I've got BeWeather. Love it. Unfortunately, I can't use it. I installed a new OS on my 9930 and now I've exceeded the number of device transfers allowed by Bellshare. I've only had two devices since I bought it, but I guess each new OS install is a new device as far as they are concerned.

I submitted a ticket with them early last week to get a new license code since the automated system won't give me a new code. I've had no response.

I'm ready to move on. I paid $13.98 for BeWeather ($9.99 plus the $3.99 upgrade) and I can't use it. I'm not bitter. I'm just ready to leave my negative review for BeWeather's lack of support and find something new that will work for me.

So, what's the second best weather app? I need a good radar picture, zero ads, and severe weather alerts, at a minimum.
    08-16-12 08:45 AM
    I had the free Beweather and now I'm on Accuweather free version. It looks pretty nice, unsure about the severe weather alerts as I only need it for the temp where I am.
    08-16-12 09:17 AM
    Something is wrong then. I have transferred so many devices, and still have my same copy of BeWeather. Did you try entering the activation code that you already have onto your device? If the PIN is the same, there should be no issue, as it is PIN specific. I would try that, and then contact them again.
    08-16-12 09:57 AM
    Yeah, I have to agree with Heavy Fluid, I've had BeWeather (BerryWeather) since 2009 (8330), and have switch devices and OS's and never heard of this EXCEED. I also know trying to contact Bellshare is like asking for a arm and a leg.....keep trying, maybe PM Pflunger (something like that, search BeWeather)
    wolfee48 likes this.
    08-16-12 10:03 AM
    Yeah, I have to agree with Heavy Fluid, I've had BeWeather (BerryWeather) since 2009 (8330), and have switch devices and OS's and never heard of this EXCEED. I also know trying to contact Bellshare is like asking for a arm and a leg.....keep trying, maybe PM Pflunger (something like that, search BeWeather)
    I've had mine since 2009 also--with my 9550--and have not had any trouble until now. Since this started, I've seen lots of comments on Bellshare's own site about how terrible Bellshare's support is. For a $10 app, the support should be at least good, if not great.

I've tried PM'ing Pflunger. We'll see if that helps. I'd love to have BeWeather back.
    08-16-12 10:35 AM
    Did you try entering the activation code like I mentioned above?
    08-16-12 11:33 AM
    I installed a new OS on my 9930 and now I've exceeded the number of device transfers allowed by Bellshare. I've only had two devices since I bought it, but I guess each new OS install is a new device as far as they are concerned.
    Nope... a new OS on the same device does NOT count as a new device. If it did, I would have transferred BeWeather 100,s of times!
    Just use your existing activation code.
    08-16-12 12:46 PM
    Did you try entering the activation code like I mentioned above?
    Sorry, I thought that was clear from the first post. Yes, that's the first thing I tried. It has always worked before. This is the message I get:

Code:
    The license has been activated on a different device/ROM.  Please use the device transfer tool at www.bellshare.com/activationsupport to transfer your code to this device/ROM.
    When I do that, I get this message:

Code:
    No purchases could be found using the supplied e-mail address and PIN or maximum number of allowed device transfers has been exceeded. Please contact customerservice@bellshare.com for further assistance.
    So, I e-mail customer service and I wait. And I'm still waiting. I purchased through AppWorld, so I know the e-mail address is correct. I swear it has made me go through the device transfer each time I installed a new OS. This is the only app that makes me do that, and I must have reached some kind of limit.
    08-16-12 01:21 PM
    Nope... a new OS on the same device does NOT count as a new device. If it did, I would have transferred BeWeather 100,s of times!
    Just use your existing activation code.
    It shouldn't count, and maybe there some kind of other problem, but it's not working for me.

All that is beside the point, however. I've waited 10 days so far and have not heard back from Bellshare at all. Just an automated reply on 8/7 assuring me they would be in touch shortly. Since then, I have heard nothing.
    08-16-12 01:27 PM
    Well #*!%

I changed the transport on the activation to direct TCP/IP and it worked. Must have been some kind of communication error going on, and rather than tell me that, it pretended my code was invalid. I've been chasing the wrong problem for over a week. Now if only Bellshare had contacted me to try troubleshooting it.

I might still ditch BeWeather, just out of spite at this point.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions everyone. Turns out the problem was not what it appeared to be.
    08-16-12 01:36 PM
    EDIT: Glad you got it working
    Heavy Fluid likes this.
    08-16-12 01:43 PM
    Glad to hear you're up and running again with BeWeather. Customer service should be better than it is.....I sometimes wonder what's going on with Bellshare.
    08-16-12 02:02 PM
    i had a problem with BeWeather when i upgraded (didn't set it to backup on the media card) and it wouldn't take my license code. My experience was great with customer service. they responded within a few hours and we got it running.

Glad you are up and running. maybe the help desk didn't receive your email.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    08-16-12 02:16 PM
    It is so weird and odd to see many users with BeWeather/BellShare issues. I’ve been using BeWeather for the past 2-3-4 years (back in my 8330 days). I have never encountered an issue between switching devices or OS upgrades. Keep an application back-up updated and save the email that you receive when you need the retrieval code.

Regardless… I’m glad the OP resolved it. Sometimes it is the small things that make it seem like a bigger problem.
    08-16-12 02:23 PM
    i had a problem with BeWeather when i upgraded (didn't set it to backup on the media card) and it wouldn't take my license code. My experience was great with customer service. they responded within a few hours and we got it running.

Glad you are up and running. maybe the help desk didn't receive your email.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Interesting. Between BeBuzz and BeWeather its well publicized about the lack of customer support. You must be one in a million. I've tried contacting Bellshare on several occasions for both apps just like alot of customers and never heard back from them even til this day. Glad you've had success
    08-16-12 02:24 PM
    AccuWeather.

Unfortunately BeWeather data isn't accurate for me in Oz.
    08-16-12 04:59 PM
    You may want to look at Weather Bug for BlackBerry. I use it as a backup to BeWeather when there are network issues. The radar is excellent, too.
    08-16-12 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD