I used to use BeReader but now that google will shutdown its rss services which is another good alternative rss reader? I don't mind paying for a good one. Also, how to transfer my current feed subscriptions?

Thx
    06-30-13 02:07 PM
    I used to use BeReader but now that google will shutdown its rss services which is another good alternative rss reader? I don't mind paying for a good one. Also, how to transfer my current feed subscriptions?

Thx
    Hi and welcome to the forums!
    I use RSS Savvy. One of the CB team just did a comparison of RS readers.
    Here let me search that for you....
    The best Google Reader replacements on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    06-30-13 04:17 PM
    Do this right away -- today is your last chance! Repeat last chance! After today, you are likely completely SOL.
    Login to your Reader account > Settings > Import/Export and download your subscriptions via Google Takeout. This will give you your data. Back it up too, since you'll not likely be able to capture it again.

As to how to replace it... I've been trying different sources over the last 6 weeks or so, and have arrived at what suits me best. I need a service that I can browse online, as well as on any of my devices.

I've settled on Feedly as the service. Getting set up was easy. Feedly imported my feeds and tags directly from Google Reader. Read/Unread status cannot be transfered, but this is minor in the big picture. Honorable mention goes to Digg and CommaFeed. They're both just dandy from the desktop, but there are no BB apps available. I have my feeds in both, as backups or in case they come upith better BB apps.

I had been using both Flipboard and gNewsReader in tandem to read my GReader feeds. GReader has been updated to support Feedly, so that's my on-device reader. I'm not aware of a BBOS reader that will sync with the alternate RSS services I've listed, but some of the RSS readers do allow you to import your feeds. That's a start.

If you want to give any of these a try, DO IT TODAY before the Google Reader goes bye-bye.
    06-30-13 04:20 PM
    I'm also looking for an alternative to BeReader, so far the apps mentioned only work with BB10. Any good apps that work with BB OS 7?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-30-13 05:02 PM
    Yeah I have a 9900 guys
    06-30-13 11:06 PM
    Search for Green Feed Reader on Google. It's a newly released Feedly client for BB OS7. I'be been looking for ages and just found it. It works really well.
    11-18-14 04:23 AM
    I'm using FeedMinder from BB Apps World. I paid $1.99 and it's not bad at all. Make sure you have a good data package because it does d/l lots of pics from the sites.
    04-06-15 01:18 AM
    FeedMinder

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 01:21 AM
    Hi and welcome to the forums!
    I use RSS Savvy. One of the CB team just did a comparison of RS readers.
    Here let me search that for you....
    The best Google Reader replacements on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Completely agree RSS Savvy is excellent. Easy to use.

Z30-Z30-Z10-Q10-9900-9900-Playbook-x3
    04-06-15 01:28 AM