04-17-10 09:32 PM
239 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I really really really would like one that recognizes area codes and displays the state or even cities of incoming phone calls from people that aren't on your contact list. It helps in trying to identify who is calling you..
    I co-sign with this!
    01-27-09 01:54 PM
    I am sure that you have plenty of App ideas. But I had to throw one in just in case you were still looking. I would really love an app that allows me to record a voice note and then set a reminder timer to listen to it. I make lots of voice notes but then forget to listen to them. Just a thought. Thanks.
    Last edited by nspencerks; 01-28-09 at 07:04 AM.
    01-27-09 08:49 PM
    Me brainstorming: [Might have already occurred]

What I would like to see is some kind of cool unlock pattern or some better way to unlock rather then click the button.. Like the iPhone where it goes completely black or even something like the Android G1 Pattern thing.. I would also like to have some kind of wallpaper changer thing almost like a screensaver. And maybe something to somehow close all programs running so you don't kill the battery. I mean I have at ALL times running: Phone, Browser, Home[of course], BBM, and Messages. Someone told me It's just cause I have so many of them open. I was wondering if there was a easier way..Everytime I go to close it just comes right back. What also would be cool is those games. Hopefully sooner or later we can get a WiFi boost like G1.. Even something like the iPhone text message setup or how the letter you click magnifies to make sure it's the right one. Or something where you could edit and crop and possibly play around with the pictures you take =P. AND DEF SOMETHING THAT ALLOWS YOU TO WRITE OVER 160 CHARACTERS TO VZW USERS!!! >:O Definitely some kind of password protected stuff, as in pictures, text, videos or just random things. Another thing that would be neat is for some kind of scroll down thing if you get any SMS, MMS, Email, or something else. Like G1, It won't interrupt anything just slide down, reply, and go back to what you where doing. And also possible a Ignore with SMS button. And maybe.. if possible something like that iScale thing that I've been hearing about?

Message me if you know anything about any of those =]

Thanks for your time =]
    01-27-09 09:48 PM
    Me brainstorming: [Might have already occurred]

What I would like to see is some kind of cool unlock pattern or some better way to unlock rather then click the button.. Like the iPhone where it goes completely black or even something like the Android G1 Pattern thing.. I would also like to have some kind of wallpaper changer thing almost like a screensaver. And maybe something to somehow close all programs running so you don't kill the battery. I mean I have at ALL times running: Phone, Browser, Home[of course], BBM, and Messages. Someone told me It's just cause I have so many of them open. I was wondering if there was a easier way..Everytime I go to close it just comes right back. What also would be cool is those games. Hopefully sooner or later we can get a WiFi boost like G1.. Even something like the iPhone text message setup or how the letter you click magnifies to make sure it's the right one. Or something where you could edit and crop and possibly play around with the pictures you take =P. AND DEF SOMETHING THAT ALLOWS YOU TO WRITE OVER 160 CHARACTERS TO VZW USERS!!! >:O Definitely some kind of password protected stuff, as in pictures, text, videos or just random things. Another thing that would be neat is for some kind of scroll down thing if you get any SMS, MMS, Email, or something else. Like G1, It won't interrupt anything just slide down, reply, and go back to what you where doing. And also possible a Ignore with SMS button. And maybe.. if possible something like that iScale thing that I've been hearing about?

Message me if you know anything about any of those =]

Thanks for your time =]

the quote in bold is what im addressing.....those 5 always run no matter what on every bb
    01-27-09 09:51 PM
    Damn that kinda sucks. This chick told me she never has those running. Totally threw me off lol VZW chick ftl? lol It still makes me feel like im draining my battery
    01-27-09 10:00 PM
    image editing app for sure. Yours would be the first one.
    01-27-09 11:25 PM
    Was wanting a application for locking my sms and mms messages only. Being able to individually lock a folder rather than the whole phone would be very convienent and would keep the nosy people from trying to read my texts..
    Thanks
    01-27-09 11:44 PM
    App that would make bluetooth watch from Ericsson, Fossil run with Storm, that would be awesome...
    01-28-09 04:05 PM
    I will like an app tha will allow me to manage contacts and sales opportunities, like goldmine or act! do. It will actually be installed on your bb and you will be able to sinc to your main database on your computer. Most important, is not going to be one of those $20 per month rip offs.
    01-28-09 04:11 PM
    Great idea. To further add to this, make it, "City, ST" in the display. Not a programmer, but seems like it would be one of the more easier programs to create.
    01-28-09 04:26 PM
    I would like a app that makes your existing caller ID photos Full Screen...I know there are some out there, but they don't look very reputable, and I just want something simple.
    01-28-09 04:43 PM
    Searched this forum for a comment on Mileage Apps. I had a great mileage app on Palm Called Teal Auto. NOTHING I've found for BB compares. I'd pay $50-$60 to get a program like that for the BB.
    Storm user.
    01-28-09 08:04 PM
    How about an application like a playstation emulator / NES emulator that actually uses roms... It's great how amazing this phone is but I still prefer the iphone's amazing cool apps from their huge fanbase... its sad really
    01-28-09 08:20 PM
    I just want a screen lock that doesn't require me to input my password to unlock. I am required by IT policy to have a password, and I set the timeout for 30 minutes. But if I lock the screen and try to unlock inside that 30 minutes, I still have to put in a **** password.

It is insane to lock the phone to put in my pocket, get a text/email 1 minute later, pull the phone out and have to enter my password again to unlock it. Then, after responding to the email, locking it and putting it back in my pocket, when I get another email 20 seconds later, boom ... I have to enter the password again. Ridiculous.

I want an app (it can be similar to StormLock or TalkLock, except not limited to solely to when you are actually on a call) that lets me unlock the phone inside that 30-minute window without a password. My 8830's lock feature worked this way, but this particular aspect of the Storm is quite bothersome.
    01-28-09 10:49 PM
    A Vib and Ring app that costs less than $8 would be ideal.
    mine storm already does that????
    01-28-09 10:51 PM
    I would like to see a conversion program. There just aren't enough options in the calculator. The ability to convert more things would be really nice.
    01-29-09 12:32 AM
    I vote for an NES emulator that will play standard roms. the potential game base would be huge if we got a decent emulator.
    01-29-09 07:54 AM
    I would like an app that will display the current (correct time zone) time on the home screen. One that switches automatically based on your location.
    01-29-09 10:16 AM
    not sure if anyone has said this, but how about an app that lets you lock your sms/mms msg folder...or any other folder you dont want nosey ppl going thru
    01-30-09 04:58 PM
    i know it is stupid. i know it is a waste of time. i know it is a waste of money.

i don't care.
    01-30-09 05:15 PM
    A vibe and ring (simultaniously) application. Along with a reminder beep say about every 10 minutes till acknowledged should one not hear original call or message acoustic alarm.
    01-30-09 06:35 PM
    I would love to have flick scrolling. it would make browsing through your apps, contacts, and web pages much faster
    01-30-09 11:49 PM
    Hello,
    New member here , Great site, Good info, Glad to see the offer here for applications.. Have a few in mind but first, How about a WORKING app for the Mac user!! I use both Platforms, Pc ( xp) and Mac Os 10.4.9..

Having the ;latest Bb is fun but not being able to sync my Info < most is stored on my Mac.. Is a pain.

Also An App Like Verison's Contact back up would rock!

Just had to stop Lurking and finaly Post. Thanks to all for great info.
    01-31-09 07:17 AM
    Things I'm anxious to see with the Storm:

-VNC
    -free PDF reader
    -an update to QuickLaunch that allows you to add an entry for Media
    -Slingplayer updated for Storm use.
    -Vlingo final release
    -song ID

Know several of those are outside an individuals ability to bring, but I like keeping things out there for discussion.
    01-31-09 09:33 AM
    gps location based profile switching program! I would SO buy something like this!
    01-31-09 07:38 PM
239 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD