I send people messages and don't get replies or people send me messages and I don't get them on. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. It's really random. Then I'll check on my laptop and see that they replied or sent me a message 2 hours ago or last night.

It's been really frustrating. It did it before and after a recent OS upgrade and I've also tried other versions of the yahoo messenger app as well.

Anyone else having these issues and know of a solution? I assume it's something to do with yahoo since my emails and BBM have been fine.
    10-07-11 04:03 PM
    Are you signed in to Yahoo Messenger on your laptop? It will sign you out on your BlackBerry if you sign in on your laptop. Gtalk allows one to be signed in on multiple devices, but not Yahoo Messenger. You can only be signed in on one device at a time.
    10-07-11 04:55 PM
    I have the same problem since a while as well. I had it on my 9700 and 9780 from T-Mobile, and now the same on my 9810 from AT&T. This happened on any OS, any version of Yahoo IM. Unreliable as heck. I guess it has the Facebook Message Notifications Syndrome. On top of it, when your contacts are offline and you set an alert for when they go online, that doesn't work either. The alert goes off just fine whenever I pull up the app. And yes, it is signed in and running in the background all the time, and no, rebooting doesn't fix it.
    10-07-11 04:58 PM
    Are you signed in to Yahoo Messenger on your laptop? It will sign you out on your BlackBerry if you sign in on your laptop. Gtalk allows one to be signed in on multiple devices, but not Yahoo Messenger. You can only be signed in on one device at a time.
    No, I'm not signed in on my laptop. The app on my blackberry stays signed in until I actually go online and then, of course, I have to sign back in on my BB. I didn't always have this problem, that I know of. I started using yahoo messenger(for my non BBM people) a lot more because I dropped my text plan. It just didn't make sense to pay for a text plan when I have email, BBM, yahoo, etc. I may have to rethink that.

The thing that kills me is how random it is. I can have a full conversation and everything be fine and then I can have one or two messages no show in the middle of a conversation. Or someone can start a new conversation and I never see it. All while signed in to the app.
    10-07-11 05:37 PM
    I have the same problem since a while as well. I had it on my 9700 and 9780 from T-Mobile, and now the same on my 9810 from AT&T. This happened on any OS, any version of Yahoo IM. Unreliable as heck. I guess it has the Facebook Message Notifications Syndrome. On top of it, when your contacts are offline and you set an alert for when they go online, that doesn't work either. The alert goes off just fine whenever I pull up the app. And yes, it is signed in and running in the background all the time, and no, rebooting doesn't fix it.
    At least it's not just me. I think trying different things has made me realize it's not my BB, but more yahoo. Or maybe something between yahoo and RIM. I want to say it's only gone on for a couple months since I started adding more contacts, which drives up the usage, but I can't say for sure now. I used to have just a small handful of Yahoo IM contacts that I messaged sparsely. Maybe it's been going on the whole time and with my last two Blackberry models as well though I don't think I got the "did you get my message?" comments.
    10-07-11 05:45 PM
    This utterly frustrates me too ... I've used Yahoo Messenger for years, literally, on a wide variety of Blackberry phones, and this is the worst build yet.

Know that Yahoo does NOT operate this app as a third-party: RIM bought the rights to it a few years ago and runs the Yahoo app for Blackberry itself

There was an update last October 2011, right after these posts, but it did NOT resolve the issues for me. Of particular frustration are:

• Not receiving messages randomly while logged into the app
    • Not getting alerts when people log in

Haven't found much help on the official support page BlackBerry - Support for Yahoo Messenger for BlackBerry smartphones

Guess I'll be writing RIM...
    02-22-12 12:48 AM
    Been having sign in problem also with ym for bb its always says wrong username or password its been like that for a few weeks and had to use 3rd party apps

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    02-22-12 05:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD