I'm trying to figure out how WHERE is more useful than either Poynt or Google Maps. Does it do anything I'm missing that these other apps don't?

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 01:49 PM
    i've never actually used poynt, and didn't really have too much use for google maps... i do however like where, for the simple fact i can check local traffic, get weather, and eventful in a one-stop-shop, plus yelp
    09-06-09 02:33 PM
    i've never actually used poynt, and didn't really have too much use for google maps... i do however like where, for the simple fact i can check local traffic, get weather, and eventful in a one-stop-shop, plus yelp
    Well that's the thing. I have a weather app that I like (and that doesn't require opening an app to use) and Google Maps can show you some traffic information as well.

I never used Poynt either until last week when I wanted to look up movie times. It's a very nice interface for searching for movies without limiting yourself to a particular line of theaters, etc. It just searches everything near you. The Where movie search didn't seem nearly as user friendly.
    09-06-09 09:34 PM
    lol @ the movie theater comment... i only laugh bc living in dayton, there's only one decent place to go see a movie - it'd never even occured to me
    09-06-09 10:14 PM
    lol @ the movie theater comment... i only laugh bc living in dayton, there's only one decent place to go see a movie - it'd never even occured to me
    Heh heh, I can understand that. There's also a new "Restaurant" category in Poynt too. I assume you have at least a few restaurants.
    09-06-09 11:38 PM
    Heh heh, I can understand that. There's also a new "Restaurant" category in Poynt too. I assume you have at least a few restaurants.
    you mean there are other restaurants besides my favorite indian joint?! seriously, they're on my speed dial. /fatkid
    09-07-09 08:24 AM
    you mean there are other restaurants besides my favorite indian joint?! seriously, they're on my speed dial. /fatkid
    Ok ok, so I guess Poynt is more useful when you need to discover something *new*
    09-07-09 10:38 AM
    fine, you win!
    09-07-09 10:40 AM
    fine, you win!
    lol, victory shall be mine!
    09-07-09 11:06 AM
    I used to use it mainly for starbucks, yelp, and movie times.

But now that yelp has their own app I use it for movie times.
    09-07-09 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD