The Storm really needs a good crossword application compatible with the .puz file format. The New York Times and several other major papers offer their puzzles in this format, so it's pretty much the standard.

I have seen one developer who claimed to be compatible with the Storm, but the interface was impossible to use.

If you take up this challenge, AcrossLite Mobile for Windows Mobile devices invented the .puz file format and is the best mobile puzzle client I've seen. That would be a good model.

They responded to an e-mail query I sent, and told me that they have no intention of developing for Blackberrys.
    02-03-09 10:40 AM
    How about a compass app
    02-03-09 10:43 AM
    Hi! I would like to see an app that uses the accelerometers to determine 0-60 times in cars. They already have stand-alone units that do this (don't ask me how they work). Another one would be a GPS program for motorcycles that allows you to pre-set a route in a mapping program, and records your speed at that point. For example, at dead-man's curve, you were going 65 mph, with a max speed of 155mph in this session. I would be great!
    Dynolicious is coming for the Storm.
    02-03-09 11:00 AM
    I would like to see an app that will not disable my phone calls when my phone is in my holster while on my side. I guess my leather case touchs the screen while its in my holster. When a call comes in, if the screen is being touched, it silents the phone for some reason. Every time I get my phone out, I have missed calls.
    02-03-09 11:50 AM
    I would love an app that would automatically split your SMS message into separate messages if you exceeded the 160 character limit of a SMS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/long-messaging-service-151198/

Hello, I made a program that does this just last Friday and finally posted it today I cannot post URLs just yet but you can find it in my signature or you can check it out in this subforum.
    02-03-09 12:55 PM
    I think the best app for the storm would be like a speech to text app. I would love to just talk and have it text for me
    02-03-09 01:10 PM
    i'd like a free version of shark modem. i can't for the life of me get the normal tethering to work on tmobile, but shark modem works. but for $50, that's pretty pricey, especially for edge speeds. if it was evdo, i'd do it in a heartbeat.
    02-03-09 01:16 PM
    Mileage log application (may already exist?)

So I can write off my mielage next year
    02-03-09 01:37 PM
    I would love to see an app that would allow quick changes to settings that affect battery life.

So if you find yourself in a situation where you are running low on battery power, you can click one button to turn off gps, turn down the backlight, decrease screen timeout, etc.

There could be various different settings for power useage, kind of like windows power management. Perhaps there is a possibility to automate the changing of settings automatically based on battery percentages. I would even pay for an app like this.
    02-04-09 01:31 PM
    I know there's a full screen caller id app, but it's SO **** UGLY, do you think you could make a nicer one? I'd totally pay for an app that gives full screen caller id with that iPhone sexy style. Here's a pic I threw together to illustrate what I mean. Basically just blowing up any photo to fill, then towards the bottom, have a semi-transparent black box with white text. That means you could use any photo and you wouldn't have to worry about not having the text readable. You'd have to make it so only the hard buttons would answer/ignore a call, but once the call is connected it could go back to the "call in progress" screen with all the soft buttons available. If you can make this I WILL BUY IT :P
    Bigger caller ID is a definite must! I've tried the other 3rd party app, its not user-friendly and it looks too cheap to pay $15 for it. If you could I would definitley pay for a fullscreen caller ID app!
    02-04-09 04:21 PM
    barcode reader like g1 just to show off tto people not really usuful
    02-04-09 07:38 PM
    Bigger caller ID is a definite must! I've tried the other 3rd party app, its not user-friendly and it looks too cheap to pay $15 for it. If you could I would definitley pay for a fullscreen caller ID app!
    +1 i completely agree
    02-04-09 07:52 PM
    Also would pay for a full screen or improved caller ID.
    02-04-09 08:09 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/long-messaging-service-151198/

Hello, I made a program that does this just last Friday and finally posted it today I cannot post URLs just yet but you can find it in my signature or you can check it out in this subforum.
    Sweet Jesus! I'm off to check it out right now! Thank you!
    02-04-09 08:32 PM
    With so many people wanting themes, my suggestion would be an app very much like e-mobile today, only with a bit more customization options than emobile today doesnt have... like:

Date/Time: Right now you can click on the date/time and switch between an analog and digital clock, but you are always stuck with that ugly orange calendar! I'd like to see a third option of just a completely text line for date and time.

More Plugins: emobile today is on the right track with weather, news and stocks, but one more plugin that displays any 4 apps as a quick launch would be great. And also the ability to rearrange the order of the plugins in any order that you want, which emobile can not do.

More color customization: in emobile today you can choose either white or black text and the divider lines are the same color as the text you choose... I'd like to see the ability to use ANY color, and have the text and divider lines set separately... so for example, I could have white text on a black background and use black divider lines so you can't see them. (or the option to not have lines at all).

And of course the ability to use your own wallpapers is a necessity!

...I wonder how hard a app like that would be to create??

I would pay a good fee for what I typed above... and I have paid it for emobile today pro, but I'd like to see those improvements very much and emobile could use some competition!

Heck, if someone could do this.... and if signing is required from RIM to access the calendar / email etc info, then I'd consider paying for it for the developer... on the assumption of course that I would get a free copy of the full working version when it was done!!
    02-04-09 09:17 PM
    Does anyone know if anyone is in the works of have the text message interface like the instant messaging on instango or like the iphone.. i feel like that would be real cool if someone developed a program or software for that
    02-04-09 09:28 PM
    1. Extend SMS texts to multiple messages or allow to exceed 160 characters.

2. Flashlight App

3. Turn screen into a scale.

4. Barcode scanner.

5. More games. A new Brickbreaker app. (the stock one sucks!)

6. Disable Voice Dialing button on the side. (always accidentally hitting it.)

7. App to reconfigure the physical buttons to different commands.

8. Guitar Tuner, Scales, Tablature writing program.

9. Call recorder.

All for free please! :]
    02-04-09 09:42 PM
    Also an app that allows me to Download YouTube videos directly to my phone from the website. The YouTube app sucks too.
    02-04-09 09:56 PM
    Text messaging so its like iphone or instango
    02-04-09 09:57 PM
    i was wondering if any app designers were considering creating an app using the accelerometer as a tool to measure a golf swing. seems like compared to some games it would be pretty easy to create a swing speed and path analysis that could show a ball flight (launch angle, accuracy, length and spin). then perhaps with some kind of special handle grip and holding case insert your bb storm like on a wii remote it would be like swinging a golf club. of course to improve on that you could make a virtual golf game by selecting your clubs and aiming and then looking at the course on your screen before the swing dont know if anyone is working on it, but lots of people probably consider paying decent money for it.
    02-04-09 09:57 PM
    I'd love a better SMS app with threaded conversations. The BlackBerry one sucks. Palm has had this for years and RIM is still stuck in the stoneages with theirs.
    02-04-09 10:32 PM
    1. Extend SMS texts to multiple messages or allow to exceed 160 characters.

2. Flashlight App

3. Turn screen into a scale.

4. Barcode scanner.

5. More games. A new Brickbreaker app. (the stock one sucks!)

6. Disable Voice Dialing button on the side. (always accidentally hitting it.)

7. App to reconfigure the physical buttons to different commands.

8. Guitar Tuner, Scales, Tablature writing program.

9. Call recorder.

All for free please! :]
    1. atlus said he had one

6. You can change what the convenience keys do, go to options/Screen/Keyboard and look for "Right (and Left) Side Convenience Key Opens:"
    02-04-09 11:25 PM
    I think a threaded SMS app would do wonders
    02-07-09 06:40 PM
    Hi guys. I've been a lurker here for a while. I'm an embedded software engineer and a recent BlackBerry convert with the Storm.

I'm looking to dive into some application development for the Storm and I'd like to get some insight into what kind of applications you'd like to see.

I'm planning to start with something relatively simple. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I would like to see a work log app. Would like to be able to input time clocked in and time clocked out and it can give me the hours I worked for that day and the whole week. Plus an option for what I did that day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 06:50 PM
    How about an app that locks out corporate IT people from viewing what content you have on your BB? Does everyone know that right now, all your private mail, files, media, etc. are viewable by corporate IT if you are on a Blackberry Enterprise Server?

One feature could also be it informs you automatically when anyone other than yourself is looking at any of your files.
    02-08-09 02:08 PM
239 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD