Is there an sop where I can see the status of my battery with one click or change the UI to display a percentage rather than the bar?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 08:12 PM
    Is there an sop where I can see the status of my battery with one click or change the UI to display a percentage rather than the bar?

simple...but great idea...instead of bars for battery life, have a % indicator. i'd be in for that one.
    01-11-09 03:51 PM
    i would like to see urban spoon type app........im a iphone hater so dont say go buy an iphone.........i always like going out to eat new places so this would be great
    Agreed. Urban Spoon app is very nice for people that travel a lot and don't know where to eat, etc...
    01-11-09 07:30 PM
    would love to see the colored icons like the iphone has
    01-11-09 08:02 PM
    A simple flashlight app that uses the camera flash instead of the screen backlight.
    01-11-09 09:11 PM
    better video recorder
    app that maps the headphone output to being an input if i plug a microphone in and want to record losslessly.(extremely possible)
    better camera app
    MULTIPLAYER ONLINE GAMES especially first person shooter...
    social network apps based on the phone itself. like networks of storm users that are all connected with the app. like "stormbook" or "mystorm" or something...

oh...and to have them be free or like a buck hahaha. i feel like lots of free apps will bring attention to devs to make pay ones...
    01-11-09 09:15 PM
    I have 2 great ideas (all the other ones are awesome also

1. An application that makes the SMS portion of the phone section off into names and then conversations in a ping pong style... Kind of when you use BB MSGR or another app and you click on the name to see the convo!

2. An application where you can password protect individual items on the phone like to set a password for just pictures, texts or phone book... I don't like locking the whole phone when I just wanna mess around with it.

P.S. I would also like to beta test whatever you need help whenever! I love testing out things and am not scared to experiment since I always have a backup and restore option!
    Also shouldn't some of these do-able ideas be put up as a voting style thread later so other developers who stumble across it can have some ideas!!?? Thanks for listening!!!
    01-11-09 10:11 PM
    I'd love an application that a user can assign to a side key that pulls up a 3x4 grid of blank boxes that they can select and assign to a contact with their own picture. Preferably it won't use the BB Contact pictures since they're so small, and will let a user import their own pictures (say like 75x75px) filling the screen with the 12 contacts would be perfect.

Upon clicking on the face of the desired contact it brings up a dialogue box allowing you to "Call (Home, Mobile)" and "SMS".
    I would even pay for this. There is a program out like this "Phoneface" - see OTA app list on this board. But I like the suggestion of it being tied to a quick button and pulls up its own set of icons.

How are you going to let us know when you have created something???
    01-11-09 10:15 PM
    I have 2 great ideas (all the other ones are awesome also

1. An application that makes the SMS portion of the phone section off into names and then conversations in a ping pong style... Kind of when you use BB MSGR or another app and you click on the name to see the convo!

2. An application where you can password protect individual items on the phone like to set a password for just pictures, texts or phone book... I don't like locking the whole phone when I just wanna mess around with it.

P.S. I would also like to beta test whatever you need help whenever! I love testing out things and am not scared to experiment since I always have a backup and restore option!
    Also shouldn't some of these do-able ideas be put up as a voting style thread later so other developers who stumble across it can have some ideas!!?? Thanks for listening!!!
    +1.........
    01-11-09 10:26 PM
    i have not read through this yet but a very simple app would be to make the LED as a flash light app.
    01-11-09 11:16 PM
    I'd love to see a fantasy football app that will allow trades, roster changes, etc. That would be great.
    01-12-09 09:09 AM
    ..I'd also like to see the crackberry app store become an app and not just a web address..
    01-12-09 09:15 AM
    I would even pay for this. There is a program out like this "Phoneface" - see OTA app list on this board. But I like the suggestion of it being tied to a quick button and pulls up its own set of icons.

How are you going to let us know when you have created something???
    +2 to this. I've been waiting for something, this would be nice.
    01-12-09 10:55 AM
    How about an application that would allow messages alerts to scroll across the bottom of the screen without interrupting your current task similar to the Palm Pre's message alerts.
    01-12-09 11:34 AM
    I just want some more games, I'm a big gamer, and one of the biggest reasons from coming to the Storm from a WinMo phone were the games, Storm has Java, which is easy to develop for, compared to WM.
    01-12-09 01:13 PM
    YES... or a portrait or landscape lock. Can be automatically be overridden in keyboard mode (so you can still switch keyboards.)

That home screen switch depending upon the phone's orientation is the only thing I really hate about the phone.
    yeah an accelerometer lock or being disabled option for certain apps or times would be great. i cant count how many times i got to unlock the phone and the screen keeps switching so i cant enter my unlock code.
    01-12-09 02:12 PM
    oh and where do you plan on making your apps available?
    and thanks for being open to suggestions
    01-12-09 02:19 PM
    There seem to be a lot of great ideas above. As a total newbie, this may already exist, but I would like some sort of a user programmable macro where a series of BB executions would happen by just pressing an icon.

For example, I need to turn the radio portion of the BB off while I'm at the computer during the day to avoid having dozens of duplicate emails sitting on the BB to delete. I do that by Home/Options/Mobile Network/Data Services, then click "Off" (or "On"), then the End key to return home. That particular use does not need to be confirmed before backing out, but many other options also add that additional step that a macro could save.

Instead, I would like an icon, say like the "Calendar" icon where it says "Calendar" beneath the icon, but I can change that to any label I'd like. In this example I could name it "Data Svc.". Then where the number "31" is on the calendar icon, it would simply say "On" or "Off". A single button push would execute the chain.
    01-12-09 02:53 PM
    For those of you asking for a flashlight app, just open your video camera and go to options and then turn the video light on. It will stay on until you back out of the camera mode or until your backlight goes out, but hey, it's free and no need to download extra apps for it.
    01-12-09 03:23 PM
    I would like to see more fun apps. Like the lightsabre app etc. I know a bit gimmicky. But hey storms are meant to be fun

With the Application Storefront coming there will be many more fun apps!
    01-12-09 03:33 PM
    Bump .. any more ideas people??
    01-12-09 08:59 PM
    Yeah, lets get some fun-app ideas together!!
    01-13-09 10:15 AM
    How about a music making app, like the game that was made for the Playstation Portable (P.S.P) called Traxx Pad. That would be sick!!!!!!!!
    01-13-09 10:55 AM
    A lil dif then what you asked for but have you tried Phoneface? or Picdial?

I'd love an application that a user can assign to a side key that pulls up a 3x4 grid of blank boxes that they can select and assign to a contact with their own picture. Preferably it won't use the BB Contact pictures since they're so small, and will let a user import their own pictures (say like 75x75px) filling the screen with the 12 contacts would be perfect.

Upon clicking on the face of the desired contact it brings up a dialogue box allowing you to "Call (Home, Mobile)" and "SMS".
    01-13-09 10:57 AM
    a wallpaper shuffling app

one that will scroll through (or shuffle) a set of user defined backgrounds. it would be good allow settings for how long it stays on 1 background.

edit: just saw one of these further down in the forum. i'm an *****
    I second the wallpaper shuffle
    01-13-09 02:11 PM
239 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD