all fairness that is a fair comment. The BB has some fantastic features, the push notifications, the stability, the fact you can have a touchscreen and full qwerty keyboard but the BB is the poorer relation when it comes to apps compared to the iPhone and the Android platforms.

FWIW, I love my Torch but I'm refusing to be blinkered into not seeing the shortcomings via either native or third party app development.
    01-04-11 07:10 AM
    ....and no Crazy Birds
    01-04-11 07:12 AM
    PatternLock - love the way it works on the Torch. It works like the droid so you swipe a pattern on the screen to unlock. This corrects an issue I have with the Torch and it's lock button. When I had it in my pocket, it would lock and unlock itself.
    01-04-11 07:15 AM
    BerryBuzz (BeBuzz), Poynt, WeatherEye.
    01-04-11 07:20 AM
    Mine's are quicklaunch and smartwifi
    01-04-11 07:36 AM
    I agree with mark. i came from iphone, and while I love the way the torch is setup(i.e. it's great for texting as i hate a virtual KB) I do find it severely lacking in apps etc. There really is no where to get anything for free, or many 3rd party apps. The lack of being able to view embedded video drives me crazy. I wish i could combine an iphone and a torch. Oh well, back to the question at hand.
    If you put your phone in your pocket like I do, then patternlock is a must dload.
    01-04-11 08:05 AM
    Well let me tell you about apps for the iphone and android......oh wait, you didn't ask about that.

My fav apps are (in no particular order)
    -berry weather
    -score mobile
    -poynt
    -google maps
    -berry unit converter
    -pattern lock (a must if u keep your torch in your pocket or purse)
    -quick pull (NEEDED it on my 8320 but have it on my torch just out of habit lol)
    01-04-11 08:34 AM
    Poynt; a great versatile app. Find movies, people (reverse directory), gas prices, businesses, etc. And best of all, it's FREE!

01-04-11 08:57 AM
    Wow I'm really surprised no has mentioned six tools.

Hands down the best and most needed app for any OS6 device, specially the torch. Just the added ability to have 3 more convenience keys is worth its weight in gold.
    01-04-11 09:12 AM
    I am in Canada (on Rogers) and have recently replaced Poynt (*gasp!*) for my movie searching needs with the new Cineplex mobile application. I have also had much better luck with TSN opposed to ScoreMobile for sports.
    01-04-11 09:28 AM
    I am in Canada (on Rogers) and have recently replaced Poynt (*gasp!*) for my movie searching needs with the new Cineplex mobile application. I have also had much better luck with TSN opposed to ScoreMobile for sports.
    fwiw, Empire Theatres has a pretty decent mobile site too (not an App)...if you have an Empire in your area yet.

My fav apps are:
    - ScoreMobile
    - Poynt
    - TuneIn Radio
    01-04-11 09:41 AM
    ScoreMobile or TSN are amazing for sports but I agree with Homer that SixTools is a most recommended
    01-04-11 09:44 AM
    fwiw, Empire Theatres has a pretty decent mobile site too (not an App)...if you have an Empire in your area
    mr mccartney,

the great thing about the Cineplex application is that they do not discriminate against other theatre chains. they include Empire and AMC in the listings as well! ain't that great!!

cheers
    01-04-11 09:44 AM
    Browser, BBM, Music App, Facebook, Score Mobile, and the Weather Eye app. All frequently used apps.

01-04-11 09:47 AM
    Beejive, waze, barcode assistant, alarm clock, the light (flashlight), Pattern Lock, My BB Bat, Gmail, Speaker On, Tunein Radio, Dropbox, Lookout mobile security, and don't forget, Crackberry store !

That's what I'm using every day.
    01-04-11 09:50 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD