I had an 8900 and upgraded to 9700. I have BerryBuzz and QL that I bought from CB/Mobihand. I switched PINs and everything is working fine on the 9700. My question is what happens to the "original apps" that are on my 8900?
    Right now they are still working but will they be lost the next time the OS is changed or anything happens that requires the apps to be re-registered?
    Or will they always work with the old codes?
    Probably going to sell the 8900 eventually and I just want to know if the next owner will be able to use these apps or if they will be eventually be lost.

thanks for any help
    05-16-10 08:54 PM
    You need to do a wipe on the device. The software should only be used on one device. Selling it is a good thing, but make sure to do a complete wipe so someone else can upgrade the phone with the software/apps they desire.
    05-16-10 09:04 PM
    yeah, I went ahead and wiped it. thanks
    05-16-10 10:08 PM
    The codes would probably still work.
    But as was said, that's probably against the usage terms (besides unethical )
    05-17-10 11:26 PM
    Once you switch pins, you will not be able to reactivate the app on the old device using the code. The codes are tied to the pin. When you register the new pin with CB/Mobihand, it gets updated, and that is why you have to enter the new code. Old code disappears, and becomes invalid.

BTW - you should ALWAYS wipe the device before selling it.
    05-18-10 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD