I've searched the threads as best I could but couldn't find this. I'd appreciate any advice you folks might have.

My Tour 9630 is showing 62MB free out of 252.2MB available Application Storage. At one point I received a low memory warning, and deleted every pic, video, and song I had but that only cleared up maybe 20 or so MB.

Here's the thing: I only have 4 apps, Twitter, 2 banking apps, and Poynt. These apps total about 12MB altogether. (This doesn't include the "required" BB apps.)

I do have 29 "uninstalled" apps, and I have read the threads on how to delete those. Unfortunately, I was unable to delete them completely with the instructions given, as my menu lacked the options listed to do it.

Any thoughts on what's eating up my app storage?

Through all this I've also had the "spinning clock of death" pretty frequently. And I'm continuously getting frozen (briefly, and without the spinning clock) while using everything from the browser to texting to writing an email.

I have to assume these issues are related.

At one point I was running about 15 apps, but have since deleted anything I don't really need in an attempt to solve the problem.

I'm running v5.0.0.1030

Here's what I've done:

A battery pull

Deleted all the "extra" languages. (And pretty much every other trick listed in the "free up memory" sticky)

Deleted and re-installed the apps I'm currently using.

Re-installed my current OS, as well as gone back to older versions.

Yelled at it.

The Media Card shows 637.4MB free out of 938.2 available.

I have Mass Storage mode on, and Compression enabled.

Not sure if you need anything else, but I'd sure love to hear any solutions to get some storage freed up and get my BB running like it used to.

Thanks in advance!
    07-01-11 09:08 PM
    I use Poynt and have never known it to cause a problem. The banking apps are unlikely culprits as well. Try deleting your Twitter app and using a different one for a few days and see if that makes a difference.
    07-01-11 09:21 PM
    Thanks for the response!

I've tried that without any change.

Could it be possible that when I delete apps they don't get fully removed?
    07-01-11 11:59 PM
    Installing and removing programs can leave bits of code behind. Removing and reinstalling your OS, as you said you've already done, would clean up the left behind code.

I don't understand what you mean by "I was unable to delete them completely with the instructions given, as my menu lacked the options listed to do it." What options did you lack?

62MB is plenty of memory for normal operation, unless you have an app that's misbehaving and leaking memory. That's why I suggested changing Twitter clients. Since that didn't fix it, try deleting the two banking apps.
    07-02-11 06:30 AM
    With only a couple apps on my phone, I had 55 meg free.
    256 meg is small by todays std's. After OS is installed, not much memory left

I don't know how many apps I have currently, but I only have 9 meg free

Can not wait for new 9930 to hit Verizon

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    07-02-11 07:19 AM
    How many text messages, picture messages, phone logs, emails etc. do you have saved on the phone? I'm not sure where they are saved to but don't see some of them on my sd card.

Edit: I have 5.0.0.484 on mine and all I have for apps are quicklaunch, gps tool, bbmaps and tether. I have 110mb application free space and I never shrank my OS.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 07-02-11 at 07:42 AM.
    07-02-11 07:40 AM
    Thanks for all the responses!

I did have a ton of emails/texts saved, however I deleted them about a month ago and set it to clear them out after 60 days.

I'll delete my banking apps and see if that helps.

"I don't understand what you mean by "I was unable to delete them completely with the instructions given, as my menu lacked the options listed to do it." What options did you lack?"

When I go to app world, there are 29 "uninstalled" apps. There's no option to delete them. Only "re-install". I wasn't the only one with that issue-

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/ho...-world-285116/

Thanks again!
    07-03-11 09:36 PM
    The list in appworld is not on your device, I'm not sure if you can get rid of that list but really it's just showing apps that you've downloaded before to make it easier to install them again if you would like or if you change devices.

They are not still on your phone.
    07-04-11 05:17 AM
    Were you ever able to find a fix for this?

I had the same problem more than a year ago -- right after getting my Tour. I ended up taking it into the Sprint store and having them format it back to factory settings. It's been fine until just lately, and now I'm also experiencing the "spinning clock of death" frequently and I only have 68MB of app storage left.

Like you I have barely any apps!

I also have Poynt, and rather than a Twitter app, I have Facebook. I do have the Docs to Go apps installed. Google Maps. I think that's it. Oh, I have something called Chalk Pushcast Player. It's a RIM app.

When I add them all up, even with the required system files it should only be about 85MB worth, so I should have at least 150MB app storage free.

This is so annoying. I'm tired of my phone being so unresponsive, and it certainly seems related.
    08-06-11 09:47 PM
    Lol, of all odd things that helped me a tiny bit, (only 1mb or 2) but every little bit counts was that I have a program on my regular computer that is a file shredder/empty space wiper... It seemed to help a tiny bit
    08-09-11 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD