Are there any network/IP scanning apps for the BB?

I've been using Overlook Fing on Android until I got my 9900 - really useful to find the IP addresses of everything connected to my home network and then a phone app to SSH in. On the PC I use Angry IP scanner.

I've had great difficulty finding anything for the BB - "IP scanner" or "network scanner" in BB App World just gives useless results about police radio scanners. Google searches just lie and the final app is for android or Windows even on pages titled "BlackBerry IP scanner"

On the same note are there any good wifi network scanners like there are for Android (channel analysis, signal strength, SSIDs available etc..)? I'm trying to make my new BB as functional as the old HTC Desire was.
    08-23-11 11:24 AM
    OK - so I'm going to guess after 2-3 days and quite a few views - these apps (or good ones) just don't really exist for BlackBerries. I hope when the QNX platform is refined on the next gen phones we can use Android Apps (like we hopefully can on the PB). I wouldn't have imagined that these types of apps would be that processor intensive even on the relatively underpowered (compared to similar android phones) BB platform so I'm at a loss as to why they aren't (obviously) out there.
    08-26-11 03:51 PM
    I use SmartWifi. Its good at scanning for wifi networks and automatically connecting you to available networks.
    08-27-11 09:14 AM
    Hi,

I just finished creating a TCP Port Scanner for BlackBerry smartphones. It has been approved for sale on AppWorld.

Better late than never!
    09-05-12 06:58 AM
    Hi,

I just finished creating a TCP Port Scanner for BlackBerry smartphones. It has been approved for sale on AppWorld.

Better late than never!
    I just installed this - works very nicely on my Curve 9320 - is there any way you could make it look up a range of port numbers: I.e. 1025-1200 ?
    04-04-13 10:28 AM
    Hi mhmediaonline,

I just submitted an update to AppWorld which adds the ability to specify hyphenated port ranges. Once approved you should be able to update.

Be sure to keep the total number of ports scanned at once to as low a number as possible. PortScanner for Java based BB devices kicks off the scan jobs in parallel and can system resources if you have dozens of hosts with dozens of ports to scan. PortScanner / NetScanner for BB10 based devices does not suffer from this limitation.
    04-07-13 12:50 PM
    Excellent! I'll look forward to this!
    04-08-13 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD