So since I got my storm I've been using the browser included and needless to say I dreaded it. I would lurk around the CB forums and always see comments about Opera mini and decided to try it. And all I have to say is WTF!!

Why was I subjected to such a God awful browser when there is obviously a way to make it blazing fast, i.e. Opera mini?

My question is as the title states, what makes them so different? Apparently Verizon is missing something. Granted Opera mini is not specifically compatible with the Storm but even then its still better!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 01:40 PM
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but Opera renders the page on an Opera server and basically sends you the results, it's not done on the device. Not all companies would allow that, even ones that allow the Blackberry Browser.
    05-14-09 01:45 PM
    We need firefox. Operas ok but a mobil firefox would win all

05-14-09 01:49 PM
    Having bookmarks synchronized between Opera on my home computer and Opera Mini and vice-versa and that's one really good reason why BB Browser and Bolt fail.
    I basically use BB Browser for OTA downloads and that's all.
    05-14-09 01:57 PM
    Yeah after reading a few threads I am hooked on skyfire. Can't wait for the release.

05-14-09 02:03 PM
    Yeah mobile firefox would be sick.
    05-14-09 02:14 PM
    Bolt is so much better. You don't have to magnify anything. Seems faster to

05-14-09 02:25 PM
    I find Opra Mini to be much faster that Bolt.
    05-14-09 02:39 PM
    Personally, Mini Opera>Bolt>BB Browser. I'm waiting Fennec and Skyfire to see what they can offer us. Would also be interested in the final version of Bolt. They made great improvements since their last beta and they're definitely not out of the game yet!

05-14-09 02:40 PM
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but Opera renders the page on an Opera server and basically sends you the results, it's not done on the device. Not all companies would allow that, even ones that allow the Blackberry Browser.
    You are totally right.

The first time start Opera Mini there is a little asking if Opera can connect to a specific server. This server is what makes Opera Mini so fast.
    05-14-09 02:51 PM
    I've been using opera. Tried bolt but def prefer ease + speed of opera. Patiently waiting for skyfire. Looks very promising.
    05-14-09 03:35 PM
    We need firefox. Operas ok but a mobil firefox would win all

I strongly agree.
    05-14-09 08:13 PM
    Does anyone know if Firefox mobile does the server side compression like Opera? If not, then Opera will still be way faster.
    05-14-09 09:25 PM
    I find Opra Mini to be much faster that Bolt.
    I still have yet to try Bolt, but I think I'll stick with Opera. [I love it]
    05-14-09 09:38 PM
    Opera Mini was rough to deal with. I couldn't figure out how to sync my previous bookmarks with the BB Browser, and it's incompatibility with the Storm was a big issue. It was very hard to click on basic links from the home page.
    05-14-09 09:39 PM
    Opera Mini was rough to deal with. I couldn't figure out how to sync my previous bookmarks with the BB Browser, and it's incompatibility with the Storm was a big issue. It was very hard to click on basic links from the home page.
    Yea the only real issue I have with Opera is the fact that it can be a pain clicking on links, but I'm almost sure they will come out with a storm specific one.

05-15-09 06:14 PM
    The only issue i had with Opera was the fact that I had to manually bring up and down the keyboard. Otherwise it was much faster than BB.
    05-16-09 01:56 AM
    Keyboard comes up fine for me. The main issue I have with it is that it's not secure, especially for banking.

~X

05-16-09 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD