I am currently trying out different OTA backup applications on my blackberry in an effort to have another option other than the desktop manager. Anyone care to weigh in on their experiences?

I am looking at miQ, Skydeck, Aurkon, Verizon Backup Assistant(only does contacts) and maybe thinking of investing in Smrtguard. Anyone have any different or better ones?

Thanks in advance
    05-09-10 09:06 AM
    nobody? Especially looking for an option that saves older stuff in case you accidently delete and need to restore
    05-13-10 06:03 PM
    I am currently trying out "Data Backup" from S4BB, sorry I don't have a link. It has scheduled(daily,weekly,monthly) backup, and covers everything you want, I think.. It may be a beta for now, but I got it free at the S4BB website. I just upgraded so my bb doesn't have a ton to backup. Definitly worth trying along side the others your trying..Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 06:31 PM
    MIQ has been running for a while now on my 9000. Ads on the website are a small price to pay.

05-13-10 06:42 PM
    i'd really like to find an app that backs up ALL device data OTA. Then saves that backup to the memory card. i know of no app that backs up all device data.

Right now i use Desktop Manager to backup and save the backup to my memory card. Ever since my memory card had an error, i also emailed a friend my backup for safe keeping.

i wish BIS users could do an OTA backup/restore like BES users.

05-13-10 06:50 PM
    I sprang for Smrtguard. So far, so good.
    05-13-10 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD