I am wondering what takes up app memory.
    If I download 3 themes, each at 1Mb, does that reduce my app memory by 3Mb or just the 1Mb for the theme that is in use?

If I download a bunch of apps but they are not running, do they take up app memory or is it only the apps that are running?

What about ring-tones. Do all the ring-tones take up app memory, or only the ring-tones assigned?

What other items are in the app memory?
    07-11-09 11:04 PM
    anything you install will take space up in app memory unless its stored on the SD or 1 gig partition
    07-11-09 11:12 PM
    Weather apps take up a ton of app memory, but running apps over time take up memory. As far as I know ringtones don't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 11:16 PM
    To answer the OP's question directly....3 themes of 1mb each will take up a total of 3mb. Even though it's not in use it will still "take up space".
    07-11-09 11:19 PM
    Weather apps take up a ton of app memory, but running apps over time take up memory. As far as I know ringtones don't.

Oops, didn't see this before. If the ringtones are installed on the device memory, then it will take up space. If they're on a SD card then you're good to go.
    07-11-09 11:20 PM
    Um apps take up app memory

07-11-09 11:31 PM
    So does the OS install. Remember, 128MB TOTAL for OS/Apps.
    07-11-09 11:35 PM
    There is more to it than that... there has to be.

I haven't installed an app since my storm booted with 35mb, and now it boots at 26. I clear the logs, texts, emails, browser, etc. and it still boots at 26. That means that something is being stored in the app memory.
    07-13-09 03:23 PM
    was wondering that too thanks for the info

07-13-09 03:49 PM

I haven't installed an app since my storm booted with 35mb, and now it boots at 26. I clear the logs, texts, emails, browser, etc. and it still boots at 26. That means that something is being stored in the app memory.
    With the exception of .151, every OS I've used always drops memory between 5-10MB within minutes after boot. The OS itself, when running, takes up memory on top of what it takes to store the OS install.
    07-13-09 04:01 PM

If you look at Options/Status, Menu/Database Sizes, I'll bet you your Content Store is a large size.
    07-13-09 09:05 PM
    Good tip civic. We were viewing this screen on the "resolved memory leak" thread comparing what's "normal". Good stuff!

07-13-09 09:09 PM
    Where do you find content store?
    Is there a way to control the size if this? Can you delete it?
    07-14-09 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD