So I'm going on my third year of owning a blackberry. My first bb was the pearl and ive had the 8900 since the first day t-mobile released it. Over the last couple of months Ive really been attempting to add some spice to my phone by adding apps, themes and im even thinking about changing my os. As a newbie im not really sure in what direction to go. so I wanted to get an idea of some of the downloads ,themes, apps, os, etc..... other users have to maximize their smart phone experience (I dont care if its beta, thrid party, or original) with all that said whats your favorite download? thanks in advance for the info
    07-25-09 04:01 PM
    07-25-09 04:33 PM
    Well I'll start off with OS 5.0.100 because it has been my favorite OS out of the 5 I've ran on. My favorite apps are definitely the Crackberry Launcher and Viigo. I personally have stayed with the stock themes that came with the 8900, but recently I downloaded the free carbon theme that can be found in the crackberry app store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 04:35 PM
    Just to let you know,there are literally tons of these threads.Do a search and you'll have MORE than enough opinions on this.
    07-25-09 04:36 PM
    no order... Also all my apps are FREE with the exception of Pac-Man

- Slacker Radio
    - BB App World
    - CameraMuteApp
    - GPSed (tells you how fast you're going and direction)
    - Google Voice (still testing, it ok not all that)
    - Bank of America
    - Flickr
    - Facebook
    - Myspace
    - Google Sync (not a fan of saving personal info to google. but there over the air contact sync is nice. Tmobile needs to add that)
    - Poynt (find points of interest)
    - Google Mobile App (really nice to have)
    - Opera Mini Browser
    - UberTwitter
    - Where (love this app)
    - Google Maps (must having, the BB Maps SUCK)
    - Qik (fun app stream live video from your BB camera to the web)
    - Ka-Glom (gem matching game)
    - Shazam (another app i love, tells you what song is playing over the radio or tv)
    - ZonaSnap (take screenshots on your BB)
    - Pandora (Listen to music on your BB)
    - Pac-Man (fun classic game)
    - PaderSyncSSH (FTP / SSH app for webmasters)
    07-25-09 04:42 PM
    I don"t have many apps that I install but here's a list of the ones I like, in no particular order and all free...

Themes: I get my from the Themes forum http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/ I switch themes about every 2 weeks or so.

Viigo - rss app... Download | Viigo
    Capture it - BB screen capture app... OTA Download Link: www.thetechmogul.com/CaptureIt/CaptureIt.jad
    Google Maps Google Maps
    WeatherBug - dont have link at the moment found it on the forum someplace
    Los Angeles Times app - LA Times App
    pandora - streaming Music- Pandora - Crackberry
    Slacker Radio - Slacker Radio - Crackberry
    Google Voice (not very good so far)
    Berry Scanner - Police scanner for BB...BBScanner.com: Listen to police and fire scanners on your BlackBerry - Home
    Yahoo Messenger - I dont think they develop it anymore for smart phones but I downloaded the last version they made a while ago. You may be able to find on RIMs forum.
    BB World app -BlackBerry - App World
    Google Latitude - Google Latitude
    WHERE - WHERE -Crackberry Store
    07-25-09 06:09 PM
    Yea, we really do not need ANOTHER thread on this exact same topic.
    07-25-09 11:01 PM
    I dno, I think this kind of repetitive thread is not so bad. They always generate new people who seem to add different themes and apps to the mix. At lease I always seem to find new ones I haven't seen in previous threads. You also have to consider the fact that new apps come out, and no matter how many old threads there are, people aren't going to go out of their way to go find one of these threads just to post about that app.

07-25-09 11:17 PM
    I believe the best application is to use "battery pull". You don't need to download it. You apply it by pulling the battery out and place it back. Those with large number of posts with titles like "CrackBerry Genius...." suggest that that be done when the power is on. I don't know the reason for that, but I simply follow their suggestions in this case.
    07-26-09 07:58 AM
    Hahaha � ^^^�

07-26-09 08:54 AM
    Top ten apps:

[B]1) Tellme | Say it. Get It.
    Amazingly: When I go to the web site, it seems to indicate that Tellme is not yet available for the 8900. Do you have it working on the 8900?
    07-26-09 09:01 AM
    Amazingly: When I go to the web site, it seems to indicate that Tellme is not yet available for the 8900. Do you have it working on the 8900?
    Yes, I do. When I have a chance I'll throw in one or two screenshots.

EDIT: TellMe screenshots on 8900 as promised:

Also, to those who find the thread repetive, it really isn't. With as many apps as there are
    and the new ones being developed peoples opinions on what their favorites are can and
    do change. This thread is a reflection of CURRENT opinion.

07-26-09 09:51 AM
    The old version of buzzme (vibrate & ring at the same time)

BuzzMe | www.jamlent.com

still thinking about getting berrybuzz (not free), which has this function too.
    07-26-09 10:58 AM
    Viigo definitely
    07-26-09 11:10 AM
    Facebook is the app.
    07-26-09 11:24 AM
    i like the application Shazam it helped me identify several songs that i didnt know the name to!
    How much is it?

Trying to download through BB apps and it's saying its free but then re directing me to pay?

Confused.
    07-26-09 12:15 PM
    I guess some people don't mind having repetitive threads on the same topic over and over in the forum. It seems that it would make the most sense to merge similar threads together and the there can be on organized thread where members can add their updated opinions to that. This would make it easier for new members to find out what apps are currently hot now and at the same time have access to apps that were popular over time. On top of that, it would also show which apps stand the test of time.
    07-26-09 12:17 PM
    TellMe screenshots on 8900 as promised:
    Amazingly: When I go to the TellMe web site from my 8900, it tells me my phone is not yet supported. Is there some trick to installing it, or perhaps some other download link that should be used?
    Last edited by dermanj; 07-26-09 at 07:30 PM.
    07-26-09 02:01 PM
    I gotta say I love the capture it app along with the crackberry app. There are so many more that I could list but I won't bore you guys and take ya'll away from your berry lovin' lol.

07-26-09 02:45 PM
    The old version of buzzme (vibrate & ring at the same time)

BuzzMe | www.jamlent.com

still thinking about getting berrybuzz (not free), which has this function too.
    I also have the free version of BuzzMe.

I tried Berry Buzz, and it worked ok...but it MAJORLY slowed down the responsiveness of my Curve. I think it was made for berries with slightly more power then mine. lol...but it did work good. I love the ability to change the LED color depending on the application.
    07-26-09 02:49 PM
    Well, I'm not an 8900 user but hopefully I'm welcome here

I'm a HUGE fan of Trapster, and enjoying playing with it all the time while I drive!
    07-26-09 03:36 PM
    I'm surprised people are complaining about Google Voice. The cheap international rates and voicemail transcribing have been excellent for me.
    07-26-09 04:45 PM
    Zonasnap (a screen capturing app that helps a lot when I post on my site)
    TweetGenius ($5 great premium Twitter app)
    Shazam
    Trapster
    Wattpad
    Google Maps
    07-26-09 07:49 PM
    I change themes a lot because there are so many good ones. Most of them are located here: http://forums.crackberry.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129

However I do find myself constantly going back to 2 themes: 3G Curve by redzapper & BerryBump by kscrum but I customize them with wallpapers from waldog.
    07-26-09 08:03 PM
    Yes, I do. When I have a chance I'll throw in one or two screenshots.
    EDIT: TellMe screenshots on 8900 as promised:

Also, to those who find the thread repetive, it really isn't. With as many apps as there are
    and the new ones being developed peoples opinions on what their favorites are can and
    do change. This thread is a reflection of CURRENT opinion.

OK AG .... how did you get it loaded? My phone is not supported either!!!
    07-26-09 08:05 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD