I've read a few negative things about weather eye slowing down the bb? Is this true? Can anyone explain this to someone that isn't too technical.

Also, to delete an app do I simply highlight one, hit the BB button, and hit delete?
    09-08-09 06:34 AM
    Weathereye like many other weather apps is always running in the background and uses quite a bit of the phone's memory to do it. But is one of the lightest ones I believe.
    To delete the app, just as you said hit BB button and delete. Many apps will want to reboot your phone to complete the process, just say yes when they ask.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 06:47 AM
    Ive been running weathereye for a long time and has never caused any negative effect on my blackberries. Never tried any other weather apps but am pleased with weathereye.

09-08-09 07:12 AM
    Ok, I don't notice much with it running but then again this thing seems like a rocket after my world ed.
    09-08-09 06:07 PM
    I tried to delete it as stated, but it is still there but says it is "archived". I also tried to activate it, then delete it from the tools menu. No dice, it is still there. I would like it off my BB as I am using Beweather and like it much better.

Edit: Just found the answer in another thread. I had to go to the BB App world, go to "My World", and delete is there as it was "archived".
    Last edited by timmay77; 09-11-09 at 08:30 AM.
    09-11-09 08:26 AM
    I've been running weather eye on my 9630 without incident. Nice little free app.
    09-11-09 10:37 AM
    I tried to delete it as stated, but it is still there but says it is "archived". I also tried to activate it, then delete it from the tools menu. No dice, it is still there. I would like it off my BB as I am using Beweather and like it much better.

Edit: Just found the answer in another thread. I had to go to the BB App world, go to "My World", and delete is there as it was "archived".
    Yes that's right. For any App you originally downloaded from App World, it is best/easiest to open App World, got My World, and when highlighting that App press MENU and choose Delete. You can choose Archive to save it to your media card. If you choose Delete, it will stay in the bottom of your My World list the next time you open it, but it will be faded and say Uninstalled. It is deleted though, don't worry!

09-11-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD