for an app that we all paid to get, Berryweather you failed
    09-06-10 04:19 PM
    And....at 5:36 PM on Labor Day....STILL no radar for the NYC area! This is beyond ridiculous!
    09-06-10 04:37 PM
    try posting on the bellshare forums where the dev will actually see it

www.bellshare.com • Index page
    09-06-10 05:11 PM
    Radar maps have not been working for me either here in Minneapolis. It downloads something roughly 46kb in size (normally it's 100-160kb) but all I get is a grey screen.
    09-07-10 10:36 AM
    I just got the paid version; when I tried to access the radar maps on my 9650, all I got was a grey screen with a red pinpint flag in the lower right corner.

That's the main reason I got this.......what am I doing wrong, or how do I set up the radar maps?
    09-07-10 10:59 AM
    You could just set up a link to your own customized radar :

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/berr...torial-254818/

No outages, and better data that way also.
    09-07-10 11:12 AM
    I never set anything up for the radar. Once I added the location I went to the radar/map and clicked on it. It loaded up and there ya go. What are you guys talking about with setting urls up and whatnot? I'm confused. Also, my radar was down over the weekend here in Michigan too. Had to go to the Chicacgo radar to see what was headed my way.
    09-07-10 12:46 PM
    You could just set up a link to your own customized radar :

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/berr...torial-254818/

No outages, and better data that way also.
    Thanks. I'll try it this evening when I have some time.
    09-07-10 12:47 PM
    This app is the deal of the day today. What a joke! Radar maps have been down several days now and they think people will be willing to pay for this.
    09-07-10 01:25 PM
    STILL down in NYC! Over 4 days without the radar! No wonder it's the "deal of the day"!
    09-07-10 04:16 PM
    ok, i just talked to the dev of bellshare and there is something wrong with the radar. we will have this fixed as soon as possible
    09-07-10 04:31 PM
    Not working for me. Just loads and displays a dark gray screen.
    I'm having to use Custom Radars I've added instead.
    09-07-10 06:02 PM
    Same here with no radar - add San Antonio, Tx to the list of not working.
    09-07-10 06:08 PM
    7:15PM 7 Sept.
    09-07-10 06:18 PM
    so can none of you really not read or are you just trying to up your post count?

we are working on the radar problem.
    09-07-10 06:20 PM
    can someone take a screen shot of what it looks like not sure if i did mine correct
    09-07-10 06:31 PM
    still down i want my money back....lol no wonder it went on sale or dod
    09-08-10 05:32 AM
    I read the tutorial and got accuweather radar to work on my 9650. When I tried the Weather Underground, I just get a map, but no animation or radar. Not sure what's up with that, but I will recheck the url I typed.

As for the built-in radar maps, I am getting that VERY sporadically. I keep changing the screen size settings, and occasionally I will get a radar map. But when I close it and restart.......nothing! I get a download progress bar showing something is being downloaded....then, all I get is a blank screen with a pinpoint red flag in the lower right corner.

Btw, does anyone know how to change the accuweather map type from standard infrared (_SIR) to something like base reflectivity?
    09-08-10 11:42 AM
    so can none of you really not read or are you just trying to up your post count?

we are working on the radar problem.
    "we"?

Sounds like you work for Bellshare. The comment you made asking "can none of you really not read or are you just trying to up your post count?" is no way to treat customers who have payed for this app.
    09-08-10 11:54 AM
    By the way, my radar is working today.
    09-08-10 11:55 AM
    How come you don't answer the trouble tickets?
    And no, the radar is not accessible.

There has been a server outage last night that affected the download of radar images.

We are working on the issue.

Most of the radars should already be back up. Can you access radar now?
    09-08-10 12:39 PM
    Mine is working again too here in West Michigan.
    09-08-10 12:47 PM
    I have the paid version for my Storm2 and I'm considering asking for a refund. There has not been a radar image available for the past 2 weeks. We have had extremely changing weather with strong thunderstorms over the past two days and I wanted the radar map feature in the worst way. BTW, I live in Western New York. I've thought that installing and un-installing might do the trick, but to no avail. Currently I'm using WeatherBug, the free version. It pulls up the maps just fine. I may just stick with it and forget about BerryWeather. I don't believe one word of servers going down. Not every day for two weeks. That's horse-pucky. Needless to say, don't ask me for a recommendation!
    09-08-10 01:03 PM
    Still no "built-in" radar, but I went to the Bellshare website and forums re: custom radar maps

www.bellshare.com • View topic - GPS Tracker Custom Radar/Cams links & How to add them

It was VERY helpful....basically, after I read through the settings several times and played with them a bit, I was able to cut/paste the settings, send myself an email to my berry, and copy the settings and paste them into a new custom radar map. A little editing to adjust the screen size for my 9650 (480x320) and to customize for my location, and I have GREAT weather radar!!!!!!

My favorite settings are, as described there, a "beta", but it works verrrrrry well.

the below is from the Mods at Bellshare forum...ALL credit is to them
    __________________________________________________ ____________

So here's a slightly different radar map that Sling and I worked on this afternoon. We're calling it beta because there are some unknowns in it but we think it can be useful - or at least fun.

What it does:

This map stays centered on the location of the weather radar that does the images. Your current position within the range of that radar is marked with a "+" sign surrounded by a circle - your position may not be in the center of the map. If you set this map up on a Current Location and move about within the nearby geographical area, the GPS Tracker will move with you, always showing your current position within the range of the radar.

What it looks like:

Here's how the map would look to me starting out a trip from Vandenberg AFB (in California) driving down the coast to Santa Barbara. I start out here:
    Attachment:
    Lompoc.gif
    Lompoc.gif [ 106.65 KiB | Viewed 1545 times ]

Note that there's a "+" on the map - that's the actual location of the radar installation. Also note the GPS Tracker - slightly South West of the radar installation.

I drive down the coast to Santa Barbara, my Current Location updates, and the map now looks like this:
    Attachment:
    SB.gif
    SB.gif [ 105.25 KiB | Viewed 1541 times ]

You can see - the map hasn't changed - only my location on the map has changed.

How to create the map:

Before you can use this map for your location you need to find out where the nearest weather radar is and obtain a 3 letter "ID" code for the radar installation. There are 2 ways you can do this:

1 - from a PC - go to the Weather Ungerground map of NEXRAD radar installation here U.S. NEXRAD and TDWR Radar Stations: WUND.COM and on the map, click the cross for the nearest radar. That will take you to a page and in the address bar you will see something like this one:

Current Lompoc Nexrad Radar Map: WUND.COM

Note the 3 letters in bold red - that's the ID for the radar station.

2 - From your device, select your Current Location and from the menu "Open in Browser". This will take you to the detailed forecast and conditions for that location. Scroll down and click on the link near the radar image "Zoom into radar image". When the image has loaded, click Menu and select "Image Address". You'll see a window with the URL for the image and near the beginning it will say:

station=VBX

The 3 letter code is the radar ID number you need for the Custom Radar map URL.

Once you have this 3 letter ID you can enter the URL for the custom map:

h**p://radblast.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/radar/WUNIDS_map?station=VBX&brand=new&num=$frames$&dela y=30&type=N0R&frame=0&t=1265179830&lat=$lat$&lon=$ lon$&label=GPSTracker&rainsnow=1&showids=1&severe= 1&noclutter=1&showstorms=10&lightning=1&smooth=0

Note where I entered the code I got from the Weather Underground website. Replace the VBX in this example with the radar ID you got for your location, and copy and paste the link into BerryWeather as a new Custom Radar Map.

Notes:

1 - This map will always be square (because it conforms to the range of the radar) so it will at best fit either the width or height of your screen and you wilol have to scroll left / right or up / down to see all the map. This is somewhat of an advantage because the radar and map are not distorted by being fit to your screen.

2 - At the very top this is a frame timer. We haven't seen this timer get out of sequence as we have on some other maps with a frame timer - but that doesn't mean it won't. Part of why this is a beta map. Most of the top is pretty hard to read anyway - it's probably best to ignore it.
    09-08-10 01:36 PM
    up and working here in boston
    09-08-10 02:03 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD