While AW is open, try holding down the ALT key while pressing RST.

This will refresh your cache and close out the app.

Then, re-open AW and hopefully everything will refresh for you after logging in.

YAY! It worked! I don't know why I didn't think about doing that. But thx a lot!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    09-09-11 06:30 PM
    YAY! It worked! I don't know why I didn't think about doing that. But thx a lot!
    Enjoy!
    09-09-11 06:33 PM
    I upgraded as soon as I saw the update was available which was a few days ago, and I do reboots often (between 1-3x/day just to keep things fresh and running smoothly) so its not a reboot issue :/
    Any other suggestions?

Nope. Like I said, I had the same issue. I would delete it and re-install.
    09-09-11 07:17 PM
    to be honest I find it cluttered on my 9900. And quite a bit slower than the 2.x was. I rolled back and won't be upgrading until they force me.
    09-09-11 07:22 PM

Glad you got it working. I used "alt + right CAPS + del" and it worked for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-09-11 08:03 PM
    Nope. Like I said, I had the same issue. I would delete it and re-install.
    Why would he delete & reinstall if he got it working already with ALT->RST?
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 09-09-11 at 10:43 PM.
    09-09-11 10:41 PM
    Why would he delete & reinstall if he got it working already with ALT->RST?

Did my answer quote the part where he said he resolved it?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-09-11 11:14 PM
    Did my answer quote the part where he said he resolved it?
    Nope. But the post was made well after he stated he resolved it already...
    Oh well. I was just curious.

Thanks for the reply.
    09-09-11 11:25 PM
    to be honest I find it cluttered on my 9900. And quite a bit slower than the 2.x was. I rolled back and won't be upgrading until they force me.
    How do you roll back to original ver 2?

Hated it! I wish I didnt upgrade. It is slow and unstable on my 9900
    09-10-11 05:01 AM
    ui looks good, but the app is slow to load and navigate through it on my bold 9930. makes the trackpad overly sensitive. needs more work. should of never left beta.
    09-10-11 08:29 AM
    I like the new, updated look of BB App World.
    09-10-11 09:07 AM

Brad DID give you the correct way to cure the issue you were having and glad it worked for you. It seems that now with the previous version as well as 3.0 when you install a new version of App World it will ask you to enter your BBID and then it will say... Refreshing Your List(Of Installed Apps) so that is another way that you might look for in the future as well.

Glad Brad was able to help you.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    09-10-11 01:19 PM
    I loved it!!! It's so easy to navigate, it's so vivid and it's like it should be, like the AppStore and the Android Market are.
    RIM didn't miss a single spot, this time, I've got to admit. The update was much welcome.
    09-10-11 06:14 PM
    How do you roll back to original ver 2?

Hated it! I wish I didnt upgrade. It is slow and unstable on my 9900
    I dumped old cods on using bbsak, but you can always use http://rroyy.com/otaarchive/ rroyy is awesome <3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    islandp and FIELDboy like this.
    09-10-11 09:30 PM
    I find it to be slow and laggy. I also find it to be less user friendly, which is why I switched back to the old version. The new one, at least to my effort, wouldn't let me copy the license to the clipboard so that I can paste it when reinstalling an app. If it has that feature, I couldn't figure it out. The old one lets me do it and I am keeping it for now.
    09-10-11 09:54 PM
    Its terrible. Its slow, cluttered and even froze my 9630 a couple of times and had to hard re-boot. Does RIM realized that a lot of people still uses older BB? This update is made for newer BB which are faster and is able to handle its content better.

With that said, anyone know of a link for the 2.0 version of Blackberry App World?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 09:37 AM
    With that said, anyone know of a link for the 2.0 version of Blackberry App World?
    A link was posted just 2 posts above yours, but for 2.1...
    RROYY - APPLICATION ARCHIVE
    09-11-11 09:56 AM
    it looks more up to 2011 style.
    09-11-11 09:20 PM
    I'm sorry to post this in this thread but every time I run across this here on my computer I'm frustrated. Can someone please tell me how to actually INSTALL these things on my phone? I get a .jad file and I don't know what to do with it.

Thanks for any help and sorry again for hijacking this thread... well, maybe I didn't. I DO want to revert to my earlier version of App World. I liked it better.

I have a 9930 and it looks great on the screen but it's "glitchy"... screen freezes and releases. Makes it hard to navigate.
    09-12-11 11:52 AM
    Hi,
    .JAD files are meant to be download and installed via the BlackBerry browser OTA (Over The Air), not via PC. If that is what you meant. Not too sure.

You can revert back to the earlier 2.1 version from the link posted a few posts above.

HTH.

EDIT: Back OT. AppWorld v3 is actually quite visually pleasing to me and I like it very much. But, truth be told, it is still very buggy.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 09-12-11 at 03:05 PM.
    09-12-11 03:02 PM
    ok...here is my issue with this 3.0....since the 9930 has bbid I am stuck to using one username on my phone.....in the AW 2.x versions I could sign out of one ....sign in on another ,refresh list, and my other apps would show...then back....now just one name and I have no access to my other apps......anyway to "merge" my accounts?
    09-12-11 03:09 PM
    Thank you for the reply. I believe I understand. I do all of my research on my computer... big screen, much better for that. So when I find something that I want to download (like the previous version of App World) I should then perhaps email myself the link so that I can open the same page on my Blackberry and take it from there? Sound like a reasonable thing to do?

Yes, I agree about 3.0. It is very visually appealing and I also agree, very buggy. Do the people who write that particular piece of software issue updates (bug fixes) often, or is this something we have to live with for a long time?
    09-12-11 03:24 PM
    You got it... Email yourself the link, and open it from your handheld.

AppWorld is developed by RIM in the BetaZone. All updates come from/through there first. if you want to test AppWorld and other releases you have to be a member. Go to www.blackberry.com/beta to join. On your PC or handheld.
    09-12-11 03:34 PM
    Thank you!
    09-12-11 05:17 PM
    Thanks for the Link which is now booked marked...
    09-26-11 10:01 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD