....and where to get it.

02-16-09 08:50 AM
    weather network i believe...looks very similar to mine...works great
    02-16-09 09:03 AM
    thats what im using my mine looks like this

that first one is from a bold though and i'm using an 8900. could that play a part on the icon?
    02-16-09 09:12 AM
    There's a possibility that weather network may look similar (haven't used it), but I'm pretty sure its accuweather. Getting alerts from them right now.

Accuweather.com or subscribe to it from viigo (great app).
    Last edited by nmira; 02-16-09 at 09:49 AM.
    02-16-09 09:15 AM
    Does not look like Weather Eye.
    02-16-09 10:45 AM
    ....and where to get it.

YWeather : YWeather

The best one IMHO
    02-16-09 11:31 AM
    The icon hurts my eye though
    02-16-09 01:22 PM
    As far as I know yweather doesn't show the temperature and conditions in the app title. Not sure if that has changed though.
    U

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by nmira; 02-16-09 at 02:02 PM.
    02-16-09 01:59 PM
    yea i like that as well so has it been confirmed that its yweather?
    02-16-09 02:02 PM
    no wait that weather network i have it on my 8900
    02-16-09 02:03 PM
    ok gonna post a pic confirming its weather network

02-16-09 02:49 PM
    ok gonna post a pic confirming its weather network

That is not YWeather (unless you changed the weather icons). The OPs image is YWeather.

@nmira: YWeather will show the most recently downloaded conditions in the title provided you do not close the application. To exit the app without "closing" just use the end call button.
    02-16-09 03:17 PM
    Okay.. sorry to be a threadjacker with my first post, but...

I just went to Weather Network and subscribed to their updates. I selected the "icon on your desktop" option and it said I should see my first update shortly. Why didn't I have to download anything? Is it really just going to magicaly appear?

Just going off what I know... I had accuWeather on my old Pearl and didn't like it much. Then tried Weather Bug but I'm not really into paying for free information, although I really liked the app overall. I picked Weather Network based on this thread, and because I think the icon fits well with the look of the rest.
    02-16-09 05:47 PM
    Yweather! That's it. Thanks
    YWeather : YWeather

T

Jjhe best one IMHO
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 06:49 PM
    Okay.. sorry to be a threadjacker with my first post, but...

I just went to Weather Network and subscribed to their updates. I selected the "icon on your desktop" option and it said I should see my first update shortly. Why didn't I have to download anything? Is it really just going to magicaly appear?
    I just subscribed to weather network this morning and wondered the same thing you are. But after like a half hour the icon was there on my phone. So far I'm very happy with it.
    02-16-09 07:00 PM
    thats what im using my mine looks like this

that first one is from a bold though and i'm using an 8900. could that play a part on the icon?
    btw, you have the wrong version of BeeJive. At the download screen, you want to say "this is not my device" and click high-resolution OS 4.6.
    02-16-09 07:16 PM
    That's where I think I'm confused. Because I didn't actually "download" anything. I just signed up using my phone and it said I would begin receiving updates shortly. Still nothing. That was about 4 hours ago?

Where did the icon display on your phone? I'm assuming mine will show in the downloads folder.

Also, did you ever physicaly go to a "download screen" or did you get the same message as me?
    02-16-09 09:09 PM
    Nevermind, it appeared on my phone as promised. I guess patience really is a virtue. lol.

Next question though, how do I get it to stop displaying in standard and metric units. Ex.. right now the scroll over text reads "54F/12C (Oklahoma City) Overcast." How do I get it to display like I've seen on other screen caps with just "54F Overcast" ?

Sorry to be a bother, thanks for the help so far!
    02-16-09 09:28 PM
    [QUOTE=

[IMG=480x360]http://i44.tinypic.com/dgtj0p.jpg[/IMG]

where u get that wallpaper from?
    02-16-09 11:48 PM
    [QUOTE=DOPEBOY718;1701546]
    http://i44.tinypic.com/dgtj0p.jpg[/IMG]

where u get that wallpaper from?
    13thWitness™

screen shot then cropped it. if you want the image just ask me, i got you.
    02-18-09 12:30 AM
    Well since this got bumped I'll add another $.02 to the story. After two days with the weather network app I'm disappointed that it only updates about 3 times a day. Ex, yesterday it spent most of the afternoon displaying 62F when I knew it was in the mid 70s. I also can't figure out how to get it to drop the metric temps and my location. I don't need the app to tell me I'm in Oklahoma City. Lol. I'm torn here, because the icon blends in so well with the rest of the phone but I'm just not even 70% pleased with the Weather Network App. I may look elsewhere.
    02-18-09 07:59 AM
    try yweather.
    works great so far. smaller file size than weather bug, about 1/5.... can set location and update intervals....
    02-24-09 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD