It actually was forced to fit the screens resolution lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 03:48 PM
    It actually was forced to fit the screens resolution lol

any way to fix it?
    08-23-09 04:00 PM
    As good as the iPhone? Uhhhh....no. I owned both, the iPhone is MUCH better. So much so that I returned my Tour (loose battery door amoung other issues). I am debating on going back to the Tour, but the video difference is just toooooo much.
    08-23-09 05:58 PM
    Is there a simple place to find the Free apps that are worth a crap ?
    08-23-09 06:04 PM
    As good as the iPhone? Uhhhh....no. I owned both, the iPhone is MUCH better. So much so that I returned my Tour (loose battery door amoung other issues). I am debating on going back to the Tour, but the video difference is just toooooo much.
    If you would return a BB because it doesn't stream video that well, maybe you should go back to the iPhone.

I had the Pre and it streamed video in perfect quality, much better than the iPhone, and I'm OK with the BB quality. It's not great, but it doesn't lag and it's watchable. I just don't see why watching youtube videos is that important.
    08-23-09 06:35 PM
    If you would return a BB because it doesn't stream video that well, maybe you should go back to the iPhone.

I had the Pre and it streamed video in perfect quality, much better than the iPhone, and I'm OK with the BB quality. It's not great, but it doesn't lag and it's watchable. I just don't see why watching youtube videos is that important.
    Exactly my dilema! I returned the Tour because I needed more time to try out the iPhone and I realize that all the 'cool' things the iPhone 3GS does, I don't really need. I rarely watch videos and when I do, they're usually lame.

So maybe I should stick with Verizon (had them for 9 years).
    08-23-09 06:51 PM
    I wouldn't return my phone because the Youtube video quality sucks, but I am disappointed that it sucks. Why is it so terrible? Is it a Verizon thing? RIM thing? Youtube thing? My friend's iPhone's picture quality was very good so I know it's possible.

I made a video and put it on my last phone the LG Voyager and the PQ was awesome, I put the same file on my Tour and it's a little blocky like it's compressed too much. Is this related to the Youtube quality issue? Does this mean it's hardware?
    08-23-09 07:03 PM
    According to VZW tech support it is a you tube issue. He claims that he can convert a video to his Tour and it looks perfect.
    08-23-09 07:07 PM
    According to VZW tech support it is a you tube issue. He claims that he can convert a video to his Tour and it looks perfect.
    lol thats a bs answer
    08-23-09 10:04 PM
    its definitely a youtube issue and how it recognizes the device. i've downloaded youtube videos, in their highest quality, on my tour using keepitvid.com and playback is perfect.
    08-24-09 01:23 AM
    The blackberry is capable of playing video from the device in excellent quality.

The quality has something to do with the streaming from youtube to the BB, and it isn't carrier specific.

Keep in mind that streaming high quality video is no small feat, and I think if we're patient, the BB will be doing this on par with the other "fun" devices.
    08-24-09 01:33 AM
    The blackberry is capable of playing video from the device in excellent quality.

The quality has something to do with the streaming from youtube to the BB, and it isn't carrier specific.

Keep in mind that streaming high quality video is no small feat, and I think if we're patient, the BB will be doing this on par with the other "fun" devices.
    lets hope so
    08-24-09 02:27 AM

Well, it can't get any worse. However, I've been so excited with my Tour that I don't even think of using my past phone, the Voyager, as I recall, it was terrible as well with Youtube. Maybe it IS a Verizon thing.
    08-24-09 09:23 AM
    Well, it can't get any worse. However, I've been so excited with my Tour that I don't even think of using my past phone, the Voyager, as I recall, it was terrible as well with Youtube. Maybe it IS a Verizon thing.
    nah i had an omnia with verizon and videos were perfect
    08-24-09 12:03 PM
    It's not youtube or the carrier, it's Blackberry. Like I said though, I can't imagine RIM isn't working on improving their video streaming capabilities.
    08-24-09 12:11 PM
    I use Vuclip web video search. There you can either view as a live stream or d/l to your sd card.
    08-24-09 12:31 PM
    It's not youtube or the carrier, it's Blackberry. Like I said though, I can't imagine RIM isn't working on improving their video streaming capabilities.
    how come videos look perfect on the storm
    08-24-09 04:40 PM
    I believe the issue is actually with Youtube. Apparently, it automatically detects your phone and choose the appropriate stream quality. There's no way to manually select a higher quality video. Phones that are obviously "video" capable like the Iphone get the higher feed. I had a Samsung Omnia and it's videos were horrible, but a poster here suggests they are perfect now. Storm now probably gets the better feed but IIRC videos on the Storm originally were lower quality. I seem to recall the same complaints a few months ago when I was looking at the Storm.

Hopefully the Tour will be added to the "hi" list also.
    08-25-09 01:44 PM
    Updated Xenozu v1.0.13 was released today on App World. I've dl'ed but haven't tried it out yet.

Download was a little wonky (just like the Pageonce Personal Assistant one a couple weeks ago). I had to archive and then re-install.

08-25-09 02:18 PM
    I believe the issue is actually with Youtube. Apparently, it automatically detects your phone and choose the appropriate stream quality. There's no way to manually select a higher quality video. Phones that are obviously "video" capable like the Iphone get the higher feed. I had a Samsung Omnia and it's videos were horrible, but a poster here suggests they are perfect now. Storm now probably gets the better feed but IIRC videos on the Storm originally were lower quality. I seem to recall the same complaints a few months ago when I was looking at the Storm.

this is interesting. If this is the case, wouldn't some savvy developer have figured out a way to trick youtube by now?
    08-25-09 02:24 PM

Is the phone number on Youtube's site the only way to contact them? I couldn't find an e-mail address. I'd love to try and ask them about this.

tscharf, I was thinking the same thing.
    08-25-09 11:27 PM
    Updated Xenozu v1.0.13 was released today on App World. I've dl'ed but haven't tried it out yet.

Download was a little wonky (just like the Pageonce Personal Assistant one a couple weeks ago). I had to archive and then re-install.

Just downloaded the update. quality is GREATLY improved, but all the controls still dnt wrk
    08-26-09 03:01 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD