I can't get Opera mini 5 to work on my 8530. I thought it was just me at first, but then I realized that it happened after the update. I went to the Verizon store to see the tech support guys and they couldn't figure it out. So I downloaded it onto the storm 2 and bold at the store and I got the same results. WTF I need my Opera back, and bolt sucks so don't tell me to try bolt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-10 12:19 PM
    Since it is a verison phone, it is not a true BB operating system, but a modified phone. This might be creating conflicts with OM happening with the new update

07-23-10 03:32 PM
    What exactly is it doing?
    07-23-10 03:40 PM
    Every since the update to .734 for the 8530, I've noticed that my Opera 5 has been acting very buggy. Even the beta version wasn't acting as bad as it's acting now.
    07-23-10 04:01 PM
    What exactly is it doing?
    The track pad scrolling is supper sensitive. It is impossible to hit links.

07-23-10 09:04 PM
    Every since the update to .734 for the 8530, I've noticed that my Opera 5 has been acting very buggy. Even the beta version wasn't acting as bad as it's acting now.

Yes. Before the .734 update opera mini 5 was working just fine. I think that I am the only one that is getting really mad about this. How could I send a message to Adam? He has a 8530 right? Maybe he can try it o. His phone and find some answers.

07-23-10 09:10 PM
    Since it is a verison phone, it is not a true BB operating system, but a modified phone. This might be creating conflicts with OM happening with the new update

The fact that it's a Verizon phone makes no difference. The smartphones don't get the Verizon interface treatment that some of the other phones they have get. It gets a RIM released update that will function exactly the same on a Verizon BB as it would on an ATT, T-mo, or Sprint BB.

To the OP, I think there are known issues with Opera Mini and certain builds of OS 5. I think it is something that Opera will have to release an update for. Or you can downgrade your OS until you find one that works with Opera.
    07-23-10 09:58 PM
    This make me wonder if Opera is purposefully neglecting the lower end BB phones, b/c it seems to work phones on other phones from the friends I have been talking to that have BBs. Maybe they are getting ready for OS 6. Maybe this means that OS 6 is coming very very soon.

07-23-10 11:48 PM
    No.. This is a common issue with Bold 9000 + 9700 running various OS5 builds+hybrids. I can say from experience

07-24-10 02:12 AM
    I had recently updated my 8530 to the .654 update and I am having the same scrolling issue as the OP.

Before the update I was using opera almost exclusively and I find this very upsetting. I am considering downgrading to my previous OS to correct this issue.
    07-26-10 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD