07-28-09 03:55 PM
48 12
tools
    I'm curious to see what the most popular free apps are....

Please share
    05-30-09 05:12 PM
    Viigo

05-30-09 05:34 PM
    The main apps I use are viigo, iheartradio, and facebook

Please share
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 05:37 PM
    Cb launcher, slacker radio, Bolt browser, and google maps
    05-30-09 05:39 PM
    Slacker radio, Pandora, Freerange, google maps, bbtetris, weathereye, didiom.

05-30-09 05:46 PM
    in no specific order...

weathereye, bolt browser, facebook, myspace, google maps, espn launcher, slacker radio, epocrates (prescription drug program i use, great for health professionals), vision for youtube, viigo
    05-30-09 07:02 PM
    in no specific order...

weathereye, bolt browser, facebook, myspace, google maps, espn launcher, slacker radio, epocrates (prescription drug program i use, great for health professionals), vision for youtube, viigo
    ubertwitter
    slacker
    google mobile
    pandora
    quickpull
    callblocker
    capture it
    cointoss
    blackberry app world
    operamini
    viigo
    plusmo....

i use all kinds, those are the most used outside of shortcuts like:
    crackberry mobile
    mlb
    moodio
    ebay
    etc, just to name a few
    05-30-09 10:18 PM
    ubertwitter
    buzz me
    viigo
    youmail
    pandora
    gps tracker
    begps one
    google maps
    weather eye
    facebook
    05-30-09 10:24 PM
    Opera Mini, Facebook, GoogleMaps, You mail, Weather Eye, fmylife... Thats all I regularly use.
    05-31-09 02:28 AM
    Opera Mini, Facebook, GoogleMaps, You mail, Weather Eye, fmylife... Thats all I regularly use.
    One thing I found is that you can use viigo to pull feeds from FMYLIFE and then you dont need the app unless you like making comments or voting.

My List is Viigo,Facebook,Myspace,GoogleMaps,Live Search Mobile,IHeartRadio,BBTetris,BBWeatherAlpha,Quickpu ll
    Last edited by theanswer3; 05-31-09 at 10:52 AM.
    05-31-09 10:49 AM
    CB Launcher
    SocialScope
    SkyFire
    BerryWeather
    05-31-09 11:03 AM
    i would have to say BBM, Pandora, and yahoo IM
    05-31-09 11:11 AM
    Shortcutme
    Profile Scheduler
    BerryBuzz
    Viigo

I don't have 10 top. These 4 are the ones that matter to me most. The 1st 2 being most important (not a #1 then #2 spot, but both the same)
    05-31-09 11:12 AM
    Slacker radio, Pandora, Freerange, google maps, bbtetris, weathereye, didiom.

u got a link for the free bbtetris?
    05-31-09 11:13 AM
    CB Launcher
    SocialScope
    SkyFire
    BerryWeather
    are you on the SkyFire 'alpha' squad?

"Luuh-keeey!" (quote taken from Napoleon Dynamite)

all i can say is, "I WANT IN"
    05-31-09 01:42 PM
    in no specific order...

Please pardon this highjacking… It is only out of medical necessity that I do so…

Just a few brief questions about Epocrates RX, and I’ll be out of your way.. Please.

I was looking for an app like this for a while. Due to your post Gizmo, I was able to search and find their website, and just a few additional reviews of this product. The problem is, the reviews talk about what you can do (which I like), but they do not state the normal things that are customarily in every other review such as how it FUNCTIONS with the BlackBerry.

I see that this program weighs in at a whopping 9.9MB (+20kb per each additional addon), although 1.7MB can go onto the SDCard. I already have a TON of apps and hover around only 80MB with a little bit of hourglassing on back round WiFi use (while running other programs), and upon locking & unlocking the screen. For the medical necessity, I am willing to get rid of some unnecessary apps, but it would never come out to equal that amount.

1) Does it play well on opening & closing? Is it slow due to the amount of directories it must search, and the graphic intensiveness? Does it freeze at all? How intensive are the updates? Will it kill my battery?
    2) How does it look on the 8900 screen? It has been my experience that with information packed apps like this, they try to put so much on the screen that the text is too small to actually read. Is this a crisp clear easy read? The best shots I have seen area for the Storm, and it obviously has a much bigger display.
    3) Would you recommend upgrading to the new pro version ($60/year)? Are the additional features worth it?
    4) What part of the program gets downloaded to the SDCard, as opposed to what goes to the device memory?

I am not a physician, and it would be for personal use. I have not downloaded it yet because I don’t know how it will affect my BB, but I could definitely utilize a program like this. I have looked at SkyScape and others, but they want so much money for the addons that I think I would like.

Thanks in advance if you see this.
    05-31-09 04:07 PM
    whats the link to espn launcher and can u watch videos from that or? anybody know of a free app that changes led of the blackberry ?
    05-31-09 04:15 PM
    1) UberTwitter
    2) The Hockey News
    3) Poynt
    4) WeatherEye
    5) Facebook
    6) FlyCast
    7) BerryTorch
    8) Google Maps
    9) Windows Live Messenger
    10) Trapster

I really wish XBerry was free (without having to donate, I just really don't trust it)
    The way Microsoft is set-up, I figure it's only a matter of time before they shut that program down completely. They don't like apps that earn money for outside developers using their system. I wish there was another Xbox Live app that is as good as that one
    05-31-09 10:02 PM
    whats the link to espn launcher and can u watch videos from that or? anybody know of a free app that changes led of the blackberry ?
    from your berry go to:

ESPN BlackBerry® Launcher
    05-31-09 11:37 PM
    1) Does it play well on opening & closing? Is it slow due to the amount of directories it must search, and the graphic intensiveness? Does it freeze at all? How intensive are the updates? Will it kill my battery?
    2) How does it look on the 8900 screen? It has been my experience that with information packed apps like this, they try to put so much on the screen that the text is too small to actually read. Is this a crisp clear easy read? The best shots I have seen area for the Storm, and it obviously has a much bigger display.
    3) Would you recommend upgrading to the new pro version ($60/year)? Are the additional features worth it?
    4) What part of the program gets downloaded to the SDCard, as opposed to what goes to the device memory?
    1. Yes. No. No. Not bad, but pretty frequent do to the ever changing drug market. No, it closes like any other app.
    2.It looks great, it's well thought out and much better than the WM6 version and right on par with the iphone version.
    3. I'm currently using the base edition, and must say if you're looking for a comprehensive (paid) drug index you're better off going for CP on hand. Although epocrates won in the ease of use category.
    4. Not sure, as the install is automatic and without any specific options.
    06-01-09 01:00 AM
    1) Facebook
    2) Yahoo Messenger
    3) Viigo
    4) Mobi Pocket Reader
    5) Mini Monitor
    6) Weather Eye
    06-01-09 05:01 AM
    1. Yes. No. No. Not bad, but pretty frequent do to the ever changing drug market. No, it closes like any other app.
    2.It looks great, it's well thought out and much better than the WM6 version and right on par with the iphone version.
    3. I'm currently using the base edition, and must say if you're looking for a comprehensive (paid) drug index you're better off going for CP on hand. Although epocrates won in the ease of use category.
    4. Not sure, as the install is automatic and without any specific options.
    MREIK.

Thanks for the response! Great review! Obviously to someone who installs such a large medical program to their BlackBerry (for personal or professional use) can understand the great importance of such information. Thanks again.

Due to your response/review I have installed it to my 8900. You are correct when you say it runs well, and I agree with your assessment…
    1) Opens & closes well, it is not slow, doesn’t freeze, and updates aren’t as bad as I thought. FYI-the program does not close out if you set automatic updates, and it runs in the backround. If automatic updates are disabled you can manually update & close out the program.
    2) It has easy to read fonts & graphics! I don’t have the experience that you have with the “other” phones/OS you mention but on the BlackBerry, it is great.
    3) I have the base edition for now while I check it out. When I registered, it stated that I can upgrade at anytime. So far I likey-likey.
    4) Just like you stated, it is all automatic. No additional headaches! FYI-When I downloaded I noticed a brief screen stating that the “tables” were being installed on the SDCard. Funny thing though… The version in the Epocrates Options-> About menu states ver. 8.10, but the version in the phone application list states ver. 1.154.0. Weird.
    Thanks again,

Oh and back to the original thread…

I use mostly paid apps, but here are the top 10 free ones that I have and use most often...
    Google Mobile App
    Poynt
    UberTwitter
    Slacker
    BBWeather
    AmazeGPS
    CaptureIt
    BlockBerry
    PacMan
    Epocrates
    06-01-09 11:18 AM
    I have more than 10 apps on my BB but use them all the same.
    CrackBerry.com
    Opera Mini
    Forbes.com
    Viigo
    Facebook
    Bolt
    Iheartradio
    Pandora
    BBTran
    BB App World
    Poynt
    Fox News Mobile
    ESPN
    Quickpull

And always looking for more. Don't tell me about CNN or MSNBC. Don't like them at all. I like Fox.

06-01-09 11:57 AM
    iheartradio
    facebook
    myspace
    twitterberry
    opera mini
    06-01-09 12:21 PM
    google mobile
    amAze gps
    Pandora
    Extra Light (surprising how often its used)
    Facebook
    Superpages Mobile (people search)
    Where
    Wikipedia bookmark
    06-01-09 12:43 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD