what is running in my phone application on sale at CB software should be standard on all smartphones as it's apparent that memory leaks are rampant .
    12-05-10 01:50 PM
    It is now, it's part of OS6. But if you don't have 6 thats a handy app.
    12-05-10 01:54 PM
    I have not used the app, but the functionality is built into every BlackBerry. Switch Applications, bottom of nearly every Menu, displays which Apps are active.

12-05-10 01:56 PM
    It is now, it's part of OS6. But if you don't have 6 thats a handy app.
    Well all the more reason for an upgrade then.Still undecided between the 9800 and 9780.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-10 02:12 PM
    Hold down Menu or press alt-Menu as well. App switcher will show you what's running. If you are diligent about closing apps the ones you will see are native apps running in the background that cannot be fully closed.

12-05-10 04:13 PM
    I have not used the app, but the functionality is built into every BlackBerry. Switch Applications, bottom of nearly every Menu, displays which Apps are active.
    That will only show those applications that have chosen to put an icon in the application tray. There are other applications that run on start-up that do not show there - e.g. battery, network traffic, synchronizing apps, etc. It's a bit like on a PC that alt/tab shows only some running applications that you can switch to, but in task manager you'll see loads more processes running.
    12-06-10 06:42 AM
    The running "processes" can be viewed and even "killed" by accessing the e-screen. But I'm pretty sure the op was referring to the running apps.

12-06-10 08:12 AM
    What's running has a much nicer UI than the escreen. What I like it most for, even on OS6, is the dynamic icon that shows you how many processes are running.

12-06-10 11:45 AM
    Hey SCrid, will it allow you to kill selected processes? Would be a nice option.

12-06-10 12:13 PM
    No but it let's you delete running modules - I've never tried that feature before.

12-06-10 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD