For the past month or so, when I go to the cell location on Berryweather, it always says "failed." All other city locations work fine. I have a very strong signal, so I'm wondering if this is a Berryweather issue, or a T-Mobile issue? It used to be convenient to use the cell location to obtain local weather.
    02-13-12 07:43 PM
    Probably stating the obvious but did you hit refresh? Mine still works fine. The one thing I'm missing in this new version is the ability to tweet the weather now.
    02-13-12 08:19 PM
    Yes - i've refreshed endlessly! Something has changed, and the cell location no longer works on my phone. I've checked the settings, and all appears normal.
    02-13-12 08:40 PM
    Mine doesn't work anymore either. I removed it as a location...very annoying.
    02-13-12 08:48 PM
    My weather location is in constant flux. At times when I can't get a location I've deleted the BerryWeather app and reinstalled and it worked fine. That has happened twice over the last year.
    02-13-12 09:02 PM
    Oddly enough, I find it works outside - but not inside a building - even with a strong cell signal!
    02-14-12 03:50 PM
    Oddly enough, I find it works outside - but not inside a building - even with a strong cell signal!
    Not so oddly. If it's trying to use GPS, inside won't work in some buildings. It needs to find the satellite.
    02-14-12 04:10 PM
    That would be true - if I had it set to the combination of cell and/or GPS - but I have it set to just cell!
    02-17-12 08:55 AM
    I have the same problem on Telus so I doubt it's T-Mobile. I think it's the app as other programs such as Gas Buddy etc seem to use cell location ok.........

R...

For the past month or so, when I go to the cell location on Berryweather, it always says "failed." All other city locations work fine. I have a very strong signal, so I'm wondering if this is a Berryweather issue, or a T-Mobile issue? It used to be convenient to use the cell location to obtain local weather.
    02-17-12 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD