Try removing the battery, then plug in the phone without the battery, after the led lights up insert the battery. Your blackberry should try to start up, and you will probably see a white sreen with an hour glass during this stage, for a minute or so. Then it should go to your 'desktop'. and the battery will indicate 'low'. leave it alone and the battery will charge. I recently discovered this fix. 3 weeks ago, I got the battery icon with the lightening bolt and was unable to fix it, so I bought a new battery. Then just a couple of days ago, my partners BB did the same thing and he had to buy a battery, yet this morning his new battery appeared dead. While trouble shooting this morning, I inserted his new battery, that wasn't charging, into my phone that was plugged in and the battery started to charge. So, I tried this process with the original two batteries and now they are fully charged and working.
    I did exactly as you posted and all it did was going back to battery/lightning bolt.
    sadi85 likes this.
    06-04-10 09:18 PM
    my bb only does that when it needs a full charge...but i try not to let it get to that burn out stage...
    06-04-10 10:55 PM
    Try removing the battery, then plug in the phone without the battery, after the led lights up insert the battery. Your blackberry should try to start up, and you will probably see a white sreen with an hour glass during this stage, for a minute or so. Then it should go to your 'desktop'. and the battery will indicate 'low'. leave it alone and the battery will charge. I recently discovered this fix. 3 weeks ago, I got the battery icon with the lightening bolt and was unable to fix it, so I bought a new battery. Then just a couple of days ago, my partners BB did the same thing and he had to buy a battery, yet this morning his new battery appeared dead. While trouble shooting this morning, I inserted his new battery, that wasn't charging, into my phone that was plugged in and the battery started to charge. So, I tried this process with the original two batteries and now they are fully charged and working.
    I also logged in to tell you that this worked like a charm, my wife and I thank you!
    06-09-10 11:37 PM
    Ok so i turned my blackberry off for about three weeks becaue i transferred phone. I went to turn it back on it was a white screen with a battery and a lightning bolt. I didnt know what to do so i took it to verizon and a new battery was not needed. But they said that it needed an update...

I really dont know anything about blackberries so what exactly do i do to update it??

PLease help!!
    Thanks
    07-01-10 02:10 PM
    Ok so i turned my blackberry off for about three weeks becaue i transferred phone. I went to turn it back on it was a white screen with a battery and a lightning bolt. I didnt know what to do so i took it to verizon and a new battery was not needed. But they said that it needed an update...

I really dont know anything about blackberries so what exactly do i do to update it??

PLease help!!
    Thanks
    You just need to leave it plugged in and charging until the battery has enough juice and it will boot itself up. It has nothing to do with an update, the battery charge just tricked away while it wasn't being used.

Wow Verizon staff are incompetent. I've had two iPhones in the past week where someone at the AT&T store damaged the SIM reader trying to "help" a customer.

What's up with the people the wireless carriers hire?
    07-01-10 02:43 PM
    My 9000 had been sitting for a couple of months and I plugged it in and had the white screen with the battery logo/lightining bolt. After plugging it in and pulling the battery and re-inserting it while plugged in, it booted up and began charging from the home screen.

You just need to leave it plugged in and charging until the battery has enough juice and it will boot itself up. It has nothing to do with an update, the battery charge just tricked away while it wasn't being used.

Wow Verizon staff are incompetent. I've had two iPhones in the past week where someone at the AT&T store damaged the SIM reader trying to "help" a customer.

What's up with the people the wireless carriers hire?
    08-01-10 04:05 PM
    Wet Storm,
    Dead Storm,
    Dead battery for a week,
    New storm from insurance,
    Old battery,
    White background with battery and blue lightning bolt,
    30 minute on ac power charger,
    Booting,
    Charging till I have to go.
    08-17-10 11:50 AM
    I just found a cool new thing which I will never use.

� To check the battery power level, say "Check battery. into the voice command thing.
    true, but mine says "medium" for a wide range of battery levels. right now I'm at 70% and that's "medium". How many discrete results are there for voice-read battery levels?
    08-17-10 12:14 PM
    Oh thank goodness. I thought I had to get a new phone. Works like a charm
    11-17-10 11:53 AM
    Oh thank goodness. I thought I had to get a new phone. Works like a charm
    I'm glad we could help you fix your Blackberry problem!
    11-17-10 01:25 PM
    i tried this and it didn't work. it just went straight back to the same lightening bolt screen. my phone has been acting up for a while: freezing after i send a text (sometimes so long that the person replies before i go back the the message screen) or the hourglass will pop up after every move/click i make with the trackball.. i went in and deleted unused applications, clear browser cache & so forth then this lightening bolt screen thing happens! some people are saying this means it's completely dead, (i use it all the time, but turn it off and charge it at night) while others say theirs quit working & they had to buy a new battery.. which is it?
    11-20-10 01:25 AM
    i tried this and it didn't work. it just went straight back to the same lightening bolt screen. my phone has been acting up for a while: freezing after i send a text (sometimes so long that the person replies before i go back the the message screen) or the hourglass will pop up after every move/click i make with the trackball.. i went in and deleted unused applications, clear browser cache & so forth then this lightening bolt screen thing happens! some people are saying this means it's completely dead, (i use it all the time, but turn it off and charge it at night) while others say theirs quit working & they had to buy a new battery.. which is it?
    Well, batteries are cheap enough that they are a diagnostic tool; why not just get one off eBay and try it? It won't be more than $5 shipped.
    11-20-10 09:11 AM
    The icon means that you have to take out the battery from the phone and then let it "dye" for about an hour. Then you put it back on the phone to star charging it from zero. I dont know the technical reason buy my provider told me that an it worked fine. So i didnt have to do anything else.

I hope this simple trick works for you!!!
    By the way my blackberry phone is bold 9000.

Greetings and thanks for this web page and all the help that brought me
    I'm having the same issue with my old Bold 9000. Can't find a solution.
    09-27-11 01:01 AM
    Jackpot! THANK YOU.

I had left my old Curve 8330 lying around, and realized there was something on it I wanted to get off it.
    It showed the battery with the blue lightening bolt through it when I would plug the charger in,
    and it would not charge and then start up as I hoped it might after just waiting for it to pick up
    a charge.

I removed the battery as you suggested, plugged in the charger, got the red LED. When the LED went out, I plugged in the battery, and boom... got the spinning hourglass, and it booted to the desktop.

Then it showed "low battery", with the radios automatically turned off, which is normal when the batter is very low. And the battery charging icon appeared in the upper right corner (the little wall plug symbol next to a horizontal cylindrical battery).

THANKS.!
    12-09-14 01:55 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD