Just curious, I used the Install.exe and everything went fine but I noticed that there was no back up required through DM on the app files. Is this considered no longer necessary?
    04-25-09 09:29 AM
    What do you mean install.exe?

What did you install?
    04-25-09 09:33 AM
    Just to be safe to back up your storm manually. There use to be a pop up saying back up automatically but I haven't seen that since I've been upgrading to hybrid OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 09:44 AM
    What do you mean install.exe?

What did you install?
    I'm referring to the install application for upgrades. Did I not describe it correctly?

Let me try again. In the sticky above the instructions for installing an upgrade does not require DM. I believe what you click on to install the upgrade is install.exe in the c/program files/common files/rim folder (I'm doing this from memory so if I missed a folder, pardon me.)

Anyway in the old instructions there was a part for backing up your apps. I've never had to use this anyway but I just noticed in the new instructions it's not included.

And I did back up using DM anyway before installing.

Hope I explained what I'm talking about.
    04-25-09 09:59 AM
    Gotcha. Loader.exe sorry just confused me.

Yeah it will automatically backup and restore. But it is still smart to backup with DM before updating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD