Easy? What do you mean? I find all the built in messengers (except for standard texts" really easy... I really enjoy BB messenger for its versatility!
    01-19-09 01:30 AM
    An app that allows us to actually generate a text over 160 characters? it will break it up for you and send as multiple texts.... Damned ATT users get it why cant VZW?
    01-19-09 03:55 AM
    i wouldlike to see 3 things but not sure if there simple. 1) some thing that actually works for the weather with a 5 day forecast. 2) something like showtime for the iphone, it gives you movie show times in your area and plays trails if wanted just by pushing the icon you get info. 3) some thing for horoscope, call me a loser but i like to check mine.
    01-19-09 08:10 AM
    @FIGGY1682
    To kinda help you out...

1)weather bug has minimal issues other than not showing an icon

2) There is a thread on here and on the wikidot page showing launchers for fandango if im not mistaken.

3. while referring to note # 2 you can probably request one for horoscopes too!! I understand these aren't actually programs and just links.. but i will take when i can get until march!
    01-19-09 02:31 PM
    a metronome app
    01-19-09 02:59 PM
    The app that I really miss from my WinMo days is one that allows me to Accept/Reject an incoming call, and if rejected, allows me to choose from a pre-programmed list (that I can edit) and that sends an SMS to the rejected caller a message like "In a meeting. Will call later." That way I can respond but not be rude to others in a meeting.
    01-19-09 03:19 PM
    The app that I really miss from my WinMo days is one that allows me to Accept/Reject an incoming call, and if rejected, allows me to choose from a pre-programmed list (that I can edit) and that sends an SMS to the rejected caller a message like "In a meeting. Will call later." That way I can respond but not be rude to others in a meeting.
    that would be fantastic!
    01-19-09 03:29 PM
    viigo. theres your answer. and they are working on the podcast bit.
    I used viigo on my pearl and it worked awesome but the viigo for storm is still way too buggy for me. I can't wait till they release the final version with podcast.
    01-23-09 03:29 AM
    Hi guys. I've been a lurker here for a while. I'm an embedded software engineer and a recent BlackBerry convert with the Storm.

I'm looking to dive into some application development for the Storm and I'd like to get some insight into what kind of applications you'd like to see.

I'm planning to start with something relatively simple. Any thoughts are appreciated.

.... Launchers for Opera Mini??? No one seems to be able to do this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 03:44 AM
    I will echo a few:

1) pod catcher for OTA podcasts
    2) Ability to display upcoming appointments on home screen
    3) the suggestion to display city and state of calls not in contact list based on a list of area codes . . . AWESOME for business users
    01-23-09 07:13 AM
    Im a pilot and would love to see some aviation apps. The Apple app store has tons of them u could check out and maybe write some for the storm.
    01-25-09 08:31 PM
    I know it would never happen but I think if I could use the click screen to weigh out a couple grams that would be a first!
    01-25-09 08:49 PM
    I want a dynometer app. One that uses the accelarometer plus info like weight of vehicle and other factors to determine the horse power and torque of a vehicle.
    01-26-09 01:08 AM
    I know it would never happen but I think if I could use the click screen to weigh out a couple grams that would be a first!
    You know these are my thoughts exactly but I don't think the storm has load sensors built in so it would be a challenge to figure out how to achieve this.
    01-26-09 01:10 AM
    I would LOVE an app with a small piano keyboard that plays pitches. A metronome would be a nice plus. Iphone has a great one, but who wants an iphone???
    01-26-09 05:52 PM
    How bout an app kinda like the youtube app...but that plays Hulu videos
    01-26-09 06:17 PM
    OK, I'm sorry if this sounds funny, but I would LOVE to find the BB equivalent of Have2P (or SitorSquat) that can be found in the iStore....something that tells me where the bathrooms are in my vicinity and their ratings. I take several road trips a year (sometimes w/ young children), and I would LOVE to know where to....go.
    Haha.

Thanks for hearing me out!!
    01-27-09 12:17 AM
    OK, I'm sorry if this sounds funny, but I would LOVE to find the BB equivalent of Have2P (or SitorSquat) that can be found in the iStore....something that tells me where the bathrooms are in my vicinity and their ratings. I take several road trips a year (sometimes w/ young children), and I would LOVE to know where to....go.
    Haha.

Thanks for hearing me out!!
    Ummm, you mean like this??

SitOrSquat: The place to find toilets on your BlackBerry!
    01-27-09 01:26 AM
    How about an App that frees memory without having to do a battery pull?
    01-27-09 09:44 AM
    how bout the boob app (iboob)
    01-27-09 11:03 AM
    I'd like some of the simple fun apps like a virtual lighter for concerts and what not... One where the flame would flicker with phone movement...
    01-27-09 11:10 AM
    Hi guys. I've been a lurker here for a while. I'm an embedded software engineer and a recent BlackBerry convert with the Storm.

I'm looking to dive into some application development for the Storm and I'd like to get some insight into what kind of applications you'd like to see.

I'm planning to start with something relatively simple. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Looking for a Blackberry version of MaxQData.

It's made for data aquisition based upon GPS position. Software is there for Windows Mobile, it just needs to be ported over to the Blackberry. I've talked with the developer... they don't have time to learn the programming language to do it. There is a market, and a very profitable business already in Windows Mobile. It could provide you an ongoing revenue stream if you can port this over for them and gain a % of sales off of it.

MaxQData

Thanks!
    01-27-09 11:34 AM
    how about an app that files all your sms messaage. like the palm treo does.

wife-

son-

daugther-

that way you dont have to scroll throuh everyone to get a old message and you repnoce to it it think this would be most usefull. I will even be a beta tester for it .
    01-27-09 01:07 PM
    Honestly the Storm's media player is horrible. It lacks many basic functions that it is capable of. Change song through flick, ff, rewind, add playing song to any playlist, editing tags (Genre, album, etc) on phone. Much work to be done.

Also a decent full screen phone ID.
    01-27-09 01:50 PM
    Ohh - figure out a way to tether storm to laptop and there is a huge amount of $$ to be made. I think VZ charges like $15 a month.
    01-27-09 01:52 PM
239 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD