Quick question, what weather app displays the temp right on the icon without having to open it up?
    07-24-09 03:26 AM
    Weatherbug
    Simpleweater
    And berryweather if I'm not mistaken

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 03:28 AM
    Weathereye as well

07-24-09 03:39 AM
    berryweather (BeWeather) does the job for me, great app too
    07-24-09 03:51 AM
    +1 for berryweather
    07-24-09 03:53 AM
    +2 for berryweather, weathereye is free but it wont update the icon on the main front screen properly
    07-24-09 04:07 AM
    BBweather it is free and the icon looks professional on my HTC hybrid theme

07-24-09 04:53 AM
    Weathereye will do it, but you gotta scroll over the icon to see it.
    07-24-09 05:46 AM
    berryweather (BeWeather) does the job for me, great app too
    It's almost $9.95 (I think that's correct).
    07-24-09 06:22 AM
    +1 Berry Weather. Its worth the $9 bucks or whatever it was. DO NOT use weather bug. That one causes memory leak. Its well known as full of spyware for their computer version as well.
    07-24-09 07:10 AM
    +1 for Berryweather. Best weather app for the BB.

07-24-09 07:36 AM
    Anyone else use the push weather service from accuweather.com? It's free. Doesn't have the temp on the actual icon, but the graphic displays conditions (sun, cloud, lightning bolt, etc) and when you hover on the icon, everything shows up at the bottom of the home screen including:

Temp (Hi and Lo)
    Forecast (i.e. partly cloudy with chance of thunder
    showers)

I like it.

07-24-09 09:04 AM
    For you Berryweather users, I've seen a lot of confusing direction on the web regarding whether Berryweather is compatible with the 9630. Anyone have any problems with your installations? Thanks
    07-24-09 09:18 AM
    +1 Berry Weather. Its worth the $9 bucks or whatever it was. DO NOT use weather bug. That one causes memory leak. Its well known as full of spyware for their computer version as well.
    I've been using Weather Bug for a week now and haven't had any problems. In fact, I was going to recommend it.

It has an icon that displays the weather (sun, clouds, rain, etc.), and if you roll over it, it shows the current temp as well as the high/low for the day. It also gives you a 7 day forecast, live camera feed, map, and weather advisory alerts.

And best of all, its FREE!
    07-24-09 09:21 AM
    Quick question, what weather app displays the temp right on the icon without having to open it up?

Ive been using Accuweather. Worked great on my Storm, switched to the Tour on Monday and it works well. Takes up to 24 hours to actually activate, then shows up in your download file. Just move it to your desktop and you are solid
    07-24-09 09:24 AM
    My favorite weather app is NWSclient. It's a free app that uses NOAA as its weather source. It's not super flashy but it does everything I want a weather app to do.

- Shows current temperature on icon
    - when rolling over the icon it shows conditions
    - icon auto updates every hour
    - detailed current conditions within app
    - 7 day forcast
    - link to NOAA radar

render fast � NWSClient
    07-24-09 09:25 AM
    i used to have WeatherBug on my Curve and it was nice.

Have BerryWeather 1.5 on my Tour now and i LOVE it! Much better than WB!
    07-24-09 09:30 AM
    Weatherbug is best for me and my storm. Also tried "accuweather.com" channel - its much lighter in features but good on low memory usage.
    07-24-09 09:50 AM
    Cr
    i used to have WeatherBug on my Curve and it was nice.

Have BerryWeather 1.5 on my Tour now and i LOVE it! Much better than WB!
    Chrisy - I followed you link to purchase BerryWeather and Crackberry says that is not compatible with the Tour...
    07-24-09 10:09 AM
    Beweather seems to work perfectly on my tour. Bb app store is where I found it. Not free though.

07-24-09 10:12 AM
    Cr

Chrisy - I followed you link to purchase BerryWeather and Crackberry says that is not compatible with the Tour...
    You are right. i just followed the link too and got the same. i have it up and runnning on my Tour. i got it from the app store though. i'll check into that and post back!
    07-24-09 10:15 AM
    Developers have to update the device list .. so it's not on our end. If you want to buy it, I'd do it as Curve 8900 and you should be fine. I have BW up and running on my Tour as well without a hitch.
    07-24-09 10:20 AM
    Berrryweather is the same as BEweather?
    07-24-09 10:48 AM
    I've used Weathereye, which seems to have poor forecasts for America. I've also used Weatherbug, which seems to have poor influence on my battery life. I have since removed it, and refer back to the Weather Channel home screen bookmark for now. Anyone else experience bad battery life with Weatherbug?
    07-24-09 11:04 AM
    AccuWeather shows different icons, depending on the conditions, and rolling over the icon displays the temp and other info. I find it much better than any of the actual apps (AW is just a link that puts an icon on your homescreen.
    07-24-09 11:16 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD