Saw some orientation things for the Storm, but didn't see a thread on what's new in 2.09 for the Bold. Just wondering since i got a notice from Mobi that its available. Currently running 2.07.

TIA!
    07-07-09 07:03 PM
    Saw some orientation things for the Storm, but didn't see a thread on what's new in 2.09 for the Bold. Just wondering since i got a notice from Mobi that its available. Currently running 2.07.

TIA!
    Just updated it. I found a few things that were new. You can now scroll to the bottom from the top of your quickluanch list. Also you can launch a folder from the device memory or memory card. I also something called multi touch Im not sure what that does couldnt get it to work. Not sure if this was their before a shortcut to turn off device.
    Last edited by ak29; 07-07-09 at 10:02 PM.
    07-07-09 09:52 PM
    07-07-09 10:30 PM
    How about the fact that it doesn't f*cking work? Tried just upgrading, doesn't work. Remove and then reinstall, doesn't work. Entire system wipe and reinstall, not from a backup, doesn't work. W-T-F!!

Chris
    07-08-09 11:53 PM
    it dosen't work for me too
    07-09-09 01:15 AM
    How about the fact that it doesn't f*cking work? Tried just upgrading, doesn't work. Remove and then reinstall, doesn't work. Entire system wipe and reinstall, not from a backup, doesn't work. W-T-F!!

Chris
    Works fine for me. Only part I have problems with is the convienece buttons changing the settings no matter what choice I make it stll uses the default for them.
    07-09-09 01:20 AM
    works for me!

QL is awesome, but it still lacks messenger app launches.
    07-09-09 01:23 AM
    worked for me also. hmmm.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but isn't the reset feature of QL annoying (i.e. too many steps)? First you have to confirm the reset, then you have to click reboot now. By my count (click, scroll, click, scroll, click, scroll, click) there are just too many strokes!

Hoping Cheetah will address this in a later revision. Maybe it can be programmed such that the reboot now gets highlighted and clicked automatically.
    07-09-09 01:31 AM
    It "works" to a certain extent, but nothing useful anyway. It opens, I was able to restore my menu, but now it doesn't do anything. I can open the first item on my list and that's it. Can't scroll or anything. Alt+t and Alt+b work to move from top to bottom, but that's it. No scrolling. Tried a QuickPull reset. Tried a real battery pull. Perhaps I will try installing and building the menu myself again instead of restoring, but that's such a pain...

Chris
    07-09-09 02:51 AM
    worked for me also. hmmm.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but isn't the reset feature of QL annoying (i.e. too many steps)? First you have to confirm the reset, then you have to click reboot now. By my count (click, scroll, click, scroll, click, scroll, click) there are just too many strokes!

Hoping Cheetah will address this in a later revision. Maybe it can be programmed such that the reboot now gets highlighted and clicked automatically.
    I want support for shazam and windows live messenger. Also a way too add more shortcuts like numbers or more than one letter I'm running out of letters.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 03:32 AM
    Works fine for me. Only part I have problems with is the convienece buttons changing the settings no matter what choice I make it stll uses the default for them.
    I was having the same problems with the convenience button settings, but I narrowed it down to the "nothing" selection. I can change it to others, but not "nothing"...
    07-09-09 09:45 AM
    By far the best part of this upgrade is the ability to open a folder instead of having to choose a single file, picture, etc.
    07-09-09 09:45 AM
    I ahve 2.09 working, just did the upgrade last night, so to thsoe who it is not working .. hmmm email the developer as i have no clue why its not working for some people, but i had no issues and many others as well.
    07-09-09 03:12 PM
    the only reason i purchased this was so that i could backup the list for upgrades, i've done 4 os upgrades, backed up the QL list all 4 times, all 4 times upon restore it says backup cannot be restored, then it says it was restored, but it actually wasn't, this has happened on every os i've upgraded with, restore hasn't worked once, and honestly i'm pretty upset about it, i know this wasn't much money, but it works for some people, just not me....
    08-25-09 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD