OK so I guess I'm way behind her but what exactly is twitter? I truly have no idea but everyone is apparently using it. If it's the new thing, is there an app (OTA) that I can get? Help CB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 05:43 PM
    Twitter is micro-blogging website where people can "follow" their friends or favorite sports team, pretty much anything they can follow as most people have a Twitter account now. It's fairly new, but it's been around for awhile. People are just now starting to use it more. There are many apps for the BlackBerry, my favorite is UberTwitter (Beta-4 Is Being Prepared for Released! | ÜberTwitter)
    08-08-09 05:49 PM
    Its a miniblog/social networking site. Your always answering one question "what are you doing". I use twitterberry beta .09. Go to Orangatame Software using your blackberry.

08-08-09 05:51 PM
    thanks guys

08-08-09 07:13 PM
    No problem! So, now I gotta ask...are you going to create a Twitter!?
    08-08-09 07:14 PM
    I know its been answered but what I tell people is its just like the Facebook or MySpace "Status Updates" part without the long picture-heavy profiles.
    08-08-09 08:44 PM
    That's a much easier way of putting it! Thanks Guzman!!
    08-08-09 08:47 PM
    lol not a problem!
    08-08-09 08:48 PM
    Now, this is the part where someone will come and say "Twitter Sucks!" However, it won't be me.
    08-08-09 08:49 PM
    TWITTER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! LOL jk I love Twitter! It is an obsession!!
    08-08-09 09:00 PM
    I was thinking of creating an account. Is there a cost or is it just like Facebook and Myspace? I heard a lot of corp america has twitter so I didn't know what the fuss was all about.

08-09-09 12:51 AM
    Yeah...I clowned on Twitter, and now I'm all in.
    08-09-09 12:55 AM
    Yeah...I clowned on Twitter, and now I'm all in.
    Me as well. Now, people use those words against me. Hey, I was young; I did not have all the facts. Sue me.

08-09-09 09:39 AM
    Twitter is ok, it is a way to tell everyone on twitter or just a specific group of people what you are doing or relay information to them that you want them to know. You can follow a person and/or group to see what is going on. If you like digg there are many digg groups you can join. You like cnn breaking news the same. To find out more about it why not join twitter or just go to Twitter to find out more about it.

Ubertwitter is a nice app for your blackberry to use or if you can get an invite you can use socialscope. I like socialscope over all but there are a few things I like that ubertwitter does.

You will find a ton of information on these forums about everything that has been talked about by using search and google is a great resource also if you can get answers here or google does not answer your questions. I doubt you will need to go the google route as there are a ton of helpful people on this board that have great minds.
    Last edited by ainvar; 08-09-09 at 10:45 AM.
    08-09-09 10:15 AM
    Me as well. Now, people use those words against me. Hey, I was young; I did not have all the facts. Sue me.

I had to eat much crow. I still try to "tweet with purpose", and avoid "Is Spam radioactive?" kinda tweets.
    08-09-09 07:45 PM
    I had to eat much crow. I still try to "tweet with purpose", and avoid "Is Spam radioactive?" kinda tweets.
    The "inner imp" is responsible for all my tweets, so I cannot be held accountable.

08-09-09 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD