04-17-10 09:32 PM
239 1234 ...
tools
    An app that closes unuse apps after a set amount of time.
    01-06-09 08:55 PM
    1. An app that enables the ability to listen to media thru a non stereo bluetooth device. 2 an always on app when the phone is placed into a car cradle.
    Can I have these apps Bold flavored please? Thanx!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Last edited by TROUBLESHOOTER; 01-06-09 at 09:02 PM.
    01-06-09 08:58 PM
    please make all those silly apps for the storm from the iphone, such as the ipopcorn, ibeer and most importantly iboob.

problem with those apps though is that they are made (sorry for my lack of proper speech) C++ while the storm is built on java. if that makes any sense.

also, some kind of app or browser that is fast and supports flash would be awesome

besides those, more games that rock and dont take up a lot of memory.

that bar code app for the G1 is pretty cool, im sure many would like something like that

thank you for doing this
    01-06-09 09:23 PM
    Would love a device management utility. Something that would show apps open, memory used by each, disk usage. It should allow apps to be closed, memory cleaned, files moved/renamed/deleted. another nice feature would be the ability to assign an icon to folders we create...

Simple but very helpful. Could prevent alot of battery pulls.
    this too. very much needed
    01-06-09 09:24 PM
    lastFM so I can stream my library or scrobble anything I play on my phone.

An application for 'lemonde' so I could get French news. I've tried subscribing and getting it sent to me, but it just sends me the links blah.
    01-06-09 09:36 PM
    I created a thread a few weeks ago looking for some one to help me with this project... I want to make a dynamometer program using the accelerometers. I have most of the math done to calculate the horsepower (if I can find my notebook!)... Any interest?
    01-06-09 10:31 PM
    A program that will reveal which apps / feeds are active. A simple method to stop or end them.
    01-06-09 10:49 PM
    I would love to see true imap integration with gmail. They have thier own client and I used it on my 8830 but it does not support html and deleting mail from the client takes 3 steps (no hard "D" key to delete). The native mail client for bb is very nice but only suncs imap 1 way, from phone to desktop. Any mail read on the desktop is not synched to my storm. Fixing this weakness would be HUGE.

jayson
    01-06-09 10:54 PM
    a way to stop the memory leak :-)

but in all seriousness, a sports app where I can view the scores of other games, stats, etc. I'd love to have the major sports and then other sports so more people can enjoy it.
    01-06-09 10:58 PM
    I need a checkbook register. I don't carry my checkbook with me but I carry a check card and phone where ever I go. Need to keep track off my purchases with a digital interface on the blackberry!

01-06-09 11:31 PM
    I'd love an application that a user can assign to a side key that pulls up a 3x4 grid of blank boxes that they can select and assign to a contact with their own picture. Preferably it won't use the BB Contact pictures since they're so small, and will let a user import their own pictures (say like 75x75px) filling the screen with the 12 contacts would be perfect.

Upon clicking on the face of the desired contact it brings up a dialogue box allowing you to "Call (Home, Mobile)" and "SMS".
    Great idea!
    01-07-09 12:12 AM
    I'd like an app that lets me lock ALL the physical keys on the phone (4 bottom keys, two top keys, side keys...ALL of them). Then, upon touching (or clicking...whatever) the screen, some sort of simple interface comes up that lets me unlock ALL the keys.

A slider (like on the iphone) would be great, but some have suggested that you might unintentionally slide it (I'm not sure how with a capacitive screen, but whatever...), so I guess it might be good if the slide "reset" if you didn't complete the action.

There ya go, that's what I want....
    01-07-09 12:23 AM
    I really really really would like one that recognizes area codes and displays the state or even cities of incoming phone calls from people that aren't on your contact list. It helps in trying to identify who is calling you..
    +1 on this. i want this bad. (maybe even a db of known annoying callers)

also, i would like to see some new keyboard apps. kinda like winmo has, you can get a bunch of different replacement keyboards.

i would like one with bigger keys. and a multitouch keyboard that doesnt require click.
    01-07-09 12:35 AM
    Honestly

for me I'd like to see an APP that lets me remap the keyboard and select what characters i want to pop up when i hover over a key.

Umlauts and accented letters are nice but I'd much rather beable to choose characters I use more frequently and speed my typing my mapping (shortcutting) them where I want them to be
    01-07-09 01:28 PM
    How about a typing assist that would display the highlighted character, possibly in a small box at the upper-right screen corner? This is the character that would be "typed" when you click the screen. It's also the character that you can't (currently) see because it's under your thumb.
    01-07-09 02:16 PM
    all i request is a lightsaber app like the iphone and g1 have
    01-07-09 04:53 PM
    Kinda late to the party, but I would like to have GPS control whther the Storm rings or vibrates. I want it to ring when I'm at home but vibrate when I'm at work, for example, without me having to change it manually.
    01-07-09 05:05 PM
    There is alot of recognition (and money) to be made here.

An app that would automatically place received messages from certain people into a separate folder and delete it from the inbox, into either the saved messages folder or something else private.

And it may not be kosher but it's so that when my gf picks up my phone or is playing with it, and I get a message from some specific people, I really don't want her to be able see it.

I know I can't be the only one in this boat.
    01-07-09 06:33 PM
    talking caller id. my dads razr2 has it, when he gets a call it will say "call from Joe" and start ringing. this would be useful for when some one is using their bluetooth and wants to know who is calling before they answer.
    01-07-09 06:51 PM
    Kinda late to the party, but I would like to have GPS control whther the Storm rings or vibrates. I want it to ring when I'm at home but vibrate when I'm at work, for example, without me having to change it manually.
    nice idea i like it
    01-07-09 06:52 PM
    I would like to see a Speed Dial app. all you would have to do is click the icon and pick from like 20 speed dial names.
    01-07-09 07:24 PM
    I would like to see an application that while on a call you would be able to go into the call options and enable the phone to record the conversation...and save it to the .wav file to the memory card so if you have someone prank calling you or if you have someone threatening you, you can simply enable the recording feature... and viola proof of what was said...
    01-07-09 08:05 PM
    I would like to see a Speed Dial app. all you would have to do is click the icon and pick from like 20 speed dial names.
    PocketDay Start! Hands down...the BEST app on my storm. You can get it in the Crackberry store...best bang for the $.

01-07-09 09:28 PM
    I would love to be able to go into standby by holding down the lock or mute button. The curve does this. You shouldn't have to buy a BB case with a magnet to accomplish this.
    01-07-09 09:30 PM
    I second, third, fourth and fifth that motion. Coming from the HTC Touchflo environment this is the ONE feature that I miss dearly. Phone face isn't cutting it and neither is the other home grown app for QuickDial on here. Pocket Day the last time I loaded it was so clunky and ugly along with a ton of other overhead I don't need.

I'd love an application that a user can assign to a side key that pulls up a 3x4 grid of blank boxes that they can select and assign to a contact with their own picture. Preferably it won't use the BB Contact pictures since they're so small, and will let a user import their own pictures (say like 75x75px) filling the screen with the 12 contacts would be perfect.

Upon clicking on the face of the desired contact it brings up a dialogue box allowing you to "Call (Home, Mobile)" and "SMS".
    Last edited by cvondra; 01-07-09 at 09:41 PM.
    01-07-09 09:39 PM
239 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD