08-04-09 08:10 AM
47 12
tools
    I wish WeatherUnderground would make an app for the BB. They have an Ipod one i think (might be nothing less than a link...) but damn it, theyre radar and such is great, and i dont mind viewing the page in the browser, but i want an icon!
    (i.wund.com for their ipod mobile page, wund.com for the std mobile page)
    07-24-09 12:59 PM
    I like Weathereye....it's a great app, that is free and meets your requirements...
    07-24-09 01:35 PM
    Nice find, and I use that app, but it only gives you high and low in your calender, not the forecast.
    07-24-09 01:41 PM
    Anyone else use the push weather service from accuweather.com? It's free. Doesn't have the temp on the actual icon, but the graphic displays conditions (sun, cloud, lightning bolt, etc) and when you hover on the icon, everything shows up at the bottom of the home screen including:

Temp (Hi and Lo)
    Forecast (i.e. partly cloudy with chance of thunder
    showers)

I like it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Good info. Thanks. Do you have to specify your location (eg: home?) or will it pick up on the GPS location?
    07-24-09 02:20 PM
    I have to give a +1 to berryweather. Loving the custom radars.
    07-24-09 02:35 PM
    Thanks guys, I ended up downloading the 3 day trial of berryweather, looks pretty cool.
    07-24-09 06:54 PM
    I just downloaded the free trial of BerryWeather as well and I'm liking it so far. I'll probably end up buying it.
    07-24-09 06:56 PM
    I'll give a nod to NWS Client. It's free and has done well for me on my Curve and Storm. Works fine on the Tour but the icon is very small animation compared to the Curve's.

07-24-09 07:00 PM
    My BerryWeather is around 10deg off, which is inexcusable. I sent feedback. Anyone having this issue as well. Maybe my settings are tarded.
    07-30-09 07:40 PM
    BBweather it is free and the icon looks professional on my HTC hybrid theme

where'd you get an HTC hybrid theme? for the tour??
    07-30-09 08:08 PM
    My BerryWeather is around 10deg off, which is inexcusable. I sent feedback. Anyone having this issue as well. Maybe my settings are tarded.
    same here im trying the 3 day trial and it is off 10 deg from wetherbug
    08-01-09 06:08 PM
    Deleted weatherbug thanks for the info
    08-02-09 10:11 PM
    I've tried multiple free weather apps but I am most satisfied with blackberry weather.. the new .84 alpha/beta release is low on memory and simple, while complex enough to display hourly & weekly forecasts, current conditions & temp (on the icon as well as in the app), and a handful of other weather information such as current radar images. The main downside of this is probably its lack of GPS updating. However, as a college student it's easy to have my 4 main cities saved.
    08-02-09 10:17 PM
    weathereye is great...thats what i use
    08-02-09 10:50 PM
    berryweather and it's worth it
    08-03-09 03:39 AM
    Weatherbug elite here! Works great and very low on memory. You dont have to have it run in the background like berryweather to get home screen updates. It has a temp guage right in the header area of your bb with real time alerts pushed to your phone as they happen.
    08-03-09 08:17 AM
    bbweather... free and does the job !
    08-03-09 08:20 AM
    I'll give a nod to NWS Client. It's free and has done well for me on my Curve and Storm. Works fine on the Tour but the icon is very small animation compared to the Curve's.

I just tried downloading this app on my Bold...it says the file is NOT compatible with my bold
    08-04-09 02:31 AM
    NWSclient, huh? Gonna have to check that one out. I do like weatherbug for its alerts and accurate temps, but I do wish it would display the # in the icon like it did with my Storm. Maybe ill cave for WB Elite.
    08-04-09 06:28 AM
    No radar...what good is a weather app without radar? The AccuWeather link puts an icon on your BB home screen that is animated with current conditions and it's VERY fast in pulling up the page with forecasts and a nicely displayed radar. And...it's free!
    08-04-09 06:42 AM
    I Have had weatherbug and really HATE the layout of it. Going to try BBWeather. I really dont think/want to pay $9 for a weather program. Rather spend that on other software.
    08-04-09 08:01 AM
    I had too many issues with BerryWeather so until they weave out the bugs I go to Accuweather.com or use my google sync which put the weather on my calendar.

08-04-09 08:10 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD