Been hearing about Viigo lately. Checked out their website. Anyone have any experience using it? What's the skinny?

while it looks like it's got everything, one stop shop, from the overview, it seems like it might be a little overwhelming. And my experience with things that does MULTIPLE things....They tend to do multiple things....poorly.

Insight appreciated.

~LB
    07-14-09 06:54 AM
    Personally, I think the RSS feeds come through just fine, but I never really used it for much else. Can't say I was all that thrilled with the twitter support, although it was certainly functional, and the podcasts... Well what few I listen to didn't justify holding onto such a large app, imo. My best advice would be to check it out, as it a bad app at all.
    07-14-09 07:07 AM
    If you don't mind it taking up a little chunk of your memory just d/l it and give it a try. Many people have different uses for it. If you don't like it you could just delete it.
    07-14-09 07:18 AM
    Viigo is an app on my berry I can't live without!

I use it for all my rss feeds, weather, sports updates and stock information.

Slowly but surely I am removing other apps like weathereye and just using one.

As posted above, download, give it a whirl.

I hope you like it!

The newest version is 3.1.330

I'm not sure if crackberry has that release as I am using blackberry cools release
    07-14-09 07:37 AM
    Best RSS reader with tons of more function. Great app but is a huge memory hog and seems to act differently on peoples devices. I have deleted it and reloaded it several times already, its a love/hate thing.

Give it a shot and see what you think!
    07-14-09 07:53 AM
    SOUNDS like it's more trouble than it's worth....
    clunky
    doesn't like twitter much
    memory hog
    acts up...

Anyone else with any feedback?

~LB
    07-14-09 08:13 AM
    you can customize your RSS feeds and i love Viigo! its the 2nd thing i check in the morning(after CB)
    07-14-09 08:13 AM
    Hey everyone - thanks for the great feedback on Viigo. We love listening to what our users have to say about Viigo... (good and not so good)...

Just wanted to let you know that we've made note of all of the above conversation and we're listening.. and acting as speedily as we can to improve these core (memory, performance, speed) improvements with each new release.

Feel free to download the updated Crackberry edition here (V 3.1.330): CrackBerry | Viigo

Also, here's a link to our forums (newly launched). We're always looking for more Viigo Jedi's to participate... Viigo Support.

Additionally, feel free to let us know what you think directly - feedback@viigo.com.

Jesse - Product Mgr
    07-14-09 08:32 AM
    Hey everyone - thanks for the great feedback on Viigo. We love listening to what our users have to say about Viigo... (good and not so good)...

Just wanted to let you know that we've made note of all of the above conversation and we're listening.. and acting as speedily as we can to improve these core (memory, performance, speed) improvements with each new release.

Feel free to download the updated Crackberry edition here (V 3.1.330): CrackBerry | Viigo

Also, here's a link to our forums (newly launched). We're always looking for more Viigo Jedi's to participate... Viigo Support.

Additionally, feel free to let us know what you think directly - feedback@viigo.com.

Jesse - Product Mgr
    Good looking out Jesse! I for one truly appreciate a company that keeps its ears this close to the street in regards to making their product better. I will give the new update a try and see how it is currently running.

Thanks again!
    07-14-09 08:41 AM
    I'm also a big Viigo fan as it's the best RSS Reader that I found, which is indepedent of the Browser.
    07-14-09 09:27 AM
    i will just chime in and say that i also think it is a great app. it ensures that i am up to date with everything. i use it mostly for rss feeds and it is one of the most used apps on my BB...
    07-14-09 09:27 AM
    How many of you use it for the NON-RSS related features? The social networking, the flights, shopping, podcasts, etc?

~LB
    07-14-09 09:33 AM
    +1 use it all the time first thing I check when I wake up. Get latest info from all my sites in one place couldn't live without.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 09:35 AM
    If you added video podcast support it would be the best!!!!!!!!!!

Jesse - Product Mgr
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 09:40 AM
    Big fan of Viigo. Easy to use. I don't find it hogs memory on my 8900. I use it to keep up on technology, Reuters, weather. Highly recommend!!!
    07-14-09 09:43 AM
    1: jessss thanks for listening!
    2: i use the weather/local intrest/stock and finance feature. all pretty good.
    07-14-09 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD