There are a bunch of things that show up in the Applications list that I don't recognize. Can some of you shed light on these?

-AdWhirlClient
    -bb_jsonme_20100125
    -FlurryAgent

Also, for each of the "ToGo" programs (Word, Slideshow, etc) I see a BUNCH of "Resources" listed in the applications list. Is this normal or should I only see the primary application listed?

Thanks all!
    06-21-10 09:59 AM
    AdWhirlClient is an ad client app from adwhirl.com
    06-21-10 01:28 PM
    thanks. so I would assume then that some software (probably a freebie) is using their ads.
    06-21-10 01:29 PM
    Yes, it's most likely came from the latest free version of QuickPull for OS 5.0
    06-21-10 01:32 PM
    AH! that could be it. I have it. WOuld it use bandwidth even while not running in the foreground?
    06-21-10 01:33 PM
    Any ad client would use bandwidth afaik (correct me if I'm wrong here ppl), how much I'm not sure, you can try checking using either MiniMoni (ehnert.net/MiniMoni) or S4BB.com's Network Traffic Control (still beta)
    06-21-10 01:38 PM
    no doubt it will use bandwidth when it's in the foreground and running. I am trying to hunt down a rogue app that's eating my battery, so wanted to know if it would be communicating when the app isn't in the fore
    06-21-10 01:41 PM
    Moving to 3rd Party Apps
    06-21-10 01:44 PM
    If you set QuickPull to monitor your free memory, the ad client is most probably also running in the background. If it's only battery usage, you can count Y!M, GTalk, & most other IM client (besides BBM & IM+'s Push Mode) as battery-intensive apps, since those type of apps (if running) is always connecting/checking periodically, so it would use up your battery faster than if you'd only use BBM.
    06-21-10 01:51 PM
    I don't have quickpull set to monitor and I don't use any IM's all the time (always disconnect when not in use)
    06-21-10 01:53 PM
    Ah ic, well if you would like to list all your 3rd party apps using AppListing from toysoft.ca, I can maybe help you pinpoint the problem
    06-21-10 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD